Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 168255 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #570 on: October 17, 2013, 11:12:01 pm »

((Yay im a threat, also GWG you never did answer me about the nuances of my power.))
Screaming in rage at being forced to remember his trigger event steven charges straight to phantasm and begins mindlessly pummelling her with his iron fist ignoring everyone else present.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:53 pm »

Nothing of note changes.
((further than I thought it would be.....so he is able to move it along the blade?))
I had imagined the blade as basically being an energy blade of some kind. Did you have something else in mind?

((no, you have it right, like a light saber but in a more traditional blade shape It could be something between immaterial in that it's made of energy but solid in that it takes up and doesn't share a volume. My main goal is to test the limits of Kevins power as well as how the various powers interact with each other. His anti-power...ability and his slight increase in endurance and strength were less than I thought they were so I'm getting a better Idea of his power set. I knew he pretty much had to touch the blood in order to get it to do anything but he had extremely precise control over it. I'm testing these and other assumptions.))
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 18, 2013, 05:59:43 am »

Hey!
Speaking of which, is Tabitha going to ignore the Director or respond or what? Because the chance for her to do anything is mostly gone and vanishing fast.

((Hey! When is the director going to Tell me when it's safe to go you forgetful man!? I did respond, I'm waiting on him. I'm not looking at other peoples posts / metagaming! I have no idea whats going on in character!

I'm beginning to question your abilities.))
I actually partway expected Tabitha to go without the Director's permission. If she wasn't, some sort of post indicating that would have been appreciated.
In any case, it won't be safe to go until Steven is also contained.

also GWG you never did answer me about the nuances of my power.))
Which time? I'm trying to figure out something that's easily explicable yet not too different from what I had initially imagined.

((no, you have it right, like a light saber but in a more traditional blade shape It could be something between immaterial in that it's made of energy but solid in that it takes up and doesn't share a volume. My main goal is to test the limits of Kevins power as well as how the various powers interact with each other. His anti-power...ability and his slight increase in endurance and strength were less than I thought they were so I'm getting a better Idea of his power set. I knew he pretty much had to touch the blood in order to get it to do anything but he had extremely precise control over it. I'm testing these and other assumptions.))
Hint: His powers are stronger if you don't try to use all of them at once. This is mentioned in his character sheet, but I didn't mention it in-thread on the assumption that you would read your character sheet when I requested everyone check theirs. Sorry about that.

Actual turn coming in a bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 18, 2013, 06:19:20 am »

Delphinium, seeing that her previous attack, coupled with Phantasm's assault had inspired a sort of self-loathing in the creature that she had never intended, recognizes that he could be easily brought down by it.  However, she knew just how easily self-loathing translates to general hatred.  Maybe if the others weren't here.  She pulses calm.
Screaming in rage at being forced to remember his trigger event steven charges straight to phantasm and begins mindlessly pummelling her with his iron fist ignoring everyone else present.
[PRT Officer: 20+1]
[Delphinium: 4]
[Sliver: 1]
[Bullhit: 9]
[String-Em-Up: 12]
[Piasa: 7]
[Steven Jerle: 10]
[Phantasm: 16]
PRT, Phantasm, String-Em-Up, Steven, Bullhit, Piasa, Delpinium, Sliver
[6+4-3v14-5]
The PRT officer approached Steven, and shoots a beanbag right over his shoulder.
Phantasm swirls around Steven, and he feels hands sort of grabbing him.
[8-3]
A number of rubbery strands land on Bullhit.
Steven begins swinging his fist into a cloud of smoke. Strangely, this has an effect--the hands let go. He feels really calmed by this.
Bullhit gets up and staggers towards the PRT HQ.
[17]
Delphinium fills Steven with calm and relaxation.

"She kills... sh-sh-she does it... d-d-d-d-doesn't she...?" Selina has tears going down her cheeks at this point.
"Sh, sh, it's going to be okay..." Selina probably realizes that Piasa probably doesn't have a clue what's going on with her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 18, 2013, 06:25:43 am »

also GWG you never did answer me about the nuances of my power.))
Which time? I'm trying to figure out something that's easily explicable yet not too different from what I had initially imagined.

