Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 168315 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #495 on: October 15, 2013, 07:20:12 am »

"Making this real hard on me, ya know." Tabitha moves to the door and prepares to sprint. "Any time you're ready!"
"You have little to no combat training, less combat experience, and the PRT stands to lose quite a bit if you die. I really can't stop you, practically, but I'm not allowed to support this course of action. Nor would I want to."

Selina? runs up and pulls the knife out before trying to throw it at another one of the officers, but puts a cut along her arm before doing so, laughing creepily.

((Will somebody knock her out already!? Wheres the containment foam!?))
((oh god I've missed the interesting stuff.))

The elevator doors opened to carnage.  Whoever the bloodsoaked girl with the knife was, she had done a number on the PRT grunts.  Elena released a pulse that she hoped would fill her with remorse, as she watched Bullhit prepare to charge at her.
((I know, ill force GWG to make the decision for me with a dice roll.
2/4 i help selena, 3/5 i help the PRT, 1/6 i go insane and attack everyone.))

Filled with conflicting emotions steven charges blindly into the fight and begins furiously beating the first person he lands his clawed hands on.
((Those fractions add up to 19/15. Do you mean the numbers?))
[2]
(Alright. You're helping Selina.)
(Now for a heck of a lot of initiative rolls.)
[Backup Roll: 14; 3 more officers][Weapon Rolls: 9, 20, 10--Two more beanbags and some containment foam]
[Selina: 17+1]
[PRT Officers: 14+1]
[Delphinium: 2-5]
[Sliver: 10-5]
[Bullhit: 8-5]
[String-Em-Up: 14-5]
[Piasa: 6]
[Steven Jerle, who I forgot about until the rest of the turn was over, sorry: 16-6]
Order: Selina, PRT officers, String-Em-Up, Piasa, Sliver, Bullhit, Delphinium.
[20!+2v15+1][8-4][Luck: 14]
Selina cuts her arm, laughs, and hurls the knife right at the head of a PRT officer. It is deflected by the armor, however, and bounces back out of the building.
[16v2]
Selina snaps out of it and stares at the dead PRT officer in shock. She is distracted slightly by a number of rubbery strands tying themselves loosely around her arms, torso, and upper legs, and distracted greatly by a big guy in brown armor bashing into her and knocking her over and back. She thinks she might have broken a bone. Maybe a couple. She feels deep remorse, nearly depression.
[5+4-5v1+2][8+4v14+2-1][4+4v13+2-2]
The PRT officer catches Selina across the arm with a beanbag, but she manages to dodge the others'. The containment-foam-wielding PRT officer considers if he should use his foam...[13] Well, better to catch another officer in the foam than to have the next knife get through the helmet.
[1!+4] However, he pulls the trigger when the nozzle is pointed directly upwards, covering himself in containment foam. [9] The mound is also partly blocking the doorway, and of course his chances of being promoted any time soon.
[8]
String-Em-Up manages to get some strands around Selina's limbs, but they don't really connect with each other enough to impede her movements.
Piasa hurries outside, [5] getting a leg firmly caught in containment foam.
[17+3v12-3-2][4-2]
Steven makes his way to the battle, and smashes his hand right into the horned helmet of some cape. His hand just glances off.
Sliver glances around and decides to use her power with String-Em-Up's. Everyone in the building and in this combat has his power.
[20!][14+2v1+2][7+7v10]
Selina is knocked over and backwards by Bullhit, who gracefully leaps past the containment foam (damaging the doorway) and smashes into her.
[18] Delphinium notices a massive shift in the girl's emotions. And yet, the hatred, anger, and madness is still there...still.
[16v5] It works.

((Well, wasn't that an interesting brawl?))

((hmmmm a possible random act of violence spiral yay carnage!))
((Possibly, yeah.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:52:12 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 15, 2013, 07:29:48 am »

((Gah!!, please close your tags GWG))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 15, 2013, 07:36:02 am »

im currently working on fixing them.
im apparently working under the assumption that im weld with the ability to phase through matter whereas im basically just a ground-shark, this saddens me greatly as by removing my weld powers i can no longer shape myself into a shark.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 15, 2013, 07:38:34 am »

Spoiler: fixed turn (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 15, 2013, 07:49:41 am »

Whoops.

Spoiler: fixed turn (click to show/hide)
Thanks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 15, 2013, 07:56:42 am »

Selina takes the emotion hit like a train hit her. She drops to her knees and clutches her head, unable to comprehend this... it had happened again... Not again...

"Please no, please no, not again, not again..." ...She broke... Blood staining her body, and the ground, as she began to cry. Just like school... just like the school...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:05:00 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 15, 2013, 08:17:21 am »

upon seeing Selina drop to the ground Steven is consumed by a fit of rage and lashes out at Bullhit using his power to effortlessly drive his stone spike through the hero's armor absorbing the metal into an armored coating and taking advantage of the Manton effect to cause significant physical trauma to the hero inside.

