Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219736 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did they make it so that there's any real good loot since release? Because the biggest thing I disliked about this was that all the items had such negatives that they were never worth striving for.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trinkets got a fairly big buff. They still all give negatives but its pretty easy to find stuff with positives that outweigh them.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I picked this up in the Steam daily deal and I'm having a blast.  By which I mean I'm dying and going crazy incessantly and inevitably.

Do I suffer, long-term, if I try and grind up newbies in the Ruins?  Does the game gradually get harder overall, leaving me with no newbie-grinding grounds?

I'm thinking a decent building strategy is to rush the upgrades that cheapen stress-relief in towns (e.g. second level of bar), is that sensible or am I missing something?

Also I love the jester.  That is all.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Sort of. The more you grind in a dungeon, the higher the dungeon exploration level rises, causing higher level missions to appear and fewer lower level ones. I think the game is coded now to always have a chance to provide you an apprentice mission in one of the dungeons, but it's not a guarantee.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, got the equivalent of a total team wipe (actually, total multiple-team-wipe), so had to start over.  Attempted a strategy of not upgrading the stagecoach immediately, to try and hold onto my available Deeds until the blacksmith became available (so I could upgrade it immediately, assuming I found at least one more Deed as random loot).  Didn't work - only having two new heroes available prior to my next two missions led to...unforeseen consequences.

Enjoying the toughness of the game immensely - I've been screwed by the RNG a few times, but never in a way that I felt was entirely grossly unfair (I'm looking at you, FTL) and always in such a way that I could see how I could have prevented it, if I'd only prepared more (and been willing to spend more money on preparations, heh).

What sort of gear/how much of it do most people take on expeditions?  I think I may be going overboard on torches - but then, I try to keep above 60 at all times, which may be inefficient.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got to week 20 or so and I had my squad of best heroes wiped out in two battles where the enemies got to attack in the first rounds and scored like 7 critical hits in those two battles.

Other than that the game seems nice, however, I enjoy failing at FTL or Invisible inc, cause the campaign lasts like 3-4 hours, here, you may invest hours and hours of gameplay and get screwed over or play yourself into a corner. Not sure if I like that, I can see myself rage quit in most campaigns and not returning to the game for months.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got to week 20 or so and I had my squad of best heroes wiped out in two battles where the enemies got to attack in the first rounds and scored like 7 critical hits in those two battles.

Other than that the game seems nice, however, I enjoy failing at FTL or Invisible inc, cause the campaign lasts like 3-4 hours, here, you may invest hours and hours of gameplay and get screwed over or play yourself into a corner. Not sure if I like that, I can see myself rage quit in most campaigns and not returning to the game for months.

Sounds like a good game to me. FYI - you can beat all of the bosses in around 14 hours. That's literally a single day of play, unfortunately.

I'll hit this again when they finish it. It's definitely worth keeping an eye on. Until then, I'll stick with open-ended/sandbox-y games like DF or Rimworld.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

I lost a party in an Eldrich trap and could not find the flee button. Quite frankly I was butthurt but in truth it's more the loss of the preparation you did than an actual loss like in a roguelike, I grabbed new adventurers and moved on.

So far I like the constant difficulty and the stressful gameplay.! I find the game fun enough to keep going at lower levels. I was lucky to not lose more characters so far, but I play very defensively, always keeping a combo of vestal/cultist + my plague doctor to stun and remove the bleeding.

The only thing is, in a game like this, I need to name my adventurers so who want to be named? I'll come back from time to time to tell you who died and who turned the card.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:37:10 am by Boltgun »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Graverobber.  >.>
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried different battle strategies, but ended up convinced that sheer damage dealing abilities overweight everything else. (except shuffling enemy melee fighters back). Some buffs seems tempting to use, but again, nothing seems to beat killing an enemy fast and not be attacked by it in next round. Any thoughts on this?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried different battle strategies, but ended up convinced that sheer damage dealing abilities overweight everything else. (except shuffling enemy melee fighters back). Some buffs seems tempting to use, but again, nothing seems to beat killing an enemy fast and not be attacked by it in next round. Any thoughts on this?
That is the winning strategy, yes.  If the enemy doesn't act, you take less damage.  If the enemy is dead, you don't have to stun them.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

I figured that cultist marking + plague doctor backrow stunning + bounty hunter double damaging axechop is a good way to start a fight.
I have not seen good tanking so far so damage seems the way to go.

And a lot of buffing suck, raise accuracy or evades is moot if the rng pee on you.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:08:58 am by Boltgun »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And a lot of buffing suck, raise accuracy or evades is moot if the rng pee on you.
+100% accuracy has its uses.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Man At Arms has THE tank buff. Increases PROT, causes him to get Marked Target so attacks go to him, and activates the Riposte Buff so he'll counter attack anyone that attacks him.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Man At Arms has THE tank buff. Increases PROT, causes him to get Marked Target so attacks go to him, and activates the Riposte Buff so he'll counter attack anyone that attacks him.

Ok I'll try again once I have one who can survive a milk run.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 101