Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118541 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #705 on: May 28, 2014, 09:06:50 am »

No worries- been using that chest as temporary storage for the farm work I've been doing.

Speaking of farming, a forest wheat farm is a bit suboptimal.  Are there plain areas nearby that we have considered moving into?  A long-term project might be an elevated platform in a plains biome with a high-sky rail line connecting back, but we seem to be surrounded by forests and ice mountains.  Perhaps a scouting detail is in order?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 28, 2014, 09:07:38 am »

How would I get an alt account, without paying another 27 bucks? If it's possible, I would join the militia.
Go to the comments section of a video made by a popular Minecraft Youtuber, and look for someone offering a free minecraft account. Such a person will usually provide a link. Click on it, and download whatever it tells you to. In fact, download it multiple times, just in case.
Sounds like an excellent way to obtain viruses...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 28, 2014, 01:40:53 pm »

Outline of the Town Hall has been made.  For aesthetics, moving the building directly in front of the doors from the Dale farms into the city to the area I've outlined with dirt blocks (built within them, not on.) would be good, but it is reinforced.  I'm guessing it is going to be stone reinforcement, due to their apparent need of iron.  Doing so would give us a nice courtyard with a direct path to the town hall.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 28, 2014, 01:41:40 pm »

I think he's just trolling :p
So I've gone back to Carbon where I had 2 stacks of clay.
Is there anything we need while I'm here? I'm planning on grabbing a grab a bunch of pumpkins and melons for the seeds, But I also might be able to trade some iron for stuff from the local market. And forget about squid ink, the last time I checked in the market it was being bought for one diamond per 20. It's fairly easy to farm though, I might grab some diamonds while I'm here :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 28, 2014, 01:46:15 pm »

Is there anything we need while I'm here? I'm planning on grabbing a grab a bunch of pumpkins and melons for the seeds, But I also might be able to trade some iron for stuff from the local market.

I don't think we should be selling our iron for other stuff.  We need some incoming before we should start selling it off.  Same goes for any other resource as well.  When we have a fairly steady supply, that is when it becomes available for sale.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 28, 2014, 02:45:31 pm »

Hey, is it alright if a friend comes to our settlement? He can definitely be trusted.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 28, 2014, 03:02:37 pm »

Hey, is it alright if a friend comes to our settlement? He can definitely be trusted.

Sure.  Who should we look for?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 28, 2014, 03:04:09 pm »

Sure.  Who should we look for?
Southquab

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 28, 2014, 03:16:45 pm »

He's been wandering around there for a while, and it's not like the giant stone bridge across the river is exactly inconspicuous.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 28, 2014, 03:21:37 pm »

So, now that the world knows about us anyway, may I finish the road?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 28, 2014, 03:59:50 pm »

Let's get a rule system nailed down, and figure out who the nobles are.  Then we reveal ourselves and the roadwork can continue.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 28, 2014, 04:16:24 pm »

I say we make it a glorious and spectacular reveal.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 28, 2014, 04:39:04 pm »

Let's get a rule system nailed down, and figure out who the nobles are.  Then we reveal ourselves and the roadwork can continue.

Nobles? Oh, right. Well, I'm High Priest. Cmega's the Bookkeeper. I believe you're Captain of the Guard. Anyone else?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 28, 2014, 04:57:51 pm »

Nobles? Oh, right. Well, I'm High Priest. Cmega's the Bookkeeper. I believe you're Captain of the Guard. Anyone else?

Elephant's King.  I'd rather be General Commander of the Armed Forces, a national position.  Three below me would be the Captain of the Daleic Guard, the Captain of the Dumatoin Guard, and the Captain of the Active Military (ie. Forces for invasions and reinforcing towns).

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 28, 2014, 05:20:20 pm »

OK, that works.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 97