This one, you misinterpreted what i wanted to do in my action and told me why your interpretation wouldnt work then forgot to answer my question.
Quote from: Unholy_pariah
((aside from swimming through matter and switching out my molecular structure what else can i do with my power?
can i move the different materials around in my body via conscious though similar to how weld projects impurities to his "skin" so he doesn't attach himself to handrails?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2013, 07:18:42 am »

Ah.
...Not directly, but I imagine that you could find some way to approximate that with time.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 18, 2013, 07:46:29 am »

Selina is too overwhelmed and a little bit damaged emotionally to think straight as she keeps crying, letting out a short sob every now and then.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 18, 2013, 08:06:45 am »

Hint: His powers are stronger if you don't try to use all of them at once. This is mentioned in his character sheet, but I didn't mention it in-thread on the assumption that you would read your character sheet when I requested everyone check theirs. Sorry about that.

Actual turn coming in a bit.
Full-strength power typically requires a minimum of one arm to trace on

((no, I have read Kevins character sheet. My understanding was that the max strength of a power occurred when it had about the surface area of an arm to trace on. Kevin has 2 arms and 2 legs at the very least, and his legs are bigger than his arms, so I figured a maximum of at least 4 powers at max strength at a time assuming they don't interfere with each other. More assumptions to test I guess.))
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2013, 08:31:27 am »

((Yes, max strength for a single tattoo occurs when it hits a certain size but the tattoos themselves are powered by your abilities limited pool of plot-energy, each time you add a tattoo it probably expands the size of this pool by up to half but it also has to share this energy between an increased number of sources which lowers the amount of energy available to each tattoo.

Or to put it simply, your power is fueled by a pie chart.))

Ye Olde Action Lies Below

Despite the phantom swirling around him Steven feels his anger seeping out of him and he lets out a long relaxed sigh before taking stock of his situation, Noting that he is surrounded by PRT personnel on the very doorstep of their headquarters and that the member of the wards he attacked is still curled up on the ground he is momentarily confused by the fact he doesn't feel at all concerned despite the severity of his situation.
pushing aside his thoughts he walks over to the crying girl he had rushed in to aid but finds himself unsure of what to do next and allows himself to be guided by those around him.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:26:25 am by Unholy_Pariah »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2013, 09:06:40 am »

((Oh...the legs and torso. Dangit.
Well, my intention was that Kevin would have to choose between having all of his powers and having powers at full strength, so we'll need to work something out.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2013, 09:38:54 am »

((Well... I think combat is over now...))

Selina is still crying... and bleeding from her arm... and partially covered in containment foam.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2013, 10:19:22 am »

Two things.

Firstly, I tried to explain Steven's power to Pariah. For everyone's benefit:
Um...geez. I had this image, which I'll try to explain. I'll start with an explanation similar to Tattletale's explanation of Night's power, and see where I go from there.

Basically, imagine that Steven is basically a spiritual type of entity or something that can only exist inside solid objects (the way that humans cannot exist inside solid objects). He is in the shape his old body was in, and controls the material in that area. He can also slide through materials, typically bringing his body with. However, his body gets displaced a bit; think of, say, a wave. The wave stays the same, but the water changes. With effort, he can keep bits of his old body with him.
The ability to change his surroundings is sort of a derivative ability of this. He can stick an arm out of a surface, then remove his "real" arm and leave the copy there. He can use this same principle more subtly, using his body to bulge the walls or floor in or up. He can also do the opposite, shifting into a lump and then moving away, taking it.
This is not a literal description of how his power works, but it's a convenient mental model.

Does this help?

Secondly, I'm taking a break from parahumans to work on the history.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 18, 2013, 10:20:25 am »

((So... is it just player plot now or...))
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 18, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »

((So... is it just player plot now or...))
I meant in those first couple posts.

