Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167842 times)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Fate Tempted
« Reply #1350 on: November 03, 2013, 10:31:57 pm »

"Is that an out of town cape?" Kevin blinked at what kind of super powers a parahuman with that name might have. He pictured a flying coffee mug with a white cape.

Thalsian placed his hand on the Docs back and formed a 2 point super endurance rune.

"If you're talking about some sort of tinker stimulant your guess is as good as mine.We'd have to ask the tinker who made it. If not, I'v never had a chance to combine it with other powers as of yet."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:35:44 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 03, 2013, 10:36:54 pm »

"Hm...let's see..."
(derm, mind informing me of anything Tabitha made that might fit the bill?)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 03, 2013, 10:37:14 pm »

"No, I dont have blood and due to that fact i can exist within her anti-manton field.
As for using my power on a liquid, it is not something i have attempted extensively. My power can affect it but i am unsure if it can sustain that effect."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 03, 2013, 10:41:06 pm »

"Interesting. See, if you can, that means you might be able to help reduce Naga's damage. It mostly destroys stuff with hydrokinesis, so other hydrokinetics are key...we have a pool, care to test it out?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 03, 2013, 10:43:37 pm »

Delphinium sees Dr. Kataiser with Thalsian applying a rune similar to her own.  She quickly approaches them, "Hello, Dr. Kataiser, Thalsian.  Since I can't, for the life of me get one of our other doctors or nurses to come to me, I need a small amount of regeneration serum and a check for a concussion before this all kicks off, please."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:55:40 pm by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 03, 2013, 10:49:02 pm »

"I would rather find a way to harm her in return, driving her aeay would be the more effective means of damage control. But if you insist i will attempt it."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 03, 2013, 10:50:47 pm »

"If you can figure out a way to hurt Naga, or any Terror, significantly enough to matter, that alone puts you in the top percent of capes. Don't feel bad about being just damage control; few enough capes can do even that."
They head to the pool.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:53 pm »

"Hm...let's see..."

((Not particularly. We've established that making the publicly usable regeneration serum took up about 95% of her time. If you can inject a quantity of it into the bone maybe it'll fix breaks faster but I haven't really made anything specifically for hardiness yet.))

"Smart-ass, It's just coffee. Well, I suppose we'll find out. There's a machine in the lounge for it and I grabbed one on my way up here."

(Had tried to post but was interrupted by RP edit: Goddamn I'm suddenly the most popular girl at the ball.)

Tabitha turns to the girl who had just walked up. "Wh- dammit people it might be an emergency but this is our job. Fine, come with me. Do you need an injection now, or a field kit? Look into this flashlight." Tabitha grabs an instrument off the wall and shines it into Delphi's eye.

Does Tabitha see signs of a concussion?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:00:03 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 03, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »

Thalsian faced Delphinium just as he finished the rune.

He had forgotten her cape name. So he just nodded for acknowledgement that she greeted him.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:04:58 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 03, 2013, 11:01:44 pm »

"Hm...let's see..."
((Not particularly. We've established that making the publicly usable regeneration serum took up about 95% of her time. If you can inject a quantity of it into the bone maybe it'll fix breaks faster but I haven't really made anything specifically for hardiness yet.))
(Thought so.)
"Sorry Selina, nothing here. Those splints are your best bet."

Does Tabitha see signs of a concussion?
A minor one, yes. Probably not worrying about until after preparations for Naga are done.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 03, 2013, 11:03:52 pm »

"Aren't I supposed to be called Kinetics now? But oh well, I might as well see how this goes." She sounded eager.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 03, 2013, 11:05:40 pm »

((I like seeing the paralells between this universe and the wormverse. Chicago team leader, I'm looking at you...  ;)

I like what you've done with the endbringers, though. Is there/will there be an equivalent to the nine?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 03, 2013, 11:05:57 pm »

"And the fact that i am one of the few capes in the world capable of physically touching Naga is of no strategic importance?"

Asks steven as he slides one arm into the water, focusing intently on the task at hand he slides his ethereal arm out into the water and tries to maintain its form.

((Yeah damage control isnt gonna cut it, when i said i wanted to fight an endbringer... i meant i wanted to fight an endbringer.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 03, 2013, 11:08:52 pm »

"Aren't I supposed to be called Kinetics now? But oh well, I might as well see how this goes." She sounded eager.
"Good catch, my mistake."

((I like seeing the paralells between this universe and the wormverse. Chicago team leader, I'm looking at you...  ;)

I like what you've done with the endbringers, though. Is there/will there be an equivalent to the nine?))
((Oh? And um, which is that, Myrrdin?
Closest is the Family. No clue if they'll show up after Naga. Or what comes next, actually. I haven't planned past that. But my plans for that...))

"And the fact that i am one of the few capes in the world capable of physically touching Naga is of no strategic importance?"

Asks steven as he slides one arm into the water, focusing intently on the task at hand he slides his ethereal arm out into the water and tries to maintain its form.

((Yeah damage control isnt gonna cut it, when i said i wanted to fight an endbringer... i meant i wanted to fight an endbringer.))
((Let's see how this goes. And anyways, what Slither said was true. Basically, the Alexandrias and Siberians of this world are what would be directly fighting the Terrors, except for some "roadblocks".))
So he does. He feels the arm distort some.
"...I am not quite sure what's going on. Is this good? Do you want to continue?"
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 03, 2013, 11:19:45 pm »

"my arm is distorting slightly, i may be able to maintain its form while it remains underwater, but if i were to remove it...

((I accept that i dont rate anywhere near either of them and that Siberian could probably kill Naga if she knew where its core was but capes like Alexandria couldnt fight her, they are still 80% water.))

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 137