Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52709 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2013, 06:04:14 am »

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/dha-show.php?charnum=50209

I'm certainly up for this. Put me on the waitlist will you, old chap.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2013, 08:25:32 am »

Well, it does play to MY strengths, at the least. I'm a good writer, so it would give me time to make fancy, colorful descriptions of how awesomely that dood's head asploded. Not to mention if intrigue develops, you can just PM me secret actions and suchlike. Actually, I like this idea a lot. I suppose tell me when you are ready to start.

I am totally ready to play whenever!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2013, 11:51:29 am »

I have not yet read the rulebook (so this is probably hilariously bad character design), but I made a character I'd like to add to the waitlist if that's okay :P

Nihilius the Cleric

Never mind...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:48:03 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2013, 12:35:26 pm »

Wow, we have one of everything but a Guardsman. This is somewhat surprising to me. o.O Thankfully for the less meat-shield-y characters (Our Arbitrator has only 24 T o.O), most places you will go will have some form of recruitable meat-shield, if you have the skills and know-how to get at them. Since all the initial players are ready, I'll start us off.

You were all summoned by Inquisitorial Order to this planet, Deimos VI. A rather unremarkable hive world, no doubt beset by it's fair share of intrigue and trouble. Some of you were taken forcibly, such as Enoch Varn, the grey skinned Psyker. Others came willingly, such as the Technographer Metalus Trantor. All have been led to this place by order of the Most Holy Inquisition, a summons that cannot be denied.

You gathered in an old abandoned hab, per the orders given to you, occasionally looking out the thickly barred windows into the crowded streets below. After the initial, rather tense introductions, you all settle down to wait for the Inquisitor. Within an hour, a man comes to the hab, dressed in robes, like so many others on this world. Those of you who cannot feel the Empyrean find him somewhat repulsive, and his manner repugnant. Every word he speaks to you grates on your nerves, but you listen carefully none the less. He informs you that you will stay in this hab, and keep watch on a decaying, unused manufactorum across the street, by order of Inquisitor Morgan. You are told to watch for 'suspicious activity' and nothing more, then the man departs.

For now, you may discuss the situation and make informative skill checks about Deimos VI, the man you met, Inquisitor Morgan, or anything else you can think of that might be relevant. There isn't really any physical activity to do at the moment, you're on stakeout. If you wish to disobey the order of the Inquisitor, you can sneak out of the Hab with a Silent Move check (Basic, Agility, meaning you don't need training to attempt it, just try to roll under your Agility.) And if you can think of something else you want to do, just let me know.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2013, 12:39:57 pm »

Wait, we don't have a guardsman? Hold up, I'd like to change my sheet >_>

ETA: Call him Ishmael.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:47:08 pm by Sirus »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2013, 01:36:07 pm »

OOC: Oh, we're playing in this topic? Okay, then. PM me if you want to change the OP at any time - I'll let you select people from the waitlist as appropriate. Also, how should we post our dice rolls? As necessary, at the end of the post, let you roll them, etc.? Also, did the other characters notice the psykers being a bit...uncomfortable in the Inquisitors' presence?

When Inquisitor Morgan leaves, Metalus immediately gets to work. He looks around the hab, searching for a pict sensor that he could fix (if needed) and reposition (if needed) to keep watch on the abandoned manufactorum.

For the briefest of moments, he wonders why the Inquisitor elected to meet his acolytes here, in the hab itself, but then immediately quells the thought.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2013, 01:57:09 pm »

OOC: Yes, I see no real need to make another topic, unless you think it might get too crowded here. You can roll your own dice as necessary, I will trust in everyone's honesty, unless you all want me to roll for you. I only planned on rolling for involuntary tests, like against poison or what have you. :P You noticed that Enoch Varn went slightly greyer than normal for a moment in the person's presence, but other than that, nothing spectacular happened.

