Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52675 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2013, 11:21:21 pm »

They've all got at least a shitty little pistol. The half that stayed across the street from you have autoguns and a pair of grenade launchers. The group coming towards the stairs have pistols and shock mauls. None of them have armor. I would imagine some have knives and clubs, but that's pretty irrelevant for now. That said, they're street scum, so don't expect feats of amazing badassery to be coming your way. Expect a LOT of dakka though. Also, they're human, so if you kill a shitpile or otherwise prove yourself to be not-worth-fighting, they'll retreat.

Wanna shoot or not? :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2013, 11:41:46 pm »

Metalus looks at his improvised explosives, then at the mob.

He checks how far the scum with the better equipment is. Are they within throwing range?

He does the same check for the closer group.

If either are in range, and someone starts shooting, Metalus will throw one of his explosives at the closer group - and the other at the further group, if they are in range.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2013, 11:49:25 pm »

The closer mob is about to be in range. They're about 12m away from the building. The group across the street is about 18m away. Your range on the grenades is about 9m, and I'm willing to fudge it a bit if you roll well. Also, you could wait until the group is on the stairs, and just kinda toss it around the door. Or drop it off the stairs.

Around this time tomorrow, if Woose hasn't posted an action, then I'll replace him with someone from the waitlist selected at random. And also, things will move forward too.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2013, 03:44:42 am »

Glob decides to look around for anything that could be turned into an fire bomb, better take them out on the spot then over time in an gun fight

Action:Look around the kitchen and upper floor for items to be made into an fire bomb

OOC: Going to try and do it like this so i can make it simple for Hans and easy for me to say what i am doing

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2013, 05:08:08 am »

I expend my clips taking down as many as I can.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2013, 08:31:08 am »

I tip over the fridge so we have some cover from the door, then crouch down behind it, shotgun out.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »

I expend my clips taking down as many as I can.

Hmm, you have a rifle, IIRC. I'm going to give you all a surprise round because they're not actually expecting you to shoot at them. Here goes!

Initiative:
Xerxes - 2+3 = 5
Susanowa - 3+3 = 6
Metalus - 3+10 = 13
Glob - 2+9 = 11
Scum - 2+1 = 3
Xanaros - 3+2 = 5

Also, I'm sadly going to declare Woose as going back on the waitlist. I'm going to put Xantalos in, hence the new person above. :P He is in the apartment, we're just going to assume he's really, really quiet up until now. The scum do not get a turn, and Xanaros and Xerxes go first, which works out alright cuz Xerxes has an action post up already.  Here goes the sniping!

BS 41 (You needed a forty-seven) Second attack 2 (...)
Rolling damage. 5+3 = 8 on the first, 3+3 on the second. Since they're not wearing any armor, you just killed or incapacitated two of the group coming towards the stairs. There's about 12 of them left. It appears everyone else is taking cover, but I'll let Metalus throw his "grenade".

They're pretty bunched up and closing, so you get +10 to hit.
BS 46 (You needed a 50 or below) You manage to land the bomb where you wanted to! Now let's see if it explodes correctly... Damage 5+6 = 11 damage to anyone in the area, which equates to you severely injuring six of them. I'm not going to count them as kills, but if you can imagine a glass bomb, it's pretty horrifying. Anyone hit by the shrapnel no longer has the will to fight you, and the remaining six melee armed scum are rethinking their decision to rush you.

Glass bombs. This is why we don't piss off the Tech-Priests, ja?

Anyone have anything to do in this round before we begin the next one?
He's fucking with us.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2013, 09:44:42 pm »

I have my las carbine out, right?

Metalus aims at one of the more heavily-armed scum with his las carbine.

Should be a half-action aim for a +10, no?

