Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully  (Read 71158 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Ebolastone watch: Possible international outbreak
« Reply #405 on: October 03, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »

killing people with a guillotine would be stupid for several reasons including the fact that it spreads by FLUIDS. its not going to kill everyone it spreads slowly and kills to fast it would wipe itself out.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 03, 2014, 04:47:42 pm »

So from what I'm seeing the doctors and nurses acted like kids during a fire in the school.  They had their fire drill a week earlier and then started laughing when the fire alarms went off the next week, only to be ushered out about 10 minutes later when the principal came out over the speakers and told them to get their asses out of the buildings. 

It takes a while for people to realize it's not just fun and games and people droning all the time.  That and I'm pretty sure most of our medical facilities are still selling snake oil.  I can tell you though that they'll probably crack down on it if any of those kids or anybody else shows up with symptoms, and if all else fails I'm almost positive the CDC will show up since it's on American soil.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:50:04 pm by Karkov »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 03, 2014, 06:21:05 pm »

Well thank God I got out of the health care business. I no longer have an ethical obligation to not flee the premises at the announcement of "Ebola is here".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 03, 2014, 06:26:16 pm »

From what I heard, only 18 people were actually exposed. They have the family under armed guard.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 03, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »

18 people exposed is 18 people too many.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 03, 2014, 07:09:47 pm »

If anyone here lives in Texas, just... shoot yourself. Just do it. It'll save you the inevitable pain when they start to guillotine people without Ebola to stop it from spreading to uninfected people.
That's kind of counterproductive.

Kill yourself so you don't get killed when people start killing people who aren't infected to stop people from getting infected? Lolwut?
This is a state that just went and gave someone from LIBERIA antibiotics after they had 'flu/bola-like symptoms and didn't clean up their infected vomit for a few days.

I'd not put it past them to kill the uninfected to save them from infection.
You realize just how large Texas is, right?  I mean it's like one dude in Paris goes to see a local physician who mistakes it for the flu or something.  Suddenly you want them to purge the entirety of France.

I'm pretty sure that the Doctor's first thought wasn't "Man, I wonder if this guy has gone to any third world countries recently."

I will admit that I have no idea what in the hell the quarantine team was doing, that was pants on head retarded.
I'd be down with purging all of France. North-Rhine - Westphalia could finally annex what's left, and my student's ticket would allow me to take a train right down to Marseille.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 03, 2014, 07:58:04 pm »

Okay, now there is word that three elementary students may have had contact with one of those who are quarrantined. Now those people who were in contact with those kids will have to be quarrantined and the people who were in contact with those maybe, and I don't know how many levels of quarrantine precaution.

In any case, this whole thing was severely bungled.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 03, 2014, 08:07:34 pm »

Wait, people were doing dumb stuff when they shouldn't have been doing the dumb stuff?

I swear to the flying spaghetti monster these people are going to start standing right back up, hungry for ebola-less people, any day now.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #413 on: October 03, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »

1: Close Texas borders
2: Wait a while
3: ???
4: Profit
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 03, 2014, 08:31:33 pm »

1: Close Texas borders
Pretty sure that we haven't been able to keep even one of those locked down, much less all of them.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 03, 2014, 08:36:34 pm »

Quarantine the city?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 04, 2014, 04:52:05 pm »

I suppose I might as well watch this, given that I'm in Texas, and only ~half an hour from Dallas at that.

help
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 04, 2014, 04:55:03 pm »

Don't die.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 04, 2014, 05:27:48 pm »

There's a possibility that there's a case in New Jersey right now but I cant find a news link.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 04, 2014, 05:52:25 pm »

I'd be down with purging all of France. North-Rhine - Westphalia could finally annex what's left, and my student's ticket would allow me to take a train right down to Marseille.
I'm pretty sure you can already do that. I mean, there's pretty awesome stuff we have for train as EU students.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48