Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Creeper World 3 (Now on Steam)  (Read 15657 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Creeper World 3 (Now on Steam)
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:46:10 pm »

So, Creeper World 3 is out. It's a Tower Defense RTS... against a liquid. You might not expect that to be a good game concept, but it is glorious. I'm currently downloading it, and I expect it to be nothing short of extraordinarily awesome.

Here's the trailer.

Here's the website.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:05:30 pm by MagmaMcFry »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Creeper World 3
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:02:46 pm »

Ooooh, this game. PTW.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 02:03:11 pm »

I'm loving it so far.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 02:04:04 pm »

Also, Knuckle Cracker also made Whiteboard Wars, IIRC. You should look it up on kongregate.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 06:23:49 pm »

Creeper World was the first game I got on GamersGate, and I actually replayed it not too long ago. It was totally a kickass game. Creeper World 3 seems like a much improved version of it! Looks great!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 06:12:55 pm »

Here's a custom map pack I'm working on. Three maps so far, more to come.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 06:19:38 pm »

I made two maps so far. Dunno how good they are.

"Silence" is really easy, assuming you know how to use sprayers.

"Oblivion's Gate" ...Never really played it, tbh. Dunno how difficult it is.

Probably rather difficult.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107136914/Finalized.zip

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 10:48:47 pm »

I played (and bought) the original. It was excellent.

The liquid (I think technically it's modeled on heat) concept really is a masterstroke. There aren't chains of various enemies coming down the same old paths, but a limitless, amorphous ooze that actually requires quite a bit of strategy to deal with.
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 10:52:46 pm »

Huh. I never knew how many people had played this, given that the second game's demo showed up on my computer one day when I wasn't looking. I liked it a lot when I decided to try it one day, though.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 11:05:49 pm »

I played the first one, but only a little bit. Forgot the title though. I keep seeing this thread and thinking it's the third run of some really sadistic minecraft server.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 11:35:29 pm »

so excited to play this, i loved the first 2. I dont actually like any other TD genre games, except this one. Its different enough for me and I love figuring out ways to pin down and push back the ooze.
I got nothing

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 01:28:07 am »

Deep spammer is deep.

Here's the entire message with the spam link and the text that went with it removed. I bet you can't guess where it was (after it's modded).

Quote from: spammer
Learn to work and rest, time to give yourself a quiet space; their emotions rule their own lives, their own lives to determine their own destiny. A day of hard work, a busy life, so we lack a transparent and peaceful heart. Learn to work and rest, time to give yourself a quiet space. Read a book, read newspaper, writing text, listen to music, let yourself calm down, swore heart unhappiness and stress, quietly enjoy their own peace and happiness. Happy, it laughed; painful, it heartily tears; tired, sat down to rest; fails, on their own to encourage their; confused, you awake brain, calm yourself. Busy and need to arrange their own leisure, pleasure and pain need to adjust themselves.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:40:04 am by Putnam »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 01:31:47 am »

Yeah they do that so it doesn't look like spam to things that scan for spam automatically.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 07:49:10 am »

I need to try this, I played the 2 first games (only the demo though).

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 08:04:34 am »

This certainly looks interesting. I assume the "dial up" map thingy mentioned in the trailer is some kind of map generator?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5