Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118055 times)

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders
« Reply #1230 on: August 13, 2014, 02:29:31 pm »

I read in the reddit that there's an impending change to gold farming - I think the change is they will only drop nuggets if a player slays them.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1231 on: August 13, 2014, 08:15:52 pm »

I think I remember reading something along those lines.

It shouldn't be too crippling, especially considering that everyone else will be in the same situation.
I'm more interested to know if an iron golem auto-farm would work on this version.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 13, 2014, 08:31:10 pm »

Probably, if you could get the villagers here. It would be really slow, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 13, 2014, 09:01:02 pm »

I'm more interested to know if an iron golem auto-farm would work on this version.

I know a couple had been set up before.  If we get one made in secret, then we could have all civilians in iron armor, making everyone at least somewhat prepared for an invasion.  If we restrict diamond to military and nobility (nobility having gold helms), then it could be used as a caste system.  Granted, that would probably be just for out of combat clothing, in combat having anything allowed.  Furthermore, we could become an economic powerhouse, potentially to the point that the mere threat of us releasing our stocks into the system could make the economy bend to our will through the possibility of us making one of the two currencies basically worthless.

Probably, if you could get the villagers here. It would be really slow, though.

There's a village nearby (maybe 500 blocks from Dale, in the direction of the pre-Dale entrance from Dale) that we could use, so we wouldn't have to go too far.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:02:36 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 13, 2014, 09:38:17 pm »

I meant the production rates, since mob spawns are turned down.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 13, 2014, 09:54:39 pm »

I'm not a fan of the armour caste idea, personally. It would make everyone more vulnerable to surprise attacks.

A better solution might be coloured hats. It wouldn't have as much of an impact on armour, and it would allow for greater diversity in castes. Banners might work once the server updates to 1.8*, too.

*Yes, I know that 1.8 isn't out. Duh. I couldn't figure out how to phrase that sentence in a (non-awkward-sounding) way that would makie that clear.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1236 on: August 13, 2014, 10:03:17 pm »

I like the sound of gold helmets/coloured caps to distinguish castes.

+1 for economic powerhouse, though I'm not sure that we're any more likely to reach that point than anyone else on the server.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 13, 2014, 10:29:22 pm »

I like the sound of gold helmets/coloured caps to distinguish castes.

+1 for economic powerhouse, though I'm not sure that we're any more likely to reach that point than anyone else on the server.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 14, 2014, 01:21:01 am »

Iron golems don't drop iron since early 2.0 everybody had a golem farm and it seriously screwed up the economy.
If we get one made in secret, then we could have all civilians in iron armor, making everyone at least somewhat prepared for an invasion.
Even unenchanted diamond armour doesn't leave you any useful defence against someone geared up in prot 4 with a godsword, you might survive for 5 seconds maybe?
So my obsessive attention to detail has derailed the dome again, I'm not liking the way the corner overlaps the floor area, my option is to ignore it *wince* or increase the size of the floor to fit the corner better, or widen teh dome more.
I'll probably use that last option, but I can't widen it too much because of how it'll effect the walls that already exist on the top level.
I just want it looking neat damnit!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1239 on: August 15, 2014, 12:07:03 am »

I think I'll just wear gold armour.

Iron golems don't drop iron since early 2.0 everybody had a golem farm and it seriously screwed up the economy.
It was a bit too much to hope for... though it's just as well, I guess.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 15, 2014, 01:05:47 am »

OCD will be the death of me...
The issue with the corners is bugging me too much, I'm wideing the dome west and north slightly, and the floor just underneath needs to be modified so that the second levels corners are consistant, that is half the problem. The upshot of this is that the west and north areas of the top level aren't as wide as the south and east areas anyway so the whole thing should look more consistent.
I swear this will be the last restart, after this the only modifications will be to the archways, and also later I'll be adding decoration to the dome itself, basically chiselled stonebrick, actually I could save myself some time and work out the placement of the stonebrick before I restart.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 15, 2014, 12:58:23 pm »

Man, I wish I had minecraft so I could see that dome you're talking about.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 15, 2014, 04:42:08 pm »

When it's finally done I'll do some screenshots.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 15, 2014, 09:47:06 pm »

Dammit, Goldie locked me out of the forge group again. Marc, do you have the privs?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 16, 2014, 10:30:30 am »

I have member so I can probably just use the forges....
WTF, I'm a moderator of "civcraftbronyclub" :s
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 97