Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118544 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #675 on: May 27, 2014, 02:12:13 pm »

So, I just joined up and am trying to make my way to our place. IGN is Sensei.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 27, 2014, 02:30:47 pm »

I've managed to make 4 diamonds from Titan. I also have plenty of cobble, so is it ok if I make a road to Titan? Basically, from the docks, travel a little ways by river, then there will be another dock (I will build) and then a road which will connect to the road that leads to Titan. Any complaints?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #677 on: May 27, 2014, 04:22:40 pm »

Why do we have a layer of clay beneath our wheat farms? Some mechanic I'm unaware of?  ???
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 27, 2014, 04:32:37 pm »

Right, no one has complained, so I'll begin building the road.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #679 on: May 27, 2014, 05:35:31 pm »

Why do we have a layer of clay beneath our wheat farms? Some mechanic I'm unaware of?  ???
One of the server-side plugins makes certain crops grow faster under certain conditions, and slower under others. Having <=4 blocks of clay underneath a farm plot is one of these conditions.

Excellent, now people will be able to find us. [/sarcasm?]
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 27, 2014, 05:39:54 pm »

Lock the chests and deploy the magma cannon!

Is building death traps on one's own territory pearlable?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 27, 2014, 05:46:31 pm »

Excellent, now people will be able to find us. [/sarcasm?]
Is that a problem? I don't have to finish the road, if so. Honestly people will find us eventually anyway.
That and they will only find us if they sail in the correct direction, which they may or may not do.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:49:14 pm by Scotsmen »

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #682 on: May 27, 2014, 05:55:28 pm »

Do we have a channel at the server or something for chatting? or strictly the 500-block rule?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 27, 2014, 05:59:05 pm »

Just the 500-block rule.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 27, 2014, 06:02:21 pm »

Nobody has expressed any opinion at all. Also, you only waited two hours.

Personally, I think we should stay off the map until we've at least announced our existence.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 27, 2014, 06:10:39 pm »

... Alright. The road hasn't gotten to the point where it connects to the other road yet anyway.

When do you plan on announcing our existence anyway?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 27, 2014, 06:21:59 pm »

... Alright. The road hasn't gotten to the point where it connects to the other road yet anyway.

When do you plan on announcing our existence anyway?
When we can defend ourselves from random griefers.

So, when we have decent gear.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 27, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »

And noteblocks, I assume.
Not noteblocks, jukeboxes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 27, 2014, 07:43:30 pm »

Sadly, I realized it was four blocks of clay for max bonus after I set up the newest part with just one.  I have a good bit of clay on me, though; I'll fix it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 27, 2014, 09:00:53 pm »

Someone mentioned a preexisting rail link between us and Somewhere, where is it?
How much of the fort is stone reinforced?
Who has at least iron armour and diamond swords?
We should form a militia, the most active of us could have alt accounts with beds in zezekukens tower or something, either kept equipped at all times or if we lack enough gear we could have reinforced chests containing the gear which will be on a first come first equipped basis. Perhaps we should set up a locked chest and hopper for donations to the militia? I can donate enough for one set and similarly provide one for myself if I get a bunk :p.
Death traps..... How about for now just iron reinforced iron doors to the fort, access group dwarfgate or something, all trusted members get added, similarly the militia could get added to a group called dwarf militia and get added to doors, lockers etc at the towers, overlook, secret passages whatever.
What about a magma death trap that makes the main entrances deadly when triggered? Only to be used after an attack, we could have hidden doors to bypass the traps. I need to work out the mechanics but maybe piston doors that seal the entrances which only close in an attack, the area between the doors would be filled with a magma curtain.  It would be easy to bypass however, can so forced blocks be moved by piston? How about flooding the main tunnels? If they were sufficiently reinforced to prevent tunneling through it might slow down escaping attackers enough to allow the militia to catch up.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:17:49 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 97