Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Amazing Outcasts! (Amazing Superheroes Waitlist Thread)  (Read 15141 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Amazing Outcasts! (Amazing Superheroes Waitlist Thread)
« on: September 28, 2013, 11:00:22 pm »

You woke up the next day to find out that you'd been rejected from the Amazing Superheroes and waitlisted in favor of a Commie, a vigilante who believes the government is corrupt, a former terrorist cell member, and the mascot of a major corporation. What do you do?

Wondering what's going on? Read here.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Outcasts! (Amazing Superheroes Waitlist Thread)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 01:12:14 am »

Go find a comet to name so I can overshadow them
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:25:26 am »

Well, let's see.

I'm a street magician who can make duplicates of himself.

I guess I'll go put on the best magic show in the history of ever!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 02:15:14 am »

Go to gym out of costume. Try sparring with someone and testing out how exactly the skill duplication works.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 04:08:45 am »

Find other rejected heroes who are inevitably whippersnappers. Tell them we absolutely have to fight crime better then those other guys.
Make Country Kitchen Buffet our home base. Also obtain carpool to Country Kitchen Buffet.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 04:10:37 am »

Find other rejected heroes who are inevitably whippersnappers. Tell them we absolutely have to fight crime better then those other guys.
Make Country Kitchen Buffet our home base. Also obtain carpool to Country Kitchen Buffet.

Drive him, AFTER subjecting him to a an information overload about the stars in closest proximity to Sol, agree that we have to show the other people up, but suggest we use my observatory as a base instead, it's more private
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:12:31 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 08:50:54 am »

Drive him, AFTER subjecting him to a an information overload about the stars in closest proximity to Sol, agree that we have to show the other people up, but suggest we use my observatory as a base instead, it's more private
Agree with this idea.

Once at base, locate an unused room and convert it into a workshop.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 09:57:41 am »

Agree with this idea.

Grumble about not using CKB as base, then spend the entire drive telling Mr. Star Dude about "THAT ONE SORCERER WHAT CAME AROUND 78 YEARS AGO AND COULD USE STARLIGHT TO BURN PEOPLE USING HIS MAGIC STAFF. EXCEPT WE DIDN'T CALL THEM SORCERERS BACK THEN. WE CALLED EM NORMANS. AND THEY WEREN'T CALLED MAGIC STAVES, BUT WERE INSTEAD CALLED WILLY WHISTLES.
SO THIS NORMAN CAME ON TO THE SEEN WITH HIS WILLY WHISTLE AND STARTED GIVIN E'RYBODY A NASTY PIECE O DAT DERE SUNBURN. NOW THIS WAS BEFORE YOUR TIME I UNDERSTAND, CUZ WE DID'N HAVE THAT THERE TWEELER OR DAT THERE LACEHOOK. SO THE ONLY WAY WE NEW BOUT THIS WAS WE READ IT IN THAT THERE NEWSPAPER. CEPT IT WURNT CALLED A NEWSPAPER BACK THEN. WE CALLED IT A SHAKEMANS SALAD.
SO ONE DAY I WAS READIN MY SHAKEMANS SALAD AND WHADAYA KNOW BUT THERE WAS A DAMN GUM NORMAN GIVIN PEOPLE IS SUNTAN WITH HIS DAMN GUM WILLY WHISTLE.
FIXED IM UP RIGHT. PUNCHED THAT NORMANS FACE IN. PUNCHED ALOT OF GUYS FACE IN. Y'KNOW IF'N I HAD STUCK TO ONE NAME THROUGHOUT MAH CAREER I MIGHTA GOTTEN REAL FAMOUS. FOR STOPPIN NORMANS WITH THERE WILLY WHISTLES. BY PUNCHIN DERE FACE IN RIGHT QUICK."

((Note to Wolfchild: Old people are the absolute authority on information overload. They are also deaf enough they can't hear you interrupt them, and also deaf enough that they yell everything they say. Yeah. Probably should remember that, keep it written down somewhere.))
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:01:00 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 10:25:43 am »

Once I get my workshop set up, invent some sort of device to muffle the old guy's voice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 10:59:54 am »

Go find a comet to name so I can overshadow them
(5) Jenny turns her attentions to the sky when she receives her rejection letter, and discovers a new dwarf planet and the astronomers union names it Copern after her.

Well, let's see.

I'm a street magician who can make duplicates of himself.

I guess I'll go put on the best magic show in the history of ever!
Cromwell decides to perform some street magic using duplicates of himself. (1) As soon as he makes the first duplicate, everyone freaks out and runs away.

Go to gym out of costume. Try sparring with someone and testing out how exactly the skill duplication works.
Novus heads to the gym! (2) It turns out that everyone in the place is doing mundane things, like weightlifting, and no sparring.

(4) Joseph searches and finds Colin and Jenny, and they decide to form a competing superhero team to the Amazing Superheroes.

Agree with this idea.

Grumble about not using CKB as base, then spend the entire drive having an extremely long rant

After an argument over where to have a base that turns into Joseph and Jenny trying info-overload each other, (4) Colin and Jenny get Joseph to go with the choice of the observatory as their base. Not that stops his complaining.

Colin (2) attempts to create a workshop in a disused room, but finds he has no tools or equipment for the job here.

(Question: Are you going to stick with your jobs or quit them for full-time superheroics?)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 11:12:53 am »

IM NOT GOING BACK TO THAT HOME!

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 11:16:01 am »

Hm. Look for people doing something that requires skill, try to covertly copy it.

Also, don't quit your job.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 11:21:35 am »

Don't quit job (yet, at least).

Obtain all tools and such which would be needed for a workshop. Computers, welding stuff, Bohemian earspoons, etc.
Sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 04:11:47 pm »

Don't quit job, besides my job is our base

Go out and buy a few TVs, set them all to different 24/7 breaking news channes, so we can use them to find crime to fight

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 04:13:44 pm »

((I like how the rejects are getting on the whole "hero" ball even faster then the people who got accepted :P))

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9