The hab is rather large, and you do indeed find a pict sensor in one room. It is only missing a power cell. There isn't much in the hab, some old musty furniture, a closet full of clothing of varying quality, a refrigeration unit holding enough basic food stuffs for your little group to eat for five days or so with some rationing. You notice (Awareness roll: 26) that there is some sort of mechanical device embedded into the lighting unit in one of the rooms. It does not appear to belong there.
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2013, 02:01:42 pm »

(OOC: So, do we have a list of who's in and the current waitlist?)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »

OOC: Oh, I must've misread something regarding the person. Disregard the "Wonder why he met us here" part.

Metalus, upon spotting the device, immediately attempts to identify it.

Awareness [or Tech-Use, but I think it's awareness]: Roll(2d10)+0:
7,4,+0
Total:11 Definitely a success, either way.

(OOC: So, do we have a list of who's in and the current waitlist?)

I'll go through the topic in a sec, and put it in the OP.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2013, 02:08:19 pm »

Check the first page. Not quite updated yet, but you'll be in there soon enough, methinks.

OOC: Oh, I must've misread something regarding the person. Disregard the "Wonder why he met us here" part.

Metalus, upon spotting the device, immediately attempts to identify it.

Awareness [or Tech-Use, but I think it's awareness]: Roll(2d10)+0:
7,4,+0
Total:11 Definitely a success, either way.

With ease, you identify the device as... Nothing of particular use. It appears to be a power cell (Score!) connected to what appears to be an aural recording device and a transmitter, but even with your basic Mechanicum training, you can tell that this was done by someone with hardly any idea at all of how to work with technology, and moreover, you strongly suspect it doesn't even work. Someone has attempted to bug the hab, but has done a rather awful job of it. (76) The bits and pieces are from everyday objects, including the pict sensor you found. You feel confident you could figure out where the rest of the components come from if you searched the hab a little more, for what that is worth.
He's fucking with us.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2013, 02:14:40 pm »

OOC: OP updated with waitlist. Also, is the pict sensor capable of being moved, or is it attached to the wall somewhere?

Metalus takes the power cell to the pict sensor, and determines where the data storage is. If he passes any of his meatshields companions, he will inform them of the attempt to bug the hab.

If the data storage is easily accessed, and the pict sensor is movable, he will [with the proper rights] move the pict sensor to observe the manufactorum, insert the power cell, and turn it on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2013, 02:39:49 pm »

The pict sensor is a hand-held device (Think a modern day camera, but with more gilded, two headed eagles). The data storage is easily accessible, to the extent that you would be surprised if any of your comrades could NOT access the pict-records within. When you disconnect the power cell from the device, you get a squeal of vox-static in your comm-bead. (Did I mention you all have comm-beads? No? Well you do, and they're preset to a private channel, so you can treat it like a fancy walkie-talkie. I neglected to mention the man giving them to you.) (Tech Use: 7) You realize that this is probably from the transmitter firing off a transmission at such close range to your comm-bead that it bled through. The contents of the transmission are a mystery, but you realize this is probably not a good thing.
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:25 pm »

The pict sensor is a hand-held device (Think a modern day camera, but with more gilded, two headed eagles). The data storage is easily accessible, to the extent that you would be surprised if any of your comrades could NOT access the pict-records within. When you disconnect the power cell from the device, you get a squeal of vox-static in your comm-bead. (Did I mention you all have comm-beads? No? Well you do, and they're preset to a private channel, so you can treat it like a fancy walkie-talkie. I neglected to mention the man giving them to you.) (Tech Use: 7) You realize that this is probably from the transmitter firing off a transmission at such close range to your comm-bead that it bled through. The contents of the transmission are a mystery, but you realize this is probably not a good thing.
Huh. Can I refund the cost of the second micro-bead I brought with me?

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2013, 03:51:43 pm »

OOC: I believe for rolling basic skills, if you don't have it, you must roll under half the relevant stat - and you can't do so at all with advanced skills. I'm probably wrong, though.

Metalus mentally curses, how foolish he was for not placating the machine spirit before taking the power cell. He would be more vigilant next time.

He then informs the others of the device in question - and how it is likely that whoever set it up knows it is now disconnected, then sets up the pict sensor.

"There was a recording device hidden in one of the rooms. It was poorly made, but sent off a transmission when I disconnected it.

I doubt that the one who met us here is who he claims to be."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41