Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64486 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!
« Reply #480 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:03 pm »

Loot the gold, try to figure out how much in ounces it is, not likely enough for analyze magic but meh its a start, think we should call it quits looking for gremlins, this is a good enough find for now. Also yay, tarot cards, more props for tricking people. (not that we do much tricking but meh, if we need to we can)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 22, 2013, 06:27:22 pm »

You peek outside and check. Still just before noon. You probably have about five hours before it gets dark, and about 3 hours of travel will put you outside the gremlin hunting range. If you search for 4 hours and walk an hour, you're gambling that you can walk the other 2 hours of travel at a faster pace than the gremlins.

You, Pearl, and Charlotte search the cottage carefully while Claire stands guard. The arrows are too old to be useful - but they've only been here a couple years. Pearl found 3 gold coins and Charlotte found 18. Pearl pulls out the coffer from her pack, picks the lock, and they pour the coins in. You found 12. Will you reveal how many you found? The searching was all stooped digging and rummaging, so they wouldn't know it if you pocketed some.

Your Lame Torch finally goes out.

The compound is arranged like this, with descriptions you can tell from the outside, or a more detailed italicized description if you've explored it:

[North, overlooks bridge]

Store             Guard Tower           Open Space

[West, overlooks cliff]    Stable                    Well                    Entrance Gate    [East, down to road]

Smithy Shed          Lodge              Cottage

[South]

You're in the cottage.

The area is quiet.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood, and Pearl is also caked with black coal dust.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 22, 2013, 07:18:08 pm »

Ask, if worst comes to worst, can we hole up here for the night? Can gremlins tear down sturdy walls or doors?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 22, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »

Could we ambush them by pretending to be asleep and when the bring us to their lair... SURPRISE ATTACK!!!!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 22, 2013, 11:46:38 pm »

We have no reason to hide the coins, gold isn't that valuable to them IIRC.
The Gremlins would probably just kill us frog, then bring us to their lair, if they dont just eat us on the spot that is.
No harm in asking, was thinking we should head home and store our new goods, take what we can of the salamander meat, gremlins will probably eat it otherwise, but if we can hole up here we should go back get the meat and return here to hole up. Only if we have the time of course.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 23, 2013, 12:10:41 am »

Give them the gold to put in the box, and do we have any rope?
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 23, 2013, 12:32:31 am »

We can't open the box right now. But we've got some gold now, which is why we came out here in the first place. If we can hole up here, great, but if not we might want to weigh it and possibly go home.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Camp Goblin - Worst Summer Camp Ever
« Reply #487 on: November 23, 2013, 10:09:53 am »

The Gremlins would probably just kill us, then bring us to their lair, if they don't just eat us on the spot that is.

"The gremlins have a lair near here, to the west. They drag their victims there to be eaten alive, which means there's probably a concentration of equipment, magic items, and treasure. Anything we can't use ourselves could be a bargaining chip or trade goods."

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:12:20 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 23, 2013, 12:59:27 pm »

Ask the women if they have any rope.
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 23, 2013, 02:34:41 pm »

I stand corrected then, been a month mate.
Edit:Your suggestion is still pretty bad, they might tie us up and even if they don't what makes you think we could even take on a lair of gremlins?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:43:33 pm by Cain12 »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 23, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »

It sounds like they've captured people far better equipped than us, that's for sure.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 25, 2013, 12:20:11 pm »

You reveal the coins you found, and add them to the stash (which is on Pearl's equipment list because she's carrying it).

Ask the women if they have any rope.
Claire has a 50' coil of rope.

Ask, if worst comes to worst, can we hole up here for the night? Can gremlins tear down sturdy walls or doors?
Pearl thinks. "It looks like somebody tried to hole up in here, and their barricades were torn down. Probably also that front room on the upper floor of the shop. Barricades don't seem to work well. But we haven't seen a gremlin up close, only at some distance in the dark, and it was in the woods. So I don't know."

You hear a commotion outside the front gate. It sounds like rough, high-pitched voices arguing, and the clank of metal.

The compound is arranged like this, with descriptions you can tell from the outside, or a more detailed italicized description if you've explored it:

[West, overlooks cliff]    Stable                    Well                    Entrance Gate    [East, down to road]

[South]

You're in the cottage.

The area is quiet.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood, and Pearl is also caked with black coal dust.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 25, 2013, 12:58:00 pm »

Hide, watch the gate.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 25, 2013, 01:38:27 pm »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 25, 2013, 03:45:21 pm »

Your party hides in the dim cottage, and a troupe of goblin cavalry encased in plate, riding armored lizard-roosters, rides in through the gate one by one. They're grumbling and blurting things to each other hollowly from inside their closed helmets, stabbing things with their lances, generally making a scene. They peer into each of the buildings but don't go in.

A goblin looks into the cottage, bending low from his mount, his helmeted head swiveling so he can see through the tiny eye slit. He doesn't see you pressed against the front wall to his left, and turns to leave.

[South]

You're hiding in the cottage.

The area is raucous with goblin cavalry.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48