Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167896 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Screw Writer's Block!
« Reply #1230 on: November 02, 2013, 03:36:26 pm »

Having written up all my actions do you think that is even remotely possible?
Out of curiosity, is Steven actively trying to be sent to this world's Birdcage or what?

Oh and before stevens attempt at cutting himself in half i wanna have him say "id rather be dead then remain trapped" then if he fails to get all the way through just have him play dead until she lowers the fields.
Noted.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1231 on: November 02, 2013, 04:03:24 pm »

((Unholy's "problem" is that he is staying in character no matter what. An admirable trait, hated by powergamers, highly sought after by many GMs and those who enjoy good RP,  but one that can drive a GM crazy under certain circumstances. Like, for example, refusing the lifeline the GM is throwing you for IC reasons.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 02, 2013, 04:10:56 pm »

Article by Rich Burlew, author of Order of the Stick. A few notable bits:

Quote from: Rich Burlew
When you think about a situation, ask yourself, "Is this the only way my character can react to this?" Chances are, the answer is, "No."
A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt.
The division between your personality and that of your character only goes so far as it helps the game; once it begins becoming a disruption, a player has a responsibility to alter his or her character's decisions in the interest of the group.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1233 on: November 02, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »

((While I disagree with some points of the article, I will agree that one's roleplaying shouldn't make the game more difficult for the rest. But you can't force others to play as you want. And Unholy isn't making things difficult for others, just you.  :P))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 02, 2013, 04:27:27 pm »

And himself.

(Honestly, I wouldn't care too much if I replaced Unholy with a waitlister due to Unholy's decisions. I would prefer not to, of course, but if Pariah tosses out his last chance...)
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1235 on: November 02, 2013, 04:33:09 pm »

((Well, yeah, there comes a point were you must draw a line. You can't keep bending the world to give one character an opportunity to join the party or some time to actually play a bit before he dies.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 02, 2013, 06:16:29 pm »

Elena heads to the Ward HQ's storage closet and retrieves a sheet and pillow, usually intended for other visiting capes. They were a little itchy, with their low thread count, but the only person who had complained thus far had been hypertactile. There were two couches in the common room. One faced a whiteboard and the other faced the TV.  "Which couch do you want?  Or would you prefer a chair?"  The only comfortable looking chair in the room is a recliner beside the TV couch.
"Um... wh-wh-which o-o-one d-do you want... t-t-to have...?" Selina seems to want Elena to have the one she thought most comfortable.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 02, 2013, 07:06:13 pm »

((The problem is that your chances involve my character not being able to do anything.
That and restraining the guy who got buried alive isnt the wisest decision when it comes to garnering his cooperation.

Regardless i give you permission to temporarily brainwash my character in order get things moving.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 02, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

"Well, I might have a concussion, so going to sleep probably isn't the best idea.  The infirmary should be sending ups some of Tinker Lady Kataiser's regeneration serum for that.  I might just watch some TV while you nap and try and keep your dreams from waking you up."
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 02, 2013, 08:38:58 pm »

"O-o-okay..." Selina lies on the couch facing the whiteboard, letting Elena watch tv. She felt terrible after having to leave in the meeting, and even worse that she had lost it. Would she ever gain full control again? Not having to live in fear of killing someone... again...

Emotions: Depression 4/6 Fear 1/6 Self-Conscious 1/6
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 02, 2013, 09:36:16 pm »

((The problem is that your chances involve my character not being able to do anything.
That and restraining the guy who got buried alive isnt the wisest decision when it comes to garnering his cooperation.

Regardless i give you permission to temporarily brainwash my character in order get things moving.))
((Once I get time to type up a turn, you'll know how to get back in without significant...brainwashing.

Sorry for the delays. Homework, then dinner, then a bunch of people were gathering to play horror video games. Plans: Slenderman, Amnesia, Dead Space. Dead Space didn't work and Amnesia kept crashing, so...Slenderman, a bit of amnesia, SCP: Containment Breach, and now L4D2. Which everyone is dying at. Maybe trying to play a multiplayer game alone isn't smart, guys? And if you have to, maybe don't rush at bunches of zombies before killing them?

Fun fact: I played the Slenderman game once, surviving for ~10-15 minutes when the average was around six, getting two pages, which put me around the 50th percentile. I only died because I faced the chainlink fence--again--and decided to back up because I didn't want to turn around. Turns out, Slendie was behind me, and if youback into him long enough the game turns you around so you look at him. The best part is, people kept laughing...and afterwards, I learned that they were laughing because of all the times I should have died but didn't.

So. It was fun.))
Sig

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 02, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »

"Hey Selina?" even at this awkward angle, Elena can tell that the girl is emotionally hemorrhaging, "You've done well so far.  That asshole Skull is going to get his soon enough, and I think that you're going to help.  Humerus might be at his beck and call now, but once he's gone, she'll probably fall right back into her old... habits."  Elena looks at Selina strangely for a brief moment, but attempted turned away before she noticed.  It was an interesting thought, that she would have to pursue later.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 02, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »

(11) Selina glances over, thinking she saw something on Elena's expression before she turned... probably nothing...

"Th-thanks... s-s-sorry for... b-b-b-being s-so much tr-tr-trouble..."
Selina seems to relax a bit, but is getting those feelings again. Why was she attracted to Elena? She was a girl after all! Shouldn't she want to be with a guy? ...But Elena was the first person her own age who actually cares about her... even if it was just a job for her, it felt nice to have someone helping again.

Emotions: Affection 4/8 Depression 3/8 Confusion 1/8
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 02, 2013, 09:59:10 pm »

Elena walked over to Selina's couch, "You're less trouble than I expected, now get some sleep, fatigue isn't something that I can read too well, but your dark circles have circles." She gave Selina a pat on the shoulder, and returned to her seat.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 02, 2013, 10:02:19 pm »

Selina flinched at the contact, but relaxed a bit more, slowly nodding off despite the hour of the day. Lying on the ground were the folder with the pictures, and a small book with a book mark in it, no title. Selina seemed to be resting peacefully atleast.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 137