Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167976 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Screw Writer's Block!
« Reply #960 on: October 30, 2013, 04:55:18 pm »

((Oh, of course. But you can still be constantly evil and be interesting, you just need character depth.))
((Point for you. Jerk w/ a heart of gold, jerkass woobie, etc... Do have their merits. I misinterpreted your initial comment.))
((Huh? No, I did mean irredeemably evil bastards, but they can be interesting to play without being solely composed of 'MWAHAHAHA I KILL YOU NOW'.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 30, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »

((So, like Disney or Bond villains then?  I hadn't considered their value in RP. I must ruminate.))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:35:30 pm by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 30, 2013, 05:03:30 pm »

((Kinda, yeah. You'll see when I get my character finished.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 30, 2013, 07:20:16 pm »

((Or Jack Slash. Or pretty much any of the Nine. Heck, a lot of villains in Worm could count...and heroes.))

Having finished breakfast, Delphinium and Selina need to decide what to do. They could visit the PRT psychiatrist, who can be visited pretty much any time she does not have an appointment. Selina could do her paperwork, or she could make that drawing of Argonaut.
As they are considering their options, they are approached by Slither.
"Heh. Hello, Selina. I see that you are in here despite not being a Ward?" He waves his hand. "Don't worry about it. You're going to be a Ward, pretty much everyone knows. Anyways, there's a meeting at 11 for all the heroes to attend about the Bones. You might want to come. Don't worry about rules; you can go pretty much anywhere in HQ as long as Delphinium is with you."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 30, 2013, 09:36:39 pm »

"O-o-okay... um... wh-wh-when d-d-do I d-do the... p-p-paper work...?" Selina seems pretty nervous and a little afraid.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 30, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »

"If we go get it right now, we may be able to finish it before the meeting."
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 30, 2013, 09:49:43 pm »

"O-o-okay... l-l-lets d-d-do that then..." Selina nervously follows to get paper work, stepping a little closer to Elena.

Emotions: Fear 1/6 Nervousness 3/6 Affection 2/6
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 30, 2013, 09:51:12 pm »

((I'm lucky that the only two currently playing people who have experience with Selina's are Gold and Wolf, so many new interactions to gage!))
((Id still be playing but frankly im losing interest rapidly, i told GWG that i wanted to play a worm style superhero game so that i could fight an endbringer and to my delight he turned around an made one... then he gave me a power completetly useless against endbringers, shut down every bit of utility i tried to wring from it then locked me in a cell with nothing to do and has left me there for weeks...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 30, 2013, 09:58:27 pm »

On the other hand I'm about to become one of the biggest names in the verse, cause I'm turning on the mass marketing of superpowers.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 30, 2013, 10:02:07 pm »

Which helps me in no way because even if i get out of this cell and even if those formulas work on capes my real body isnt even in this dimension.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 30, 2013, 10:03:20 pm »

I never said it was your hand.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 30, 2013, 10:09:46 pm »

"Depends. I believe the question you want answered is, where do you get the paperwork? That would be...one of the offices, I'm not sure which. Well, it shouldn't be too hard to find. Probably Delphinium could take you there. Once you get it, you can fill it out pretty much anywhere in HQ."

Slither leans in a little. "Selina, is everything alright?"

((Never leave a turn half-finished before going off to do something else.))

((I'm lucky that the only two currently playing people who have experience with Selina's are Gold and Wolf, so many new interactions to gage!))
((Id still be playing but frankly im losing interest rapidly, i told GWG that i wanted to play a worm style superhero game so that i could fight an endbringer and to my delight he turned around an made one... then he gave me a power completetly useless against endbringers, shut down every bit of utility i tried to wring from it then locked me in a cell with nothing to do and has left me there for weeks...))
I'm working on getting you out I swear!
I'll even figure out a way you can be helpful!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 30, 2013, 10:14:26 pm »

"F-f-f-fine... j-just... n-n-n-nervous..." Selina felt slightly attracted to Elena for some reason... it was a really weird but... was this what liking people was like?
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 30, 2013, 10:16:18 pm »

On the other hand I'm about to become one of the biggest names in the verse, cause I'm turning on the mass marketing of superpowers.
Somehow i predict the PRT shutting you down hard on this...

But on the off chance that they dont could you try making a contessa?
I will need a second trigger event if im gonna fight an endbringer.

I'm working on getting you out I swear!
I'll even figure out a way you can be helpful!
How is it that i get jailed like this for punching bullhit in the head yet selina gets to be a ward after killing two people?

*Hint* goddamn *hint*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 30, 2013, 10:20:30 pm »

Partly extenuating circumstances (e.g. major psychological issues), part reactions, part no one vouched for Steven, part I hadn't thought of that.

By the end of the day, probably. I have a plan to play through...although you could try to argue your case.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 137