Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167774 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Attention Waitlisters!
« Reply #1680 on: December 03, 2013, 01:28:06 am »

"About tomorrow, even if there isn't a villain attack, your other personality could still make things troublesome.  If there is a problem and she does come out, or if she breaks out anyway, I want to know what her price is for behaving herself."

((Waiting for me to post about what?))
((What Steven has done for the past few days, and his intentions with regards to tomorrows ceremony to induct a large number of new protectorate members.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 03, 2013, 01:34:22 am »

Selina closes her eyes and then snaps them open again, visibly paling.

"...o-o-o-o-one c-c-c-cut... fr-fr-fr-fr-from y-y-y-you... i-i-i-i-if sh-sh-she c-c-c-comes out..." Selina is shaking, trying not to freak out. Not!Selina was going to behave in the hope of more deals, and was always looking for ways to mess with people within those bounds.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 03, 2013, 01:42:23 am »

((Waiting for me to post about what?))
((What Steven has done for the past few days, and his intentions with regards to tomorrows ceremony to induct a large number of new protectorate members.))
((Oh he wandered off into the city after the fight, he doesnt even know about it.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 03, 2013, 01:47:20 am »

"From me?"  Elena had expected, should such deals continue, that this was eventually going to be put on the table, so soon however was a surprise.  She quickly settles her face to a more neutral expression, "I could do it," and she could, "but it's you who's paying the price Selina, could you forgive me if I said yes and, if you failed to contain her, did it?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 03, 2013, 01:54:31 am »

Selina gulps, shaking even more violently. She manages a slow nod, clearly still experiecing shock froom the revelation in the first place!
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 03, 2013, 02:06:50 am »

((i gotta go to bed now. night!))
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 03, 2013, 02:25:22 am »

Elena bites her lip in consternation, "That was a question that I had hoped you would spend a bit more time thinking about.  Maybe bargain a little, and pay attention to exactly how she phrases things.  The way that you said it seems like she had no limitation on how long or deep or where the cut was going to be.  The rules need to be clearly defined."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 03, 2013, 09:01:04 am »

"O-oh... I..." Selina looks down in worry. She wasn't good at this was she. She closed her eyes again and opened them, skin paler still, and shaking.

"...f-f-f-f-five i-i-inches l-l-l-l-long... a-a-atleast... a-a-a-a-and... q-q-quarter inch.... d-d-d-d-d-deep a-atleast..." Selina gulps, the description putting her t just about the point to drop down, curl up, and cry for a bit.
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 03, 2013, 10:46:58 am »

Elena sneers a bit, but chooses a softer approach than what her gut reaction told her to take.  "It'll be alright, especially if you keep her down.  You were introduced to terrible things at far too young an age, and I'm guessing that it didn't last long enough for you to develop any skill at bargaining with the crazies.  So... Selina, how about a bet?  Is there anything that you would want, from me or from her, as a prize for keeping her down?"  Elena had played this game with her family, they would always cheat, but she doubted, given the crazy one's choice of rewards, that not-Selina had the creativity to plot things out that far.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 03, 2013, 11:01:13 am »

"...I just want to feel safe..." Selina is very quiet now, fighting back tears it seems and trying to keep everything bottled up. She had always done this out there, when things got really bad, when she felt she couldn't go on. She always tried and tried, but it would always come out later. More hours of lost sleep, more nightmares... she just had to make it to the next day, thats all she could do.
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 03, 2013, 11:29:54 am »

That didn't sound like a gambler upping the ante.  Elena hops off of the bed and kneels by Selina's stool, "I can do that, you know.  It'll be fake and only last for a couple minutes tops without me refreshing it, but it'll feel right, and give you a feeling to work towards.  How badly do you want this?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 03, 2013, 12:22:16 pm »

Selina stared in horror at what Elena just said, backing away in fear! Was she offering her drugs!? A way to cope like all those promises on the street!? She had stayed far away from that, seeing the end affects and even getting attacked by a couple people needing drug money! And Elena was trying to get her into them!?
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 03, 2013, 01:14:10 pm »

"Nonono... Selina, please." Elena is visibly hurt by Selina's reaction, "I wasn't suggesting using my power to control you. Just to make you feel safe.  J... just forget that I said anything."  So, she was just like everyone else. No matter how hard Elena worked, or how good she was, there was always that fear.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:11 pm »

"...y-y-y-y-y-your p-p-p-power...? n-n-n-n-not... dr-dr-dr-drugs...?" Selina is ghostly pale, but is trying to calm down. Had she misunderstood the first time?
[/quote]

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 03, 2013, 01:21:50 pm »

After a few hours of rather extensive training and experimenting, Abel was back in his apartment, staring contemplatively out the window.

"Analysis paralysis. Perhaps an overused turn of phrase, but I think it's apt. There's so many options… so many things I could do with this, and yet I find myself unable to decide, to choose how I want to proceed.", he mused. "Regardless, there's no hurry. I think I'll attend the induction ceremony coming up, perhaps glimpsing the future of the protectorate might give me a clue on how to dictate my own…"

With that in mind, Abel began preparations for the ceremony… not to join in, or to crash it, but merely to watch and observe, as an ordinary civilian.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 137