Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118164 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders
« Reply #1215 on: August 11, 2014, 02:29:52 pm »

I honestly feel that the above is only fair, but how will he prove he/she's trustworthy? Randomly Located Training Settlement? I thought that was the point of Dale... it's important to set a precedent for anyone else who stumbles across this thread or the Fortress.

How about this:
If they stumble across it by themselves, then we'll have them join Dale.  If they want coordinates through the thread, then we'll have them wait until they have at least 50 posts on the forum.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1216 on: August 11, 2014, 04:19:02 pm »

That seems fairly reasonable.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 11, 2014, 04:28:07 pm »

I honestly feel that the above is only fair, but how will he prove he/she's trustworthy? Randomly Located Training Settlement? I thought that was the point of Dale... it's important to set a precedent for anyone else who stumbles across this thread or the Fortress.

How about this:
If they stumble across it by themselves, then we'll have them join Dale.  If they want coordinates through the thread, then we'll have them wait until they have at least 50 posts on the forum.

Should we have a sign in Dale that gives the URL for these forums?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 12, 2014, 11:13:57 am »

How about this:

Should we have a sign in Dale that gives the URL for these forums?

Then griefers could find this thread... perhaps in the fortress itself for the uninitiated?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 12, 2014, 11:18:57 am »

Then griefers could find this thread... perhaps in the fortress itself for the uninitiated?

I'd say that would be reasonable.

On the topic of griefers: I feel we should all build a decoy house out in Dale in order to make people believe that everyone lives out there.  Right now, we only have a couple houses, so any attackers would likely try to look further to find the rest of the group.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 12, 2014, 12:06:28 pm »

FYI, this thread shows up on the first page of Google search results for [not posting the exact words because it would probably move this thread to the top of the list]. The old thread does, as well. It shows up in a weird format for some reason, but someone could still obtain information.

Also, if we do announce our existence, people will just go to these forums and find the thread that way.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1221 on: August 12, 2014, 11:12:17 pm »

After searching a bit, I found the old thread, but not the current one.
(Side note: I think the threads from the legendary Old Forums show up in that format. I may be completely mistaken, but I recall seeing that somewhere.)

If we're concerned about people finding our stuff, a private subreddit might be a good place to take the discussions.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:34 pm »

(Side note: I think the threads from the legendary Old Forums show up in that format. I may be completely mistaken, but I recall seeing that somewhere.)

If we're concerned about people finding our stuff, a private subreddit might be a good place to take the discussions.
The current thread can be found with the correct search. It's fifth, I believe.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 12, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

I have a subreddit i just haven't added anyone to it
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1224 on: August 12, 2014, 11:52:39 pm »

The current thread can be found with the correct search. It's fifth, I believe.
Yeah, it took me a while to find the right keywords.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 13, 2014, 08:12:55 am »

All right, me and Goldie have (mostly) sorted out the supplies for a diamond cauldron. I'm out getting a shipment of rotten flesh atm, and he says he can get cactus for us. Now, I think the only thing we can't get reliably is grilled pork.

I can't read it on my phone, can someone check the factorymod wiki and see what all the ingredients are?

Finally, even though rotten flesh is cheap, it is still a long way to travel to get it in any sizable quantity. If anybody doesn't have anything to do, start looking for a zombie spawner near Dumathoin. We can set up a grinder. Also, a skeleton spawner would be nice, too. Free unlimited arrows and bones sounds pretty good.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 13, 2014, 08:27:17 am »

We have a zombie spawner just off the rail tunnels, I posted the coords in the old message board near the dale entrance.
Red roses however will be a problem because I haven't found a skeleton spawner despite my significant hours of caving.
Cactus is a problem, I was hoping to use the massive cactus farm in CW which I assumed was public, however despite a large public sign saying "Forest/cactus farm' above the line in the public rail hub that leads to it I was advised during my trip that that no, it's private, please leave.
We can build in the large desert north around +7000, I could pop down a hidden rail line just off the one leading to xiphas, or alternatively I could use Carbon's cactus farm, which is totally useless and unfinished. I might be able to convince someone to let me finish it.
Oh and if we make our own working largescale gold farm we'll be rolling in rotten flesh,.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 13, 2014, 08:35:18 am »

Marc, can you post the ingredients for the D cauldron recipes? My phone won't let me scroll the box so I can see them, but I'm stuck at work not working for the next few hours, so I want something to think about.

Anyways, there's an abandoned farm area east of Titan, with a beach biome, so we could build a cactus farm there and nip over periodically. They also have a skelly farm, so that's got enough bones that we may not need our own.

So, the only thing we're still missing a supply of (that I can remember) is pork. Well, pig farm time!
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 13, 2014, 08:51:57 am »

Are you sure cactus grows in beach? The realistic biomes spreadsheet has a blank space for cactus/beach....
I'm assuming we want this recipe: "128 Exp Bottle for 128 Glass Bottle, 96 Carrot, 32 Melon, 256 Cactus, 8 Red Rose, 128 Rotten Flesh, 32 Red Mushroom, 32 Vine, 128 Bread, 32 Grilled Pork using 1 Charcoal"
So Vine also is something we need to gather a few of, but cactus is a major component.
BTW I'll just mention again that I have pigs trapped in the building at lal-dumathoin, but buying some eggs would be faster.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 13, 2014, 08:57:40 am »

As it happens, there's *also* an abandoned vine farm east of Titan.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 97