Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98687 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #285 on: October 21, 2013, 03:43:58 pm »

-From Splint's journal-

14th Timber, 194

I find Highmax's obsession with mead disturbing.
I never made it before, because I'm always cooped up underground. This is why I'm hyped up about this.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:50:21 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2013, 04:02:57 pm »

It's a novelty more than anything unless you actually dedicate a group of workers to it's production. The royal jelly is also largely a waste product because of the way liquids are handled for cooking now.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2013, 04:18:07 pm »

I was rather hoping we would call the first born child 'Hope'.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 21, 2013, 04:22:24 pm »

Buzzardstreams: Buzzard Fortress

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2013, 05:28:05 pm »

I would say that someone should build an insane buzzard-killing megaproject, but we aren't dwarves. So we should build a sane one instead.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 21, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »

We're the last members of the only peaceful race in the world. Madness is normal. Or it will be anyway.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 21, 2013, 07:25:34 pm »

I was rather hoping we would call the first born child 'Hope'.
if its a girl, I'll do that... Provided he/she is one my turn, which it probably won't be since it was halfway through the year.

Madness may be inevitable, but it'll be someone who goes berserk with dwarven madness and tries something dwarfy and not humany.

And lastly, expect the last season to be delayed possibly until tomorrow. I got an essay on Scandinavian Warriorship to finish up for a class. Might I mention that this class is so awesome that I got to hold a "Viking" sword while wearing chainmail and carrying a Skjolldir (a shield with Nordic runes on it, pretty much Scandinavian shields). I proceeded to let out a war cry as my class stared at me either in fear of an insane guy or a "WTF" moment...

Best... Class... Ever...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 21, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »

Do you happen to have a picture of the Skjolldir?

Google's not giving me anything right now. Though I did find a neat looking shield called the Yetholm. Don't think it's too relevant, though.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 21, 2013, 08:43:50 pm »

Do you happen to have a picture of the Skjolldir?

Google's not giving me anything right now. Though I did find a neat looking shield called the Yetholm. Don't think it's too relevant, though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I made a big mistake and spelled it wrong. Its Skjoldr. I added an I and an L

It really doesn't say the name, but where I saw these said that the helmet as a whole is called a Hjalmr

EDIT:
Splint, I used you for my essay with your bit about the swords documentary. I'd ask what it was, but I got little time :-[
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:24:24 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 21, 2013, 09:43:42 pm »

22nd of Moonstone, 194: A Use for Schist and Current Status
Well, we finally found a use for schist; we found out that it makes lovely mist when dropped from a good height.

In other news, Grim and Splint are still merely lovers, I'm trying to find someone to do the armory job except myself, our mace lords are ready to crush something's face, and the armory might not be finished by the end of this year... And I don't think tha I'll be working this Lord job afterwards. I'm not a fan of the whole authority thing, and its just more work then is needed. I'd rather just go back to swinging my axe. Speaking of that, I'm looking for a recruit to join me in my personal squad. We use AXES unlike the spearmen and mace lords. Because hacking down your opponent like he's a tree is the easiest way to fell an enemy... Especially if its an elf

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2013, 09:53:13 pm »

Well, we finally found a use for schist; we found out that it makes lovely mist when dropped from a good height.

In other news, Grim and Splint are still merely lovers, I'm trying to find someone to do the armory job except myself, our mace lords are ready to crush something's face, and the armory might not be finished by the end of this year... And I don't think tha I'll be working this Lord job afterwards. I'm not a fan of the whole authority thing, and its just more work then is needed. I'd rather just go back to swinging my axe. Speaking of that, I'm looking for a recruit to join me in my personal squad. We use AXES unlike the spearmen and mace lords. Because hacking down your opponent like he's a tree is the easiest way to fell an enemy... Especially if its an elf

Wait, dropping schist actually makes a mist?  Or is it a dust cloud?  Dust clouds are some deadly shit and you should be careful with that. o:

How's the mingling going, and have I been humanized yet?  Just throw me at a random human if you haven't, I'm sure I'll stick.

Edit:  I look right at the damned thing, read that there's been no change in the mingling, then I ask anyway.  Man I'm the smarterest.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:56:14 pm by Karkov »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2013, 10:09:02 pm »

Wait, dropping schist actually makes a mist?  Or is it a dust cloud?  Dust clouds are some deadly shit and you should be careful with that. o:

How's the mingling going, and have I been humanized yet?  Just throw me at a random human if you haven't, I'm sure I'll stick.

Edit:  I look right at the damned thing, read that there's been no change in the mingling, then I ask anyway.  Man I'm the smarterest.

You're now the engraver/mason. And it splashed in the water so I HOPE its mist, but its not like its big though, just random spot in a 3x3 area that no one can get to

16th of Opal, 194: Decisions, Drafts and Dafts
Well, the mason came up to me and told me the armory was going well. I thanked him but I called him Urist, because I don't honestly know his name. He got offended and told me his name was Karkov... Well bolloks...

I discovered that the easiest job in the fortress is held by the military right now. They get free food, free drink and all they do is swing weapons at each other all day. Forget woodcutting, this job is MUCH easier! I'm enlisting myself! I realized I needed someone to smack with my axe, so I grabbed the presser and told him she's going to be my partner for this and she proceeded to whine as I smacked her with my axe, lightly tapping her face. This job really IS easy!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2013, 10:21:20 pm »

26th of Opal, 194: A Really Hard Whack
I''ve been shirking my duties as a recruit by sleeping and drinking and whatnot. I think I need a waterskin and a backpack, but I should be fine. Can't really fix the sleeping though. Also, theres lots of blood covering the last floor as SOMEONE smacked a buzzard down there and it almost hit our fisherman and sending the poor bird to a watery grave... ROT IN HELL YOU BASTARD FOWL!

EDIT:
Its mist, not dust. As long as it hits water, we're good!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:23:59 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2013, 10:29:43 pm »

3rd of Obsidan, 194: The Second Marriage
Grim and Splint married today. It was very heartfelt, both of them being the first to arrive here. Then the drinking began and not many remembered what happened. We need to drink less, we're becoming like dwarves! This isn't a good thing! The next on the list for mingling is... Wait a minute... EVERY mace lord has a lover? When did THAT happen!? How did they have time to... I'm not going to ask... I'll leave the next mingling session to whoever takes over for me. By the way, the end of the month, I'm finished with the whole "Lord" thing.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2013, 10:44:16 pm »

1st of Granite, 195: Oddities and The End (FINALLY!)
Well, today is my last day, but not without oddities. For some reason, arrows flew out of the stockpile. Everyone is putting them back but still, how did they get out?

Anyway, heres a quick list of what must be done:

1) Finish off the armory. The roof is done, the stairs are almost removed and the flooring for the first and basement floors are almost done. Remember: Armor in bottom, weapons first floor.
2) Dump ALL the schist! It looks horrible, I don't know what possessed me to order a dig there.
3) Dump the bodies and remains. They're starting to pile up
4) Make more equipment. Its bad enough me and the presser are recuits, we can't get any decent armor either.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:52:26 pm by highmax28 »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53