Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Amazing Outcasts! (Amazing Superheroes Waitlist Thread)  (Read 15196 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Outcasts! (Amazing Superheroes Waitlist Thread)
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2013, 04:50:32 am »

Complain that youngsters are too rude these days, continue impatiently waiting for traffic to un-jam
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2013, 04:08:09 pm »

Wake up
(5-1) Sidereal wakes up to see a passerby treating her injuries. She hurts from where the crystals have penetrated the skin.

Escape traffic jam. Reach golem.
(6) Colin suddenly gets road rage, and starts driving crazily through the traffic, before escaping the traffic jam and arriving at his destination. Behind him, a police siren is heard.

Can I see through my duplicates? If so, have them continue to protect Novus.

Create as many duplicates as I can in one round and have them attack the crystal monster!

Have the real me go over to Sidereal and help resuscitate.

(2) Jaeger Vaulk begins running towards Sidereal, but then notices the crystal mutant charging at him. (4 vs. 3) Jaeger Vaulk manages to jump aside at the last possible moment.

"Good to have heroic individuals in this town, oh yes."

Now that we are alone, practice conjuring magic. What does it do?
Novus thanks the duplicates, (4) who smile, before heading off to look for Jaeger Vaulk. Meanwhile Novus decides to start conjuring magic. Novus snaps his fingers, causing a jet of purple flame to appear mid-air.

Complain that youngsters are too rude these days, continue impatiently waiting for traffic to un-jam
Joseph watches as Colin uses unorthodox methods to get out of the traffic jam.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 05:22:26 pm »

"HELP, HELP OFFICER, HE KIDNAPPED ME AND WAS VERY RUDE. ALSO HE DROVE FASTER THEN THE 3 MILES PER HOUR I AM COMFORTABLE WITH. ITS JUST LIKE THAT TIME"
DISTRACT OFFICER WITH INSANE OLD MAN STORY, USE DUPLICATE MADE IN CAR TO SNEAK GWG OUT OF THE WAY AND TO THE MUTANT

Indeed, I do this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 05:33:32 pm »

Edit the golem tings memory, so that it thinks it was going shoppiing
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 05:41:47 pm »

Make a bunch of duplicates, and have them attack if this action fails.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2013, 08:04:06 pm »

Pull over, explain situation to officer in a way that makes me sound like a reasonable, law-abiding wannabe superhero and not a complete maniac.

Heartily avoid bopping the old man on the head.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2013, 11:28:56 am »

Pull over, explain situation to officer in a way that makes me sound like a reasonable, law-abiding wannabe superhero and not a complete maniac.

MY IDEAS BETTER :P

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 11:34:56 am »

Purple flames? Hm. Can I summon... green flames? Or pink swirls? Or gray foggy thingies that I am not entirely informed about?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »

"HELP, HELP OFFICER, HE KIDNAPPED ME AND WAS VERY RUDE. ALSO HE DROVE FASTER THEN THE 3 MILES PER HOUR I AM COMFORTABLE WITH. ITS JUST LIKE THAT TIME"
DISTRACT OFFICER WITH INSANE OLD MAN STORY, USE DUPLICATE MADE IN CAR TO SNEAK GWG OUT OF THE WAY AND TO THE MUTANT

(2 vs. 2) Colin hits the lock button to stop Joseph from enacting his plan to distract the officer, and then Joseph grabs Colin's foot to prevent him from pulling over to explain to the officer. (2) With neither the accelerator or the brake being pressed down, the car slowly decelerates and comes to a stop nearby the crystal mutant. (1) Behind them the siren suddenly cuts out as a loud crash, followed by an explosion is heard.

(1) The mutant now believes that attacking superheroes is known as shopping. It wishes to shop some more and charges at you,

Make a bunch of duplicates, and have them attack if this action fails.
but then Jaeger Vaulk's duplicates attack. (4 vs. 2) The duplicates pile on to the mutant, aiming to bring it down through sheer numbers. (1 vs. 3) The mutant tries to fight back, but is slowly overwhelmed by the group of well-dressed street magicians.

Purple flames? Hm. Can I summon... green flames? Or pink swirls? Or gray foggy thingies that I am not entirely informed about?
Novus tries summoning other magic things (3) he summons green flames for a second, then they vanish. (6) Then he creates giant pink swirls that cover the entire alleyway. Finally, he attempts to create grey fog, (1) but it backfires and creates an explosion that knocks him unconscious.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 04:43:59 pm »

Order my Dupes to smack the flipping tar out of it! Have the real me lead the others to safety!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 05:00:18 pm »

Turn to GWG and say "Your fault" then get out of the car and punch at the mutant, increasing mass after my fist is in motion for a SUPA PUNCH.

((The way this works is based on the idea in physics that something with more mass is harder to accelerate or decelerate, thus one reason why a Tanker Truck can reliably plow through a tiny Prius. The reason I increase mass AFTER my punch is that, like I said, mass also makes it harder to accelerate things, so it would be incredibly hard to throw a punch after I massed up, but by starting the motion beforehand I get speed AND mass in my punch, thus effectively hitting like a goddamn truck. Plus all the force is in one small area.

I imagine I can also use the mass thing to become practically invincible, but much less mobile. Kind of a extreme version of blocking. Not doing that right this second though.
And while Joseph probably doesn't understand the physics behind this, he has had a LONG time to figure out the best way to use those powers.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:51:54 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 06:32:15 pm »

(2 vs. 2) Colin hits the lock button to stop Joseph from enacting his plan to distract the officer, and then Joseph grabs Colin's foot to prevent him from pulling over to explain to the officer. (2) With neither the accelerator or the brake being pressed down, the car slowly decelerates and comes to a stop nearby the crystal mutant. (1) Behind them the siren suddenly cuts out as a loud crash, followed by an explosion is heard.
Kick Joe to make him let go of me. Rebuke him.
"Idiot. Do you realize you could have gotten us killed? Now let's get out."
Exit vehicle. If Joe does not also leave, drag him out. Once both of us are out, lock the doors of the car and investigate the crashing explosion.

Turn to GWG and say "Your fault"
"You're the one who prevented me from being able to control the vehicle. How is it my fault? Is it because I didn't knock you unconscious when you got into my car?"
Begin mentally planning a device to knock Joe out for future car trips.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2013, 07:27:54 pm »

Begin mentally planning a device to knock Joe out for future car trips.
((Something to knock out a old guy? I um....I was going to make some joke about something that puts old people to sleep easily but for some reason my mind totally blanked on that. So instead you just get me saying "I was going to make a joke, it would have been so funny. Ha. Ha."))

Indeed, I do this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2013, 08:43:35 pm »

Turn into rock, try not to get hit
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2013, 07:15:48 am »

Wake up, I guess?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9