Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219164 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The XP required to level has been reduced in the last update. A lot.

And now I'm that much closer to purchasing. So far all I've read and seen imply I would enjoy the game quite a bit if it weren't for the grind. I'm still a bit suspicious due to no loss condition, since I quite enjoy unmodded XCOM/FTL/Invisible Inc style campaigns where I can win or lose in a reasonable amount of time and then start over again.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

It summons the whole group. So, yeah, kill the lighter every turn. Make sure you kill it before it gets a turn after the Cannon dies, too - it's got a nasty attack.

Shovels can be annoying, but on the plus side if you find you're not seeing many walls, there are often curios you can use them on to prevent them from hurting you. Graves in the Weald are a favorite - often jam-packed with loot.

are you fucking serious
How do people not know? 
You can use various items, like the medicinal herbs(or was it antivenom?) on piles of meat in the blight dungeon.  Holy water on unholy/corrupted looking things and bookcases.  Bandages on sharp-ish looking things.

I havn't loaded this game up in a long time...

I know all that, I just didn't know all of them because some aren't very intuitive. I had no idea shovels could be used the same way, or the bookcases, or bandages.
Shoes...

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize a team of adventurers. Darkest relea
« Reply #902 on: February 02, 2016, 10:38:30 am »

You had no idea???? Thats like specifically in the tutorial!

Anyway, i LOVE the new quotes. I had a bounty hunter once say: "Its like that time in the weald.... except without all the spiders." I burst out laughing. Also

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make love not war

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^ Uh, this sounds...weird. What is the logic behind this?
The devs must be former Blizzard employees...they always liked to force the player to grind in WoW. :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:54:21 am by gimli »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Never Again". Storywise it's too terrifying to face more than once. Mechanically it might be there to stop you from just getting one super team and playing the entire game with it.

Not that I necessarily agree with it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Seems in keeping with their "No you play the game our way" philosophy.

I really hope modding is possible for the game. There are so many design decisions, so many pointless hardcore restrictions, that actively diminish my enjoyment of the game.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Just got the collector on a champion run. 

Fucking bullshit, dude.  Lost a level 6 occultist.

It was going so well up to that point too.  I've still only managed to win a single short champion run, really not sure how the hell I'm supposed to do these considering everything's stats are all up to fuck and they crit every turn for 30 damage.
Shoes...

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, everyone, whos your favorite class? Mines bounty hunters. Decent dodge, great accuracy, they can knockback, stun, and bleed, and they have a greater damage output then a leper usually.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The setting, overall theme, art and sounds, and the narrator are the highlights of DD for me.

That being said, it's a shame that the core of gameplay relies on you being able to withstand grind and punishment thrown at you in big fuck-you chunks. I enjoy a challenge, but I guess I've never realized that some PC games are a masochist's domain.

THAT being said, I've had my third team exterminated. I'm going back in. I'm gonna DO this motherfucker.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DD is like the Drak side of the Force. Use your anger to obtain power!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems in keeping with their "No you play the game our way" philosophy.

I really hope modding is possible for the game. There are so many design decisions, so many pointless hardcore restrictions, that actively diminish my enjoyment of the game.

A moder looked at it to see if they can change the limit, but it looks like it's hard coded in the game. This is the only real problem I have with the game, and most of the changes (corpses, stun and similar) made the game better.
Make love not war

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

I don't like how enemy attacks do damage to my guys.  Stress has got to go too.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

1/10 for your shit post.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 101