Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98674 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am »

Highmax, I am doing Norse Fortress, the threads up in the modding section of the forum and I've nearly finished the nobles.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2013, 11:19:31 am »

Highmax, I am doing Norse Fortress, the threads up in the modding section of the forum and I've nearly finished the nobles.

*drools*

6th of Hemetite, 194: Raven Horde?
A big flock of ravens just flew by the fortress... And when I mean by, I mean THROUGH the place. They swooped by and kind of just went by everyone. Everyone stopped what they were doing just to watch and stand in awe or run in fear. I don't know if this is a good or bad omen, but it sure is annoying for cutting into our industry... Also, the armory is planned out, and will begin construction as soon as we can on it. It will have two floors and a basement, the first for weapons, the second floor being for ammo, and the basement for armor.

Oh, and we're also making some new clothing out of rope reeds, which will be nice for us.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2013, 11:28:42 am »

14th of Hemetite, 194: Wagons and Lovers
I found out that old wagon is still there from when we first arrived. Its broken and wont move, or do anything for us. Wood is wood, so it helps with every little bit. Also, the "mingling" session has gone smoothly, with me and the physician finally becoming lovers. I cannot describe how happy I am, but it really took much to describe how my emotions were like. Then again, I have issues doing so anyway

16th of Malachite, 194: GlimmeredWeathered
Eri the macelord bestowed a name upon her mourning star, Enerequo. It means GlimmeredWeathered. A strange name for sure, but in her hands, it is a great weapon of war known well amongst us Humans.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:53:04 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2013, 01:03:02 pm »

They were also REALLY tall and really well built, so they're like the Spartans of Northern Europe

EDIT:
Also, if we did a Norse mod, it should be called (thank you Karkov?/Sarrak? for this in Bloody Age) Norse Fortress

That was me that said that.  I could totally dig that as a mod too, I need to go snooping around in the modding forums more often.

Heh, it'd be funny if you could make it to no matter what options people picked the fortress name would always return with "Valhalla," however it'd probably break the game's naming system.

That and each and every dwarf/norse warrior would be named Valhalla as well.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »

It'd be hilarious, but I think the wording should be Faroese, as they have the language as close to Nordic as possible without actually being Norse. I know a band that does a good portion if their lyrics in that, mostly because they're from the Faroese islands

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2013, 02:15:39 pm »

If you just make a megabeast out of each god and goddess, and give them the [fanciful] tag, your people will use them in their historical carvings and sculptures.  It's something I was doing in the "Mythic Greece" mod before that project lost its supporters.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2013, 02:20:54 pm »

If you just make a megabeast out of each god and goddess, and give them the [fanciful] tag, your people will use them in their historical carvings and sculptures.  It's something I was doing in the "Mythic Greece" mod before that project lost its supporters.
That sounds awesome! But it makes more sense with Norse because the Aesir CAN die

11th of Galena, 194: Progress
Well, I have to admit, we're all working quite hard. I'm stuck in a room full of booze and food and my beautiful lover with me. I tell you, its hard work picking up these barrels and drinking from them. And then lifting those barrels for food, its murder... Anyway, everyone else has it easier by working on the armory (which is coming alone nicely!). We just need to figure out how we're going to make the walls of the basement so the thing can stand on its own two feet... Maybe we can have a use for that REALLY ugly schist...

25th of Galena, 194: Finally Married
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, its official; I'm married now. As soon as I spoke of it, she agreed we should. Well, now the next couple will be placed in the "mingling session". I think Splint and Grim are due next... The wedding party involved LOTS of drinking and singing and dancing. And more drinking... I swear, we must have dwarven blood in our veins...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:41:16 pm by highmax28 »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2013, 02:44:20 pm »

For the "Mythic Greece" game, I was also going to make each God a race of adventurer with a single member.  Each player would then roleplay that deity, doing whatever they liked to the mortals and setting themselves up wherever they liked.  If they somehow were killed "on earth" or "in the underworld" (The caverns), they were just said to have gone back to Olympus until their next turn.  However, if one Player's god were able to recruit another Player's god during their turn, they'd have a chance to trap them somewhere instead, which means that when it was that Player's turn again, they'd have to figure out a way out of that trap before they could carry on with whatever they were planning to do once more.  Players could choose to do a fortress mode turn instead, which allowed them to build shrines and such to their patron deities as well as various other buildings - There was going to be a forum game involving relative "Divinity points" based on who was mentioned in carvings or statues during the fortress modes, as well as who was able to re-create the various special places from Greek and Roman myths... it was going to be pretty awesome.

[/derail]

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2013, 02:54:29 pm »

How the hell did that NOT work!?

8th of Limestone, 194: Foundations and Bees
A farmer complained and announced to the world he got stung by a honey bee... Wait a minute, honey bees? Where's the hive!? We can make mead! Even though I like dwarven wine the most, some mead would be great to have! I also might have the farmers make another plot for farming longland grass, especially since longland beer is great. The armory foundation walls are built, and I realized how ugly schist looks. its up now and we can't take it out, so we'll just make the flooring out of rhyolite. Because anything looks better then schist...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2013, 02:56:53 pm »

Near the farm, there should be two yellow log things. One colony is ready for collection, the other for expanding into more hives.

Also: Schist, the shitstone.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »

Please "dorf" the first available male child "Jack Schist".  He'll be very secretive and most likely either be kidnapped or slain before he grows up - that's OK, a blank slab in his memory will be testament to that fact that no-one really knows "Jack Schist".

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!!
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2013, 03:22:17 pm »

Near the farm, there should be two yellow log things. One colony is ready for collection, the other for expanding into more hives.

Also: Schist, the shitstone.
One isn't yellow, the other is. Dunno why...

Please "dorf" the first available male child "Jack Schist".  He'll be very secretive and most likely either be kidnapped or slain before he grows up - that's OK, a blank slab in his memory will be testament to that fact that no-one really knows "Jack Schist".

I was going to give him the title "Highmaxson" but now that you said that, I'm kinda iffy... And I think the term for this is "Humanized"

25th of Sandstone, 194: Honey Problems...
Well, I'm trying to figure out how to make mead for us, and the farmer says we need more jugs to make mead... And why don't we have any jugs? We need mead! We need a larger variety of alcohol! We're humans, not dwarves that live off of the same old booze for decades! Once we get these jugs made, hopefully we can get some mead, because mead is tasty and wonderful! Meanwhile, Splint has been defying my orders until I yelled at him to get to the "mingling" session with his lover Grim. I swear, soldiers think they can control everything just because they can take out an entire legion of beak wolves...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2013, 03:29:34 pm »

We're all great or beatter soldiers. We're more inclined to train even in our downtime than socialize.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2013, 03:38:18 pm »

13th of Timber, 194: The Buzzards Return
The presser was off to go harvest us some honey when all the sudden a buzzard swoops in and grabs the prickle berries behind him! The presser runs away screaming bloody murder and the entire army goes off chasing away buzzards. I swear, we need some archers as soon as we can, this can't happen all the time! Blood covers one of our farm plots now as an example to the buzzards now, but they don't care too much. They just want to steal our damned food! The arrows have been moved to the now completed second story of the armory although it lacks a roof at this time. The flooring is yet to be finished on the first and second floors, so by the end of this year, if we're fast, it should be finished. We did however, get some honey, so lets go make some mead!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2013, 03:41:59 pm »

-From Splint's journal-

14th Timber, 194

I find Highmax's obsession with mead disturbing.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53