Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167827 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Fate Tempted
« Reply #1395 on: November 04, 2013, 11:44:43 am »

"Delphinium, Delphinium.  Team Hippocrates."  Her first Terror battle, there had been others in other parts of the world, but Wards weren't exactly expected to go if their power wasn't really suited for it.  She was absolutely terrified, but that didn't stop her from thinking.  She glanced over at Seli... no, Kinetics now.  Judging by her diary, she had apparently gone 42 days without a breakout prior to her surrender to the PRT.  Was the act of making Selina stronger actually giving Kinetics more control?  Delphinium was confused, should they continue trying to get rid of the other half or would it be more healthy to cut a balance between the two?  It didn't matter now she supposed. This was not the time to be worrying about her mental health.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 04, 2013, 11:55:45 am »

"Delphinium, Delphinium.  Team Hippocrates."
((Hippocrates is intended for those who have actual healing abilities. Mind if I ask how you intend to help with yours? At the moment, the only option that comes to mind echoes a Red versus Blue quote.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 04, 2013, 12:01:53 pm »

((I knew I forgot something.))

"Almost forgot! Any Master or similar cape with expendable or highly durable minions, you are on Team Zerg and will be directing these minions to attack Naga!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 04, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »

((Using emotional manipulation, i would be able to slow bloodpresure and give comfort to the injured and dying. Otherwise, i will be completely useless for this battle, unless you expect me to be able to scare away a Terror or make it regret destroying cities.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 04, 2013, 12:08:06 pm »

"What kind of tinker hungry organisation doesnt stock liquid nitrogen... i mean seriously..."

With a disgusted snort steven turns away from slither and walks over to the closest wall and slides his arm into it before abandoning it and collecting a new one from the wall, he then drags that arm into the original and abandons it before repeating the process until there is no longer any wall within reach to collect.

((Logically speaking this will work, by abandoning matter inside the decoy arm i multiply its original density by the number of repetitions up until there isnt any space left or i run out of cement (likely the latter if i only use whats in reach) and once i run out of wall i can use my power to absorb all the matter within it.
Of course if i ever want to phase through something again id have to abandon most if not all if it due to the fact i cant fit that much sheer mass through the gaps in an atomic structure with any real speed and i doubt id be able to shunt more than the original density's worth of it into my pocket dimension.
Still it would be a useful trick to have in this fight, and it opens steven up for self improvement discussions with kevin.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 04, 2013, 12:19:22 pm »

"Thalsian, red herring." Thalsian tested the armband to see if it would fail. When it did he shrugged.
"Thalsian, Thalsian"

He had to think about the team he would join.
Hypothetically he could significantly increase the size of team phalanx by giving out power immunity. He couldn't go into team phalanx himself because power immunity takes up so much room that he pretty much becomes useless once he gets close. regular human punches or weak laser swords arn't going to cut it against naga. He wasn't a flying or ranged cape so it was easy to eliminate archer or dragoon as possible teams. So that leaves Bastion, Evac, and that last one. The hippo team. He'll try out all three and decide which team in practice he is more effective in starting with Bastion.

"Join team Bastion."
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 04, 2013, 01:32:05 pm »

"Thalsian, red herring." Thalsian tested the armband to see if it would fail. When it did he shrugged.
"Names do not match. Please repeat more clearly."
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1402 on: November 04, 2013, 01:32:27 pm »

((Using emotional manipulation, i would be able to slow bloodpresure and give comfort to the injured and dying. Otherwise, i will be completely useless for this battle, unless you expect me to be able to scare away a Terror or make it regret destroying cities.))
((You could encourage people to fight instead of running away. To cooperate better. To not feel angry at others for past wrongs or try to get revenge for them. Or you could encourage civilians to run instead of trying to be heroic stupid or looking at the terror like a deer looks at headlights.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 04, 2013, 01:42:03 pm »

((Hm. Touche. Although that is about what I had imagined as being the best you could do as a Hippocrat.))

"What kind of tinker hungry organisation doesnt stock liquid nitrogen... i mean seriously..."
"As a non-Tinker, I do not know if or where any liquid nitrogen would be, and we have no time to look."

With a disgusted snort steven turns away from slither and walks over to the closest wall and slides his arm into it before abandoning it and collecting a new one from the wall, he then drags that arm into the original and abandons it before repeating the process until there is no longer any wall within reach to collect.

