Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64463 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!
« Reply #495 on: November 25, 2013, 03:55:13 pm »

Oh god no, can Peral tell if they are hers?
If they are maybe have Peral use her Whispered message spell to order there return, if they aren't then maybe a message that can lure them away?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 25, 2013, 05:23:02 pm »

How many can we see, approximately?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 25, 2013, 05:39:39 pm »

Oh god no, can Peral tell if they are hers?
If they are maybe have Peral use her Whispered message spell to order there return, if they aren't then maybe a message that can lure them away?
Pearl leans in close and whispers into your ear. "I can't tell if they're from the upland camp. The cavalry has a uniform regardless of posting. And they're not exactly my goblins ... it's complicated."

How many can we see, approximately?
Eight. Four are poking around searching while four stand in a cluster between the well and the entrance gate. Also Charlotte hears some quiet activity outside the compound's gate.

The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 25, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »

How fast does a lizard-rooster run?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 25, 2013, 06:10:23 pm »

How fast does a lizard-rooster run?
Pearl whispers, "In the long run, slower than a human, and we have more endurance. But it's easy to get surrounded and they leap a short distance very quickly."
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 25, 2013, 06:51:15 pm »

So, no use making a break for it...

I'd say our best bet is to distract them some how. Or ask about their intentions with that whispered voice spell.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 26, 2013, 11:19:55 am »

So, no use making a break for it...

I'd say our best bet is to distract them some how. Or ask about their intentions with that whispered voice spell.
+1

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 26, 2013, 02:25:11 pm »

Pearl obligingly pulls out a reed and a wisp of cobweb, opens her spellbook, and makes the mystical passes with her hands and whispers the efficacious chants associated with the Whispered Message spell. The glyphs and runes in her spellbook shimmer in the darkness. She whispers into the reed.

With a clang and rattle one of the goblins outside stands up in the saddle and looks around. His shouts echo in his helmet, and the others gather up to him. Pearl keeps whispering into the reed.

The goblin cavalry hurries out of the compound and you hear hollow gabbling and mumbling on the other side of the gate. Sounds like the goblin party is moving on.

Pearl explains, as her spell ends, "I just said some creepy things like "Cooome intooo my wellll"" which she says with wide eyes and waggling fingers. "I figured I couldn't order them around so I just tried to get rid of them."

The compound is arranged like this, with descriptions you can tell from the outside, or a more detailed italicized description if you've explored it:

[North, overlooks bridge]

Store             Guard Tower           Open Space

[West, overlooks cliff]    Stable                    Well                    Entrance Gate    [East, down to road]

Smithy Shed          Lodge              Cottage

[South]

You're hiding in the cottage.

You hear the goblin cavalry moving off outside the compound.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood, and Pearl is also caked with black coal dust.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 26, 2013, 02:37:25 pm »

Well, that was close. I say we remember this location and head out, see where the goblins are going. Not necessarily follow them, just watch for a bit.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 26, 2013, 03:00:26 pm »

+1 to above. following them might lead us to more places to explore.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 26, 2013, 03:40:43 pm »

Well, that was close. I say we remember this location and head out, see where the goblins are going. Not necessarily follow them, just watch for a bit.
+1

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 26, 2013, 03:45:04 pm »

You creep out and peek around the corner of the gate. The goblin cavalry is heading across the bridge and down the zigzagging cliffside road.

The compound is arranged like this, with descriptions you can tell from the outside, or a more detailed italicized description if you've explored it:

[West, overlooks cliff]    Stable                    Well                    Entrance Gate    [East, down to road]

[South]

You're hiding inside the entrance gate.

You hear far-off sounds of goblin cavalry clanking along.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood, and Pearl is also caked with black coal dust.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 26, 2013, 08:45:58 pm »

I say we turn the rope into a grappling hook, and explore down the well.
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 27, 2013, 11:00:13 am »

making a grappling hook out of our rope and exploring the well seems like a good idea. (provided we can fit inside the well in the first place and we have a suitable grapple) you never know what might be in an old, dried-up well. for all we know, that might be the gremlin's hiding place (or better still, another cramp-store)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 27, 2013, 12:37:11 pm »

With the faint sounds of the goblins receding into the distance, the place is again eerily quiet. The cold tree limbs creak as the wind bustles through them and your footfalls on the frosty ground are the only regular sounds. Occasionally a board in one of the buildings will pop, or something small like a nut or branch will fall from a tree, which makes you jump.

At your suggestion of going down the well, Charlotte goes to the store and brings out a rusty tool which Claire hammers into the inside of the well with the back of her axe. It seems very secure. Claire unwinds her rope and ties it off to the ad hoc piton, and tosses it down the well.

Looks like each of you can go down, but not two side-by-side. The well is 4' across and now that the sun is higher you can faintly see the bottom 30' down. But it'll be dark down there for anyone exploring.

The women take this opportunity to drink deeply of their bota bags, and share out some trail food with each other - and you. They have nuts, dried fruit, jerky, and hardtack crackers. They do their best to wipe off the blood from their hands and faces, and spare a few drops of water. Charlotte accidentally eats some of the blood and makes a face. Claire silently laughs and flexes her arm, and Pearl laughs her strange chiming laugh and says, with a Goblin accent, "Yes, blood make you strong like salamander."

Will you break out some of your food and share with them? You're also thirsty - you have the jug of hard cider and the bottle from the Dryad's tree.

[South]

You're at the well. There's a rope down the well tied off to a piton at the top.

The area is quiet.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48