Ye Olde Action Lies Below
*grumbles about edits*

Despite the phantom swirling around him Steven feels his anger seeping out of him and he lets out a long relaxed sigh before taking stock of his situation, Noting that he is surrounded by PRT personnel on the very doorstep of their headquarters and that the member of the wards he attacked is still curled up on the ground he is momentarily confused by the fact he doesn't feel at all concerned despite the severity of his situation.
pushing aside his thoughts he walks over to the crying girl he had rushed in to aid but finds himself unsure of what to do next and allows himself to be guided by those around him.
Much to the surprise of the PRT, Steven basically surrenders.

Within several minutes, both members of the Protectorate and further PRT members have been brought in. Soon, the blob of containment foam is dissolved, and the various inhabitants moved to assorted rooms within the complex.

It is now 1:00. Delphinium's and Sliver's patrol has been delayed so they can write their reports.
"This sucks. I mean seriously, you guys have a fight, a couple new parahumans we have here, and a bit of incompetency to write up. I have two fights, one of which probably had a bunch of civilian casualties, and I have half a dozen new parahumans to write about, most of which I don't know what they did--like that little girl, what's with her?--AND I was trapped for most of the first and busy fighting the Thing--"
"Calm. Look on the bright side: You didn't get terribly injured, but you got off patrol early for basically getting buried and you won't have to patrol until we can get you new armor."
Bullhit glares at Slither, but quiets. Delphinium notes that Bullhit is actually calmer.
Anything worth noting about Delphinium's paperwork-filling-out? Does she try to glorify herself? What important information does she impart?

Steven is in a plain interrogation room, with no decorations unless you count a few chairs and one table. He is sitting on a forcefield, surrounded by additional force fields. Sitting in a chair next to him is Piasa; sitting across the table from him is Prefab, fingering one of his devices; and surrounding him are a few PRT officers.
"So. Do you care to explain why you assaulted a member of the Wards and a PRT officer? There are ways you can keep out of jail, but it does not look good at the moment..."

"Alright, Tabitha, it should be safe now. Now, where were we before this all happened?"

Selina is in an interrogation room much like that which Steven is in. Rather than being bound by force fields, she is sitting in a chair, with heavy manacles over her wrists and ankles, rated for Brutes much larger than her. Thankfully, though, the heaviest part is supported by a floor; Selina's wrists and shoulders are only a little sore. She hopes she can remove them soon.
Strangely, her mental state is not too solid.
In the room with her, across the table from her, are Argonaut and Momentum, the two heroes in armor and costume, prepared to act if Selina proves to exceed expectations and break the bonds. Around her are several PRT officers, all armed with containment foam.
"Greetings, Selina Nox. I've had a scan run; you ran away from home not long ago, after a girl named Emily implicated you in a case of...one count of aggravated assault, three of murder, and two of murder with a parahuman ability. Then you come here, and promptly accumulate another two counts of murder, plus counts of aggravated assault and assault with a parahuman ability. This doesn't look good, I hope you realize. You could easily be sent to the Pit for all that blood on your hands..."
Selina shudders. The Pit is where they sent the real monsters of villains, the ones who rampaged through cities or toppled governments. No one was quite sure where it was, except that it was somewhere in either the Arctic or the Antarctic and that it was deep underground. Villains went in, but no one came out.

Kevin is rushed to the ICU of the PRT hospital. A nurse comes forward with a form.
"Here, we have a number of Tinker-made salves and such that would make treating you a bit simpler. However, as Tinker tech it can be a bit...unpredictable at times. We need you to sign this waiver before we use them on you."

Matthew hears his sister calling from the living room.
"Quick! There's some important stuff on the news!"
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 18, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »

"I... I d-d-didn't do it... sh-sh-sh-she made me.. sh-she takes over... I... I d-d-don't know h-h-h-how to st-stop her..." Selina seems quite terrified. She didn't want to go to thew pit... but she couldn't control the other her...
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 137