Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41089 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

So... Whats my heart throb like?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

So... Whats my heart throb like?

Annoying...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scratchy voice: was I joking?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

15th of Hemetite, 134: A third son
My wife gave birth to yet another son today. Hes bald and fat, but is still my son. Although I don't know why him and my secondborn are fat when I'm very muscular and shes very thin. Perhaps they will become stronger with their size when they grow up. They will be great warriors when they grow up nonetheless.

The colleseum is almost complete. The expedition leader said there were traps to be placed and doors to be placed. And lots of cages and mechanics. Oh boy...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

My wife gave birth to yet another son today. Hes bald and fat, but is still my son. Although I don't know why him and my secondborn are fat when I'm very muscular and shes very thin. Perhaps they will become stronger with their size when they grow up. They will be great warriors when they grow up nonetheless.

The colleseum is almost complete. The expedition leader said there were traps to be placed and doors to be placed. And lots of cages and mechanics. Oh boy...

Hm, possibly the bureaucrat of the burgeoning fort.  Also, the genetics behind Dorf Fort are rather shallow at best, and fat is actually a pretty cool thing for a fighter to have.  Adds extra protection and padding, "cutting the fat," but not taking any real damage.  On another note, you can still bleed out if too much fat is cut.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, possibly the bureaucrat of the burgeoning fort.  Also, the genetics behind Dorf Fort are rather shallow at best, and fat is actually a pretty cool thing for a fighter to have.  Adds extra protection and padding, "cutting the fat," but not taking any real damage.  On another note, you can still bleed out if too much fat is cut.

I'm thinking of giving him a mace and calling him Bombur. Hes a fat dwarf, right? Or did Bombur use a hammer? The book doesn't specify so I'm going off the movie which I only saw once

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bombur: Hammer.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

I think that I quite like my statues, with being elected and everything else. Can't wait for some more bloody achievements to be recorded in stone and metal.

Also, about colliseum - I don't think me or Pot Chucker will gain much experience from slaughter. We're too efficient. So, it would be better to use gobbos and predators for less skilled warriors (but not newbies, of course)

My congratulations to my sparring partner! May he return from his wife sooner or later, I miss him at training sessions. I think it is great idea to give your children hammers. They will be great warriors someday, fracturing Jotun skulls in every direction.

As for genetics, I think only height and coloration are somewhat dependant. If mother is tall and father - short, sons tend to be shorter than daughters. But it is not guaranteed.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We got engravings of us slaughtering goblins and kobalds, but no glorious battles of ours are listed... Then again, we don't have and major battles yet recorded. So were at 18 strong now, 4 children. And also, Chucker isn't married yet, they're still "lover" status. Hopefully it will change soon (also noticed both marriages in winter; got a good feeling the next one will happen then too, if not early spring).

And I'm nick among the Thirdborn Bombur and he's going to use a hammer and he's gonna love to eat ;D

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We got engravings of us slaughtering goblins and kobalds, but no glorious battles of ours are listed... Then again, we don't have and major battles yet recorded. So were at 18 strong now, 4 children. And also, Chucker isn't married yet, they're still "lover" status. Hopefully it will change soon (also noticed both marriages in winter; got a good feeling the next one will happen then too, if not early spring).

And I'm nick among the Thirdborn Bombur and he's going to use a hammer and he's gonna love to eat ;D

Uh, we have major battles, they're just all of us getting our collective asses kicked by Jotuns.  There were only about 170~ dwarves around when war was waged by the Jotuns, and our kill-count was about 1 for 1.  Although none of the Jotuns we ended up killing were named, so they didn't count on our kill list for any of our dwarves actually.  If you looked at the kill list in the legends viewer, our gods are above our civ's dorfs.  Our dorfs however, Sarrak was number 7ish for most named kills in the world?  You were beaten out by a couple of megabeasts if I remember right.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant here, at the outpost. And I plan to make Sarrak the greatest soldier that ever lived. she's like the Achilles of our outpost. If she can kill a dragon, she'll become Siegfried (which is better)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant here, at the outpost. And I plan to make Sarrak the greatest soldier that ever lived. she's like the Achilles of our outpost. If she can kill a dragon, she'll become Siegfried (which is better)

Oh. That makes much more sense.  Carry on.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is your Second son claimed, or could i take him on as my Namesake?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is your Second son claimed, or could i take him on as my Namesake?

Third son is Bombur, my secondborn can be your namesake.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome, ill take him.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

26th of Slate, 135: A rabbit's wedding
Pot Chucker and the woodcutter were married today. There was great partying and drinking amongst us all. I even got in a drinking contest against Karkov to show off to our kids. It ended in a tie because we stopped when Chucker gave a speech probably about how happy he was. It was long and very heartfelt... Or at least I think it was. All he did was make nibbling and chewing noises like rabbits do for a good half hour. When he was done, my secondborn, Fishybang, just grinned and started clapping. Everyone else joined in, confused as ever. I asked him afterwards if he had any idea what he was saying and he just looked up at me and smiled, "I had no idea what he was saying, I was clapping because I found it amazing how one could talk like that for so long". I laughed heartily with him as I got him and Timelessbob a drink of some longland beer. My thirdborn, Bombur, seems to love eating, and has been munching away almost the entire party. I laughed a little to know he would be able to feast well at such a young age. We also have some steel gear now, which I've already grown attached to. Sarrak seemed pleased to return to the basic routine of combat practice. Splint and I have been training religiously over the time they were gone doing "mingling" and hauling. We almost have skills to rival that of Sarrak and Chucker. I can only hope Chucker's children become just as great warriors as himself (although I hope they're more sane and less "rabbity").

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32