Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Creeper World 3 (Now on Steam)  (Read 15669 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Creeper World 3
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 08:33:11 am »

Yep, it's a map generator, with tons and tons of options.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 10:09:05 am »

Just played the demo, it's awesome! Shame I don't have enough money for it.. :(
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 11:32:06 am »

oooh, creeper world? I may of torrented the first one... good to see that it is now a top down game again, not the side view of the second game
there is also a version of the original on kongregate, creeper world evermore I think, that has a random map per day, the demos for the games are on there too.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:40:25 am by bluejello »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 12:46:38 pm »

I liked Creeper world 2 too. It's just quite an excellent series in general.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 08:28:29 am »

What kind of replayability does this have? Considering spending a little food money for it.. I could do to lose some weight :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 08:33:17 am »

Significant, I'd say. It has significantly more options that the first 1, which already had great replayability due to randomly generated maps and user content.

Random maps are still in, I believe, and the tools for user generated have been significantly improved.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 09:42:53 am »

There is a surprising number of people here, awesome.

As for replayability, tons. you've got the story (which gets hard fairly quick), ~400 systems between Colonial space and tormented space, alpha sector which is full of alpha/beta maps (some nearly impossible, some full of prebuilt structures), and the random map generator. Also playable credits!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:12:11 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 09:51:29 am »

Actually, Colonial Space and Tormented Space look more like they have ~1500 maps EACH, since they both have 200 systems, each with 5-10 planets.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 11:10:54 am »

My God, this game...
GOTTA BUY THIS SHIT! Played through two maps in the demo, and I've already had a ton of fun with it.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 12:14:38 pm »

Little question here :
I had a lot of fun from the first one, and tried the demo of the third. It was nice, but are there many new things in it ?
I mean, this game is good, and its concept is really great. But it lack the "oh my god, a boss is coming" feeling from classic strategy/TD games.
I mean, I can launch the first game, play on a map for 40 minutes because I have a plan, and I see what I have to do, but in the end, I'll have less fun than if I play the most un-original TD, because this would have moments when I know my base-design will be challenged.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 12:30:06 pm »

Little question here :
I had a lot of fun from the first one, and tried the demo of the third. It was nice, but are there many new things in it ?
I mean, this game is good, and its concept is really great. But it lack the "oh my god, a boss is coming" feeling from classic strategy/TD games.
I mean, I can launch the first game, play on a map for 40 minutes because I have a plan, and I see what I have to do, but in the end, I'll have less fun than if I play the most un-original TD, because this would have moments when I know my base-design will be challenged.
Well, apparently the later maps get hard as fuck. The demo doesn't really demonstrate that since you've just got the first two systems.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 01:07:52 pm »

Things later maps have:
Spores (returning from cw1)
a substance that can and will pull the creeper forwards with it losslessly, regardless of terrain or lack of.
Things that stun your everything nearby as they glide by.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 02:07:05 pm »

Little question here :
First of all, there's really lots of new stuff (after all, you have 20 types of units), and second of all, there's different possible types of challenges in the maps. I guess you aren't a fan of the "I'm totally safe here, now how do I advance" kind of maps, but there's also maps where you have to fight to defend your command node the whole time, where you just barely have enough energy to stop your entire base from being overrun. I guess the flowing property of the creeper and emitters doesn't actually produce "waves" of attacks (ironically), but there are other types of enemy that come in waves, and there are always custom maps where people can script all kinds of enemies, including those kinds that feel like bosses to you.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 02:42:48 pm »

Saw this topic, bought the game, played the hell out of it last night for longer than I planned. TD games are like crack to me :S Need to go ahead and download the other two since I bought em at the same time. I generally take the route of: set up base, get to a stable position, build up forces, march forth and destroy.

The first world you get to that has the thing orbiting it (forget the name of the planet offhand) I found pretty easy. Unrelated to that world, TERPs are awesome :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 04:23:31 pm »

Hands down, this is bloody awesome.
Finished the demo, gonna buy it this week.

inb4 Creeper Fortress mod for either game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5