((Logically speaking this will work, by abandoning matter inside the decoy arm i multiply its original density by the number of repetitions up until there isnt any space left or i run out of cement (likely the latter if i only use whats in reach) and once i run out of wall i can use my power to absorb all the matter within it.
Of course if i ever want to phase through something again id have to abandon most if not all if it due to the fact i cant fit that much sheer mass through the gaps in an atomic structure with any real speed and i doubt id be able to shunt more than the original density's worth of it into my pocket dimension.
Still it would be a useful trick to have in this fight, and it opens steven up for self improvement discussions with kevin.))
((What about this process implies that it is logical? For starters, you can't just "abandon" an arm; you would need to get someone to cut it off, at best. In addition, you are assuming that the matter would simply remain there, at the same mass as it was originally without changing density, if such a thing were to occur, and that you wouldn't simply recollect a new arm. Finally, you are a superhero. Logic is optional, as long as it's internally consistent illogic.))
Sig

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 04, 2013, 03:06:50 pm »

((Out of interest Gold, is this the quote that you were thinking of?
"Well, you see... a doctor cures people. A medic just makes them comfortable... while they die."))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 04, 2013, 03:57:34 pm »

((Uhh gold theres a few issues with your not letting me do this although i probably coulda made my action a bit clearer.
1) you let me abandon my arm and then body in the pool, Im using the same principal here.
2) the decoy is not gonna move because its surrounded by the rest of the wall and i fully expect itd mass and density to change, its why im doing this.
3) the logic is consistent with actions i have taken in the past. Namely my stone to metal and metal to water and back conversions where i abandoned entire bodies worth of matter in favour of another form of it.

Basically im sticking my physical arm into the wall and leaving it there, then i am effectiveley taking a step sideways and replacing 100% of my mass as i do so. This action leaves a decoy arm inside the wall at twice the normal mass and density.
I then phase the matter from my arms new position into the decoy arm so that there is an arm sized hole in the wall and an arm shaped section of wall 3 times denser then the rest. I then repeat the process until there is no more matter within a 2 foot radius and possess the densified limb.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 04, 2013, 04:02:45 pm »

((OK, for expediency, can matt have joined that meeting once he overheard what was happening? He was hanging around outside the HQ anyway))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 04, 2013, 04:12:43 pm »

((Out of interest Gold, is this the quote that you were thinking of?
"Well, you see... a doctor cures people. A medic just makes them comfortable... while they die."))
Yep.

((Uhh gold theres a few issues with your not letting me do this although i probably coulda made my action a bit clearer.
1) you let me abandon my arm and then body in the pool, Im using the same principal here.
2) the decoy is not gonna move because its surrounded by the rest of the wall and i fully expect itd mass and density to change, its why im doing this.
3) the logic is consistent with actions i have taken in the past. Namely my stone to metal and metal to water and back conversions where i abandoned entire bodies worth of matter in favour of another form of it.

Basically im sticking my physical arm into the wall and leaving it there, then i am effectiveley taking a step sideways and replacing 100% of my mass as i do so. This action leaves a decoy arm inside the wall at twice the normal mass and density.
I then phase the matter from my arms new position into the decoy arm so that there is an arm sized hole in the wall and an arm shaped section of wall 3 times denser then the rest. I then repeat the process until there is no more matter within a 2 foot radius and possess the densified limb.
1. The difference is, you were getting a new arm, made out of water. You can't make an arm out of air, the intermolecular binding forces are too weak compared to their velocities.
2. I understand this.
3. The difference is that you are changing the volume of your body. It was the same before and after previously, give or take, whereas you are attempting a sudden drop in volume combined with a change in shape plus the exact reverse seconds later.
Really, the biggest issue is the part where you lose your arm.

((OK, for expediency, can matt have joined that meeting once he overheard what was happening? He was hanging around outside the HQ anyway))
Sounds like a plan. Did he put on a mask or say a codename into the armband or something?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 04, 2013, 04:22:58 pm »

You're missing my point, im making the new arm out of the wall not out of thin air.
Im phasing my arm into the wall then replacing my metal arm with the cement next to it, i am then phasing that cement into the metal/cement hybrid decoy i created and then im abandoning the metal/cement/cement hybrid and forming another arm from another part of the cement around it which i am then phasing into the decoy arm and so on.

There are no air limbs involved in this plan.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 04, 2013, 04:42:04 pm »

((He does not have a mask, unless they are provided, and now I need to think of a good name for him))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 137