Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40990 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

23rd Felsite, 131: Realizations and Ambushes
I stood outside near the moat today, with the realization that we've been here for five years now. Happy fifth birthday you bastard outpost... You got a lot to make up for. I then heard shouting from a woodcutter and saw goblins on the ridge. I ran towards the shouting first and saw the woodcutter ran off. Chucker and the axe lord chased the goblins, and before splint and I got there, they slaughtered the goblins within seconds. Only casualty was ANOTHER of the expedition leader's cats.... I'm starting to wonder how many cats she has... No wounds on dwarves though, thankfully. I'm thinking about getting some extra walls placed near our base for protection and having a peasant militia, all armed with crossbows and bows. That will be the purpose of the new barracks; all of our people will become archers and we will learn to protect ourselves. And if what I'm guessing my wife has been hinting at, we may have to protect our lands for the next generation of dwarves...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

25th of Felsite, 131: Deja Vu? And disaster!
Another ambush, same woodcutter gets chased and almost gets killed until splint and I arrive, and then a kitten, under the ownership of the expedition leader, died again. Goblins slaughtered, but VERY close call... Wait, whos that lying on the field? Oh no... Its the woodcutter... Her leg is cut open pretty badly, and she can't move. I ordered the presser to become the chief medical dwarf for the purposes of this. We had a rough hospital built and stocked quickly. Unfortunately, its located in the room with all the coffins... Cheery thought... I hope the woodcutter pulls through, the wound looks deep...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

I stood outside near the moat today, with the realization that we've been here for five years now. Happy fifth birthday you bastard outpost... You got a lot to make up for. I then heard shouting from a woodcutter and saw goblins on the ridge. I ran towards the shouting first and saw the woodcutter ran off. Chucker and the axe lord chased the goblins, and before splint and I got there, they slaughtered the goblins within seconds. Only casualty was ANOTHER of the expedition leader's cats.... I'm starting to wonder how many cats she has... No wounds on dwarves though, thankfully. I'm thinking about getting some extra walls placed near our base for protection and having a peasant militia, all armed with crossbows and bows. That will be the purpose of the new barracks; all of our people will become archers and we will learn to protect ourselves. And if what I'm guessing my wife has been hinting at, we may have to protect our lands for the next generation of dwarves...

Wow, didn't realize that you've already gone through five years of this, good job man.  Five years with no deaths and so far only one injury, not sure how that came out, you're doing great.  Although a moat that freezes sounds like a rather scary idea, especially since we live in a tundra.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

We could just have a dry ditch.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, didn't realize that you've already gone through five years of this, good job man.  Five years with no deaths and so far only one injury, not sure how that came out, you're doing great.  Although a moat that freezes sounds like a rather scary idea, especially since we live in a tundra.

Im gonna probably floor it off, too scary, and didn't think it through enough. And two deaths; the miner and a woodworker. Gonna post a few updates and get some sleep, got sick last night and didn't sleep one bit. Pray to armok that urist mcwoodcutter makes it out alive...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

23rd of Malachite, 131: Another loss
Another dwarf died today... And why? Her pride kept her from moving. She wouldn't allow anyone to bring her to the hospital, and she refused any aid. She couldn't walk and she couldn't stand, so she sat there, not moving an inch. She died from dehydration, and I weep that pride killed one of us. We held a burial for her and we all fell silent; ashamed at ourselves for not aiding our sister. My wife and I mourn a little more then some, for we were friends of the woodcutter. We're fifteen strong now, and death creeps so close to us... I pray that we all make it through...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we self-sufficient in food and sutch on the inside? Do we have need to continue venturing out?
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we self-sufficient in food and sutch on the inside? Do we have need to continue venturing out?

If we're attacked by jotunn, our only issue is the lack of fuel for our forges... Which will be fixed soon. Our only other issue is also the opening in the ceiling of the new barracks (which still isn't finished because we don't have enough masons).

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Sealing time.
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Sealing time.

Not yet. I want that damn ceiling finished. When I seal, I SEAL. It'll be like the vaults in fallout :P

5th of Galena, 131: More Mingling and Luck!
Well, things are going well despite the lesser manpower. To try and cheer everyone up, the gemcutter went and announced the second "mingling" session. Everyone is more accepting of it now, although I don't care of it anymore since I went through it successfully now. They were chosen at random again, and no soldiers were picked again. Cmega and the presser/CMD were picked again (who knew?) and the mason and Karkov ((OOC: Because you asked)). So we're hoping for another couple to leave out married. Everyone was happy for those chosen, but then came the idea of sealing the fortress away. Goblins have taken too many lives, and we must live on somehow. Some agreed but much protest. Then a solution was stated: we patch up the hole above what was SUPPOSED to be the barracks and we then hide away from the world for as long as we can. We might be down here for a few generations until we rise from the deep slumber of the earth, but we will have an army. I just wish I have a child who will see the sun before we're locked underground. Many have been sent to masonry duty for the sole purpose of this now. If it is a son, I will train him to become a great warrior to take back the surface. If it is a daughter, she will be taught the art of forging, as what my wife and I agreed on. I just hope this all works out soon... We're trapped here until we're a great and powerful nation. We will become the new mountainhomes. But our only problem is dealing with the elements in the depths now... I doubt we can deal with another forgotten beast. I stand by the outside gates and I realize; how many times do I just stand here and think? I never noticed... But once the sealing happens, I will think here no more. I pray that I live to see the day we retake the surface, old but still strong to fight. I may even appease the gods of war with my bravery in my old age. But that's long off from now, when my children will have children. Today, we prepare. Soon, we will learn what it truly means to be shut out from the world...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

15th of Limestong, 131: More Cats, Plans, and Progress
I swear to armok gemcutter, if you adopt ONE MORE CAT, I'm drowning them all on the airlock bridge! Speaking of airlock, we had an idea come up where the bridge is surrounded by walls to prevent us from wandering on the ice if the thawing takes place before we hide away. Also, it can be used to tunnel the enemy up to the gate if they come that way as we fire at them from the barracks. Genius, eh? Anyway, the roof has finally seen progress and after YEARS of construction, its about 2/3s completed. This will work great once we finish it, with a brand new barracks and archery range. And wolf training grounds there too? Perfect... Now if only we can stop catching animals in cages... I swear, we catch more then three butcher shops can handle AT THEIR PEAK. I cannot even describe how infuriating it is to have to butcher every animal that sets off a trap.

Also, my wife has told me that the "mingling" is going VERY slowly... Since they all aren't very well aquainted with eachother, they have to build up that firnedship... Which is taking much time. I hope it gets finished quickly... We need Cmega back to start with his mechanics again

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

28th of Sandstone, 131: Knew it was Too Quiet...
We've had months of constant building and not a even a thief showed up. Everyone is busy too (even Karkov who is now the only male left in the "mingling" session since Cmega has to fix the bridges again. The "airlock" has been completed, and the roof will be finished soon. And all was quiet and peaceful until this bastard shows up:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fire breathing fleas? I wonder what armok was thinking when he created these monsters... An exoskeleton of CHARCOAL!? Really? Our precautions have helped a lot with this though, so we should be able to not worry about this thing at all.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Could you show me my dorf's Thoughts and Preferences tab, I'd really appreciate that!  ;D

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Charcoal is the color. Pprobably knew that though. But god dam. A warty gray exoskeleton? I didn't think fleas could get uglier.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Properly harnessed, you'll have a garbage pit incinerator for all the other forts to oooh and aaaw at.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32