Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167897 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Screw Writer's Block!
« Reply #1215 on: November 02, 2013, 11:47:42 am »

Impaling himself on the small forcefields between the snake coils and using the ones on the other side of his body to strain the snakes bodies to breaking point so tgat he can bury his arms and hopefully head into a nearby surface.

Better idea, instead if trying to force his body through the forcefields steven abandons his current form and phases himself down through it so that piasa's forcefield lies directly in line with his stomach then reaches a new
pair of arms out from beneath the coiling mass of snakes and buries them in the wall i just came out of before pulling his face towards it.

((Doing the decoy body thing taking only what matter is necessary to maintain my upper body and reforming my lower body on the other side of her forcefield using my two leg holes to form a pair of trunks which i can rebuild from.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:53:36 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 02, 2013, 12:53:35 pm »

Sadly, he can't fit his torso through his former legs. If it wasn't for that, your plan probably would have worked.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 02, 2013, 01:07:49 pm »

But my plan does work, you know how when you stick a ring on your finger thats slightly too small and it goes halfway on then causes your skin to bunch up and it kinda gets stuck? Or when you stick your finger against a hole in something and part of the skin goes through to the other side?

Thats what im doing, except steven then reforms his finger from that new position and he can push it on even further because the skin isnt in the way anymore. Im applying that principle to his entire body, part of him gets through and he reforms his body then stretches a bit more through and repeats the process.

It wont be instant and it may not even be fast but it will work.
Oh and im not channeling my torso through my legs, im sliding it down them like railway tracks if that was your concern.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 02, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »

My biggest concern is that I barely have any idea what you're trying to do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 02, 2013, 01:41:59 pm »

Why are the simple concepts always the hardest to describe :(
Ideally id like to just say "im escaping and she cant stop me" but as a GM i suppose you need to understand why.

Ill try to break it down into easy to describe steps, im horribly at explaining things otherwise.

1)Im abandoning my current body
2)im sliding my ethereal/transdimensional/ghost body straight down abandoning all the matter  i can and keeping only what i must due to lack of solid matter beneath it.
3)im pushing small lengths of my body through the forcefields leg holes until i get stuck then im reforming my body that much lower and pushing a bit more of myself through.
4)Refer to 3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 02, 2013, 01:44:59 pm »

Ah.

Well, remember how I compared my explanation of your power to Tattletale's explanation of Night's power? It's not literally true. The biggest bit is that your "ethereal body" has to be inside non-gaseous matter (and even liquids are a bit...odd). The short of this is that you cannot move entirely into or through items smaller than you (although you can go partway, and the rest of the way around...assuming no force fields or whatever are in your way). Moreover, that force field would probably still stop your non-body if it could exit solid matter.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 02, 2013, 01:59:50 pm »

Now its my turn to be confused, im not altering my body shape or trying to exit solid matter.

Im sort of flexing into the leg holes so that part of my body is slightly lower then it was a second ago and im re-anchoring my entire body to that point then reforming so that im unflexed in a position lower then when i started. But im doing it constantly so that i appear to be sinking.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 02, 2013, 02:01:50 pm »

How are you getting around the "force field in the way" issue?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 02, 2013, 02:10:26 pm »

With the flexing a bit through and reforming, im pushin on the forcefield so that my body deforms slightly and pushes a squished chunk of matter through the forcefields leg hole.
then im reforming my body based on the position of the lowest part of that chunk.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 02, 2013, 02:17:38 pm »

Oh.

It's not a horizontal force field, it's vertical. I thought I made that clear, but obviously not.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 02, 2013, 02:24:43 pm »

((Is there any real way that he can get out of this, get out of the building, and escape somewhere, that isn't a "Do this exact list of steps or your stuck here forever"?))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 02, 2013, 02:24:53 pm »

Oh that one.. im impaling myself on it to creep piasa out, it doesnt hinder my plan in the slightest.

I can reform my body around it, let whatever parts of my body it removes fall into my missing limb void storage then collect new ones in the floor.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 02, 2013, 02:29:26 pm »

((Is there any real way that he can get out of this, get out of the building, and escape somewhere, that isn't a "Do this exact list of steps or your stuck here forever"?))
Yes, and it should come up after the meeting. He just has to avoid committing diplomatic suicide again.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 02, 2013, 02:35:51 pm »

Yes, and it should come up after the meeting. He just has to avoid committing diplomatic suicide again.
Having written up all my actions do you think that is even remotely possible?

Oh and before stevens attempt at cutting himself in half i wanna have him say "id rather be dead then remain trapped" then if he fails to get all the way through just have him play dead until she lowers the fields.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 02, 2013, 03:26:07 pm »

Elena heads to the Ward HQ's storage closet and retrieves a sheet and pillow, usually intended for other visiting capes. They were a little itchy, with their low thread count, but the only person who had complained thus far had been hypertactile. There were two couches in the common room. One faced a whiteboard and the other faced the TV.  "Which couch do you want?  Or would you prefer a chair?"  The only comfortable looking chair in the room is a recliner beside the TV couch.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 137