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »

I want to pull for some cover and open fire onto one of the melee scum, better if they get no chance to attack us

Action:Go to cover and fire onto the melee scums

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2013, 11:41:29 pm »

OOC: Aah! Er. Gimme a few several hours to conclude the party I'm at and figure out how to give my character a psychic power.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2013, 03:16:37 pm »

Xanaros grunted.
These are foolish folk we have here! Do they not know the reputation of he who they attack?
Since I already have my weapon drawn, otherwise I couldn't have shot the scum, take Unnatural Aim at the most heavily armed scum and shoot him. Aim for the upper center of mass.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:44:32 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2013, 03:37:06 pm »

Drawing is a free if you've got quick draw, and I believe an attack is a half action.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2013, 03:42:18 pm »

((Hmm. In that case, editing post to reflect my lack of quick draw.
Oh hell. Just noticed something - I have Las training, but a stub pistol. Would you mind if I changed that to a laspistol, GM, considering I only have it via virtue of accidentally clicking the wrong option on character creation.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:44:41 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2013, 05:28:32 pm »

Yeah, you can change it. :P

Initiative:
Xerxes - 2+3 = 5
Susanowa - 3+3 = 6
Metalus - 3+10 = 13
Glob - 2+9 = 11
Scum - 2+1 = 3
Xanaros - 3+2 = 5

Scum - The melee scum scatter into the alleyways, horrified and not willing to deal with more glass bombs or sniper fire. The ranged scum fire a fusillade at the building you are in.
GL-scum Aimed BS test - 11 (Krak grenade, aimed at the wall) Damage - 10, 7
GL-scum2 Aimed BS test - 58 (Same as above) Whiff
(There's thirteen scum with autoguns, and none of them are aiming, just firing full auto at the building. Yes, they're not actually aiming AT you, just aiming TOWARDS you. :P )
1st - 8
2nd - 78
3rd - 45
4th - 54
5th - 30
6th - 70
7th - 30
8th - 95
9th - 53
10th - 4
11th - 12
12th - 68
13th - 96

That is six hits on the building. There's five of you, so I'm going to roll a D8, 1-5 hits a character, 6-8 hits the building. 3, 4, 2, 1, 2, 6
So. Xerxes took a hit, Xanaros took two, Susanowa took one, Glob took one, and the building took one. In the future, more intelligent/better trained opponents will actually shoot AT you, so don't expect to get this lucky in the future. :P Does anyone want to attempt a dodge before I roll the damage?

Xerxes: I'm assuming you just keep plugging away at them, probably aiming at the non-decimated group this time.

BS test - 2 BS test - 39

Damage Roll: 10, 5

RIGHTEOUS FURY! BS test 45 Sadly, Righteous Fury fails. But you still did enough damage to kill two more scum, in the well armed group this time.

Xanaros grunted.
These are foolish folk we have here! Do they not know the reputation of he who they attack?
Since I already have my weapon drawn, otherwise I couldn't have shot the scum, take Unnatural Aim at the most heavily armed scum and shoot him. Aim for the upper center of mass.

Psychic test - 9 + 4 = 13
The threshold is 8 so you succeeded. And rolled a phenomenon.
67 - DARK SUMMONING (FOR FUCK'S SAKE MAN, YOU USED ONE PSYCHIC POWER AND SUMMONED A FUCKING DEMON HOW THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT?! O.O) (21 meters, 9 rounds)
BS test - 29 Good job, you capped a dude with a Grenade Launcher. Pro skills. 5+2 = 7 damage.

Susanowa: Camping in the building behind cover? Or did you want to shoot?

I want to pull for some cover and open fire onto one of the melee scum, better if they get no chance to attack us

Action:Go to cover and fire onto the melee scums

BS test - 53
BS test - 11
Damage - 5+3
You killed one of the fleeing scum with an awesome headshot. You also notice that his body gets back up and is a fucking demon now.

I have my las carbine out, right?

Metalus aims at one of the more heavily-armed scum with his las carbine.

Should be a half-action aim for a +10, no?

Indeed, good sir.

BS test - 65 whiff
You still have one glass bomb left, IIRC.

As you can tell, I'm not actually rolling on the critical tables for the scum yet. I'm still getting used to the actual shooting and such, so pretty much anytime you hit one of the scum, they die or fall down and bleed heavily.

New tactical situation! There is a demon in the alleyway east of the building you are in, and it's PISSED at Xanaros. It's 21 meters away (Making it farther away than ALL the scum, even the fleeing ones). It has a Fear 3 rating, so... You're probably going to have to buy new pants, if it doesn't accidentally TPK you all. I would recommend firing on it when it comes into view, as you've only got the door on that side to fire out of.

Next turn, when it comes into view, you have to make a Willpower test at -30 to act. Good luck with that. Oh, here's it's initiative:

6+3 = 9

He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2013, 05:32:51 pm »

((Uh.
I guess I'm just that eldritch. All the little baby horrors want to be me.
Well this went well.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41