Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118309 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - We may get invaded! Help us defend!
« Reply #1050 on: July 09, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »

So, have the invasions ended? Should I start typing up an announcement post for the CivCraft subreddit?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 10, 2014, 07:26:08 am »

The invasions don't even seem to have started, there are a lot of new people joining the server though, it's getting full at peak hours.
But really the 'invasion' is generally overhyped, There are alot of respected people on the server who came from the "Hard Core Factions" server and cities tend to mostly get griefed by new players who don't know any better.
The HCF invaders do attack cities of course and steal stuff but don't generally grief for the sake of doing damage, they just want to PVP and gather wealth to support the PVP.
However I still don't think we should announce anything untill we at least get finished stone reinforcing all Goldminers hard work.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 10, 2014, 05:48:38 pm »

The invasions don't even seem to have started, there are a lot of new people joining the server though, it's getting full at peak hours.
But really the 'invasion' is generally overhyped, There are alot of respected people on the server who came from the "Hard Core Factions" server and cities tend to mostly get griefed by new players who don't know any better.
The HCF invaders do attack cities of course and steal stuff but don't generally grief for the sake of doing damage, they just want to PVP and gather wealth to support the PVP.
However I still don't think we should announce anything untill we at least get finished stone reinforcing all Goldminers hard work.
Sounds like a good idea.

Also, do you think I should make a QuickTopic? It could be sent out with the coordinates, and used for discussing things we'd prefer to keep from potential raiders.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:50:26 pm by Elephant Parade »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 10, 2014, 10:04:33 pm »

What's a quicktopic?
Btw I actually made a private reddit sub for dumathoin but haven't actually added anyone, I don't know if anyone uses reddit, CIVcraft is basically a reddit thing.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 10, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »

I use reddit, name is same as here

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 10, 2014, 10:38:33 pm »

What's a quicktopic?
Btw I actually made a private reddit sub for dumathoin but haven't actually added anyone, I don't know if anyone uses reddit, CIVcraft is basically a reddit thing.
I use Reddit. My username is Elephant_Parade, but I don't think we need a subreddit, honestly. If we want to recruit non-Bay12 members it'll be important, but otherwise I think we should just go for a Bay12 topic/quicktopic combo.

Quicktopic is a ridiculously barebones topic-hosting service. It works, and the topic can't be found using Google. I think.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1056 on: July 11, 2014, 02:30:06 am »

I'm an intermittent Redditer (or whatever the hell they call themselves). I go by the moniker of the_orange_wizard.
I should probably log onto Civcraft again, actually. I don't think I have in weeks.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 11, 2014, 11:04:50 am »

I finished a quarter of the basic dome in creative. Next I'll add suitable embellishment.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 11, 2014, 02:16:08 pm »

Here's my first draft of a primitive auto-harvesting system.

The glowstone allows us to grow stuff underground close to normal speed. It has to be adjacent to the crop, though, limiting its use in larger farms.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1059 on: July 11, 2014, 03:18:18 pm »

Using water to break and push the wheat around would be much more efficient than using precious iron on pistons.
You should set up hoppers (I know, I know. Precious iron and all that.) and chests to collect everything, too.

There are also more efficient ways of distributing glowstone, if the supply of glowstone is more important than the size of the farm. See this Minecraft forum thread for the general idea, just put down glowstone instead of water.

Marc: The dome looks pretty awesome. Where are you putting it? In the main hall or somesuch?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:21:19 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 11, 2014, 03:25:04 pm »

Do diagonals count for adjacency?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 11, 2014, 04:41:16 pm »

I dunno.

Anyway, Marc, was it you who Ryden gave the rest of my payment to?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1062 on: July 11, 2014, 04:56:49 pm »

Do diagonals count for adjacency?
I don't believe so.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 11, 2014, 05:37:13 pm »

Well then, the most efficient use of glowstone would be a tesselating pattern of +'s. It would be rather inefficient for space, but space is something we have plenty of.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 11, 2014, 10:54:32 pm »

I still have your diamonds yeah, they're safer than the unreinforced redstone blocks in your office :p
Seriously reinforce those bastards.
Edit: Yes that is my plan for the dome over the main cavern, Meta's dome was a little too high for our mountain and I didn't quite like how pointy it was, but I'm not satisfied how plain it is, I'm currently trying to work out how to make it look better.
Edit: Damn bunnies are adorable, it's a shame that I can't play minecraft without optifine :(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:00:45 pm by MarcAFK »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 97