Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 168247 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #585 on: October 18, 2013, 02:27:56 pm »

"We were discussing my going cape, sir."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 18, 2013, 02:54:42 pm »

"I... I d-d-didn't do it... sh-sh-sh-she made me.. sh-she takes over... I... I d-d-don't know h-h-h-how to st-stop her..." Selina seems quite terrified. She didn't want to go to thew pit... but she couldn't control the other her...
"Who? Delphinium?" Argonaut snorted in amusement.
"Hold it, I think Piasa mentioned something...and you saw the footage, she switched between attacking and stopping, and she threw herself headfirst into the foam. Something's going on..."
"...You're right. This is going to turn into another of those things that eats up all my time for a month, isn't it?"
"Quite possibly. So, Selina, could you explain who 'she' is?"

"We were discussing my going cape, sir."
"Ah, yes. Where's--?"
"Here you go, sir."[/u]
"That is extremely unnerving. Anyways, Tabitha, here's the paperwork, I hope you can fill it out by tomorrow. If nothing happens to hold things up--"
"Director! We've got the preliminary reports for the incident at the club, and one from the officer who covered himself in containment foam!"
"--which it probably will, you will be able to select your costume and whatnot by the end of next week."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 18, 2013, 02:59:28 pm »

Tabitha takes the paper and frowns. "Was anyone hurt? I can speed over there."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 18, 2013, 03:02:46 pm »

"Let's see. Everyone from the club is presumably already being treated or beyond help by now...there might be someone from the immediate conflict in need of help, though. One person evidently got stabbed with some sort of power-enhanced knife. You might check the infirmary for what you can do to help."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 18, 2013, 03:06:09 pm »

"Heh, easy- wait, beyond help?"  Tabitha Tabitha closed her eyes and grit her teeth in frustration. Exhaling, she said "I'll go see what I can do."

To the infirmary!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 18, 2013, 03:06:31 pm »

"Sh-sh-sh-she showed up... a-a-a-a-after I was t-t-t-tortured... sh-shes in my head... sh-sh-sh-she wanted m-m-m-me to kill... wh-wh-wh-when I wouldn't she... sh-sh-she..." Selina looks ready to burst into tears again.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 18, 2013, 03:08:54 pm »

"Heh, easy- wait, beyond help?"  Tabitha Tabitha closed her eyes and grit her teeth in frustration. Exhaling, she said "I'll go see what I can do."

To the infirmary!
"Don't worry. The reports indicate that there was nothing anyone could do, unless you somehow knew about it right as the attack was happening and stole a teleportation device."

"Sh-sh-sh-she showed up... a-a-a-a-after I was t-t-t-tortured... sh-shes in my head... sh-sh-sh-she wanted m-m-m-me to kill... wh-wh-wh-when I wouldn't she... sh-sh-she..." Selina looks ready to burst into tears again.
"Tortured? When were you tortured?"
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 18, 2013, 03:09:53 pm »

"F-f-f-f-five y-y-years ago... s-s-s-s-so much pain... s-s-s-so much..." Selina is terrified.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:17:00 pm by RangerCado »
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 18, 2013, 03:10:15 pm »

Kevin snatched the waiver and read it thoroughly he raised an eyebrow at some of the things that needed to be waived.

All the usual stuff that were on a waiver like this were there but some were noted as almost unnecessary.
Implosion, sucked into an alternate dimension, gender change, rat transformation, attack by cyborg koalas, loss of para-human abilities...the list went on.

He gathered that this was probably a general waiver for using a tinker made item and not necessarily this item in particular.

"Attack by cyborg koalas?" Kevin asked the nurse.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:27:46 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 18, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »

"Doesn't make it any easier, director. Never will."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 18, 2013, 03:31:21 pm »

"F-f-f-f-five y-y-years ago... s-s-s-s-so much pain... s-s-s-so much..." Selina is terrified.
"Who--"
"This isn't your area of expertise, 'Naut. Let's wait for Slither or someone to get here before we talk about something that...touchy."
"...Point. Alright. Can you describe this person? How did she get into your head?"

Kevin snatched the waiver and read it thoroughly he raised an eyebrow at some of the things that needed to be waived.
All the usual stuff that were on a waiver like this were there but some were noted as almost unnecessary.
Implosion, sucked into an alternate dimension, gender change, rat transformation, attack by cyborg koalas, loss of para-human abilities...the list went on.
He gathered that this was probably a general waiver for using a tinker made item and not necessarily this item in particular.
"Attack by cyborg koalas?" Kevin asked the nurse.
"Some people are paranoid. Some people want to make fun of people who are paranoid. Some groups send out forms without proofreading them."

"Doesn't make it any easier, director. Never will."
"It doesn't, does it? Well, some day you'll have to learn that you can't save everyone. Especially if you're going into the field."

((Going to be leaving soon.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 18, 2013, 03:34:55 pm »

"Not... r-r-r-r-real... j-j-j-just a voice at first... th-th-th-then sh-she took over... sh-sh-she k-k-k-killed the bullies... b-b-b-b-but I j-just wanted to run... I... I d-d-d-didn't want to...!" Selina cries out and starts to cry.
[/quote]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 18, 2013, 03:38:07 pm »

"Well, the thing is, a lot of people die before they even get to a hospital. I've done what I can as far as 'healing for everyone' goes. Two out of three is as above one as one is to zero. I know I can't save everyone. But I have to try, or whats the point of doing anything at all?"

She smirked. "And as far as 'not dying' goes, you'll find that I'm one of the best there is." With that she stood up and walked out the door.

To the infirmary and such!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 18, 2013, 03:38:36 pm »

Matthew finishes up his lunch, and when he hears about the fight on the news, his sister describes the participants.   if he had been holding a glass it would be broken on the ground.

"That's the girl I met at the park ... I have to go for another walk"

Matthew heads off to the site of the battle, looking for Selina
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 18, 2013, 04:10:29 pm »

Kevin smirked
"Indeed"
He looked at the waiver
"How should I sign this?"

((also GWG you forgot the blades in the power list of kevins CS))
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:12:02 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 137