Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52664 times)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2013, 07:49:51 pm »

Glob pull out his Stub pistol, better be ready then dead,
"Not yet, i was when i saw the Scum grouping up"
Glob swears in the emperor name under his breath for not finding an way out sooner
"They are armed with grenade launchers and other fun weapons, if we cannot find an way, we might have to fight thorugh..."
"...Dose anyone have anything explosive"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2013, 09:31:53 pm »

There is one door in and out, and it's set on the side of the hab. One moment while I draw an absolutely awful map.

http://artpad.art.com/?muflbp1llbqk

Like I said, awful. But it gives you an idea what's going on. The entrance/exit on the side is rather visible to the growing mob, and you're actually on the second level, so you'd have to go down some stairs that go off to the south, away from the mob. The hab is somewhat of a rarity in that it's not directly adjoining all the other buildings around, so you'd have a little space to maneuver in the alleyways around the building. The trick being getting down the stairs and out of sight before someone opens fire.

Also, you just realized the man gave you no way to communicate any suspicious activity to him, unless he can listen in on your Comm-beads. So. There is that tidbit of info to consider.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2013, 11:25:04 am »

Need anymore players?

Also, if someone dies, I have a folder with every possible character Homeworld/Career combination possible already rolled up and ready to go. So If anyone needs a new one, just ask.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »

Metalus looks around for anything he could use as an improvised explosive.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2013, 09:20:04 pm »

Metalus looks around for anything he could use as an improvised explosive.

With a Tech-Use success, you could turn the power cell into a small explosive. With another success, you could probably take parts from the range and refrigeration unit and make another, slightly larger bomb. The first would be resolved as a grenade with the primitive and unstable. The second is resolved as a firebomb with unstable and a slightly higher range increment. (100, 96) ... Not only did you fail to create a pair of explosives, you irreparably ruined the power cell somehow. (You can spend a fate point on those if you want, but for now, I'll have you roll to see if anything else could be made into a weapon.) (11) You realize you could make the lights into primitive frag grenades, and quickly do so. You now have two light-tubes that are rigged to explode.

Also, other people. You should, like, post actions and stuff. Evil and Burnt Pies are the only people other than HFS that have really done anything.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2013, 04:16:05 am »

I grab my shotgun out of my pack.

"We've been here for what? 10 minutes? And the mob's already forming. I think that might be a new record for me."
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2013, 06:29:04 am »

I, clad in full black bodysuit and a mask, withdraw my rifle and look for strategic locations to set up, taking care to remain as close to the center of the room as prudent.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2013, 07:35:59 am »

"That is not at all good..."
I try to use my Comm-bead and see if he can hear us, and if he dose then tell him about the scum hoard at the front for the building

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2013, 11:01:26 am »

I, clad in full black bodysuit and a mask, withdraw my rifle and look for strategic locations to set up, taking care to remain as close to the center of the room as prudent.

There is some furniture you could drag around to make some cover with.

I grab my shotgun out of my pack.

"We've been here for what? 10 minutes? And the mob's already forming. I think that might be a new record for me."

Note to self: Somehow get the players to form an angry mob in less than ten minutes in the future. Preferably AS SOON as they step onto the planet. :P

"That is not at all good..."
I try to use my Comm-bead and see if he can hear us, and if he dose then tell him about the scum hoard at the front for the building

You receive no response over your comm-bead, other than your fellow Acolytes.

If you can catch a glance out the window, you can see that the mob of scum has ever so slightly increased in size, and the new arrivals appear to be a group of gangsters armored in Arbites Carapace Armor. Their leader is conversing animatedly with a particular scum that has a floridly colored Mohawk and a tattoo of an ork skull on his neck. After a few moments of this, the well-armored gangsters go into the warehouse and do not come out.
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2013, 12:14:29 pm »

"Might I suggest one of you blockade the door?"

I drag some furniture into place at the nearest window to form a makeshift shooting position.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2013, 02:42:05 pm »

Metalus looks for some scrap metal, or other easily-repurposed metal, that could be used to construct a piece of cover superior to simply moving furniture.

If he does find it, he will construct said barricade.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2013, 02:58:12 pm »

Not really much scrap metal. There's the refrigeration unit and the range, both of which are constructed of cheap iron. Which is admittedly much better than the couch and chairs. The bars over the windows actually would provide a rather good amount of cover to you while not providing any respite to the scum (Who are in the middle of a street with no cover for many meters.), and if you blockaded the door and kept your head down, you would be in a very tactically superior position.

I'll assume you construct some cover near the windows with the range and refrigeration doors, while putting the body of the units at the door as a barricade. I'm not going to make you test for this one, as pretty much any idiot can hide behind a chunk of metal or drag a heavy appliance in front of a door. :P

Oh, the scum are splitting into two groups now. The heavier armed scum are staying in their current position, and a posse armed with shock mauls and autopistols are starting to head across the street to the stairs to the hab.
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2013, 04:07:12 pm »

How do my odds look if I start shooting?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2013, 10:13:30 pm »

There is right around thirty of them, and five(-ish, Woose still hasn't posted at all) of you, but you have the high ground, cover, and potentially the element of surprise. You are slightly outgunned, but all of you are also immeasurably more badass than a generic scumbag, even at Rank One. And some other factors you cannot be allowed knowledge of. You're chances are very good, to be honest. That said, don't do anything incredibly stupid, because this IS Dark Heresy. :P
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2013, 10:22:59 pm »

How many of them have guns? What's the state of their armor?

I may not have enough bullets for them all.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41