After his initial thrust Steven wraps Bullhit in a tight bear hug flowing into and absorbing the armor and half entombing the cape in a stone shell then digging his metal claws deep into the heroes back and forcibly tearing the flesh sideways.

((aside from swimming through matter and switching out my molecular structure what else can i do with my power?
can i move the different materials around in my body via conscious thought similar to how weld projects impurities to his "skin" so he doesn't attach himself to handrails?))

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 15, 2013, 08:47:04 am »

((wait....what happened to my character?))
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:15 am »

Delphinium, seeing that her powers, and Bullhit, had brought the girl to her knees, decided to carefully make her way around the expanding containment foam.  Now noticing the rock monster accomplice, she splits her power's focus to hit them both.  Focusing more on the creature assaulting Bullhit, she needed to bring him down and keep the girl from getting back up to attack.  She releases another pulse of remorse.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 15, 2013, 09:37:28 am »

upon seeing Selina drop to the ground Steven is consumed by a fit of rage and lashes out at Bullhit using his power to effortlessly drive his stone spike through the hero's armor absorbing the metal into an armored coating and taking advantage of the Manton effect to cause significant physical trauma to the hero inside.

After his initial thrust Steven wraps Bullhit in a tight bear hug flowing into and absorbing the armor and half entombing the cape in a stone shell then digging his metal claws deep into the heroes back and forcibly tearing the flesh sideways.

((aside from swimming through matter and switching out my molecular structure what else can i do with my power?
can i move the different materials around in my body via conscious thought similar to how weld projects impurities to his "skin" so he doesn't attach himself to handrails?))
((Firstly: Your plan won't work. As of now, you can't really reshape your body, although I'm perfectly willing to let you snag a spike of ground kinda like you did in the sewer. Secondly, the armor isn't really big or thick enough for you to enter fully, although you can certainly impede him. Thirdly, the Manton effect is what keeps you from phasing into, say, Bullhit and messing around in there.))

((wait....what happened to my character?))
((He's around, just hurting. He could hypothetically fight, but given his massive wound and the internal bleeding and stuff he doesn't particularly feel up to it.))

Next turn in a bit.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 15, 2013, 09:43:46 am »

Selina curled up into a ball now, crying silently. Just like last time... always like last time... Besides sobbing, she isn't even moving now, resigned to her fate. She had killed, and now she died.

((...If only Delphinum realizes how much more this was actually hurting Selina's fragile mental state. Also, this works because Selina has no resistance left so... yeah...))
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:42 am »

in that case he just collapses if he hasn't done so already.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 15, 2013, 10:06:06 am »

Selina takes the emotion hit like a train hit her. She drops to her knees and clutches her head, unable to comprehend this... it had happened again... Not again...

"Please no, please no, not again, not again..." ...She broke... Blood staining her body, and the ground, as she began to cry. Just like school... just like the school...

Delphinium, seeing that her powers, and Bullhit, had brought the girl to her knees, decided to carefully make her way around the expanding containment foam.  Now noticing the rock monster accomplice, she splits her power's focus to hit them both.  Focusing more on the creature assaulting Bullhit, she needed to bring him down and keep the girl from getting back up to attack.  She releases another pulse of remorse.
in that case he just collapse if he hasn't done so already.
((Yay, more initiatives!))
[Backup Roll: 9-5; No backup]
[Selina: 15+1]
[PRT Officers: 7+1][Roll-Off: 3+1]
[Delphinium: 17]
[Sliver: 13]
[Bullhit: 9]
[String-Em-Up: 8][Roll-Off: 6]
[Piasa: 11]
[Steven Jerle: 18]
[Kevin: Auto-0]
Steven, Delphinium, Selina, Sliver, Piasa, Bullhit, String-Em-Up, PRT, Kevin
[19+3v5][10-2]
Steven "grabs" a spike of concrete from a nearby sidewalk and stabs Bullhit in the head with it. While the spike shatters against the helmet, Bullhit is knocked over and seems a bit disoriented. He feels glad.
[1]
Delphinium messes up big. They both have a bit of happiness added...then the anger and such takes over the girl again.
Selina is curled up in a ball, feeling depressed...then she feels a weight removed from her soul.
[7v11]
She uncurls, starting to feel angry again...oh no.
Sliver wishes she had a better power to copy, or ideally the ability to use the power she copied.
Piasa struggles against the containment foam before trying String-Em-Up's power. [13-2] Steven has one arm tangled to his chest.
[17]
Bullhit recovers from the recent blow to the head and rolls onto his hands and knees.
[12] String-Em-Up entangles Steven's arm further.
[20!+4v10][20!+4v7-1][3+4v1-2] [8, 19, 7]
Three beanbags fly at Steven, two hitting his head and one hitting his chest. Being made of stone, this doesn't affect him a lot, but he does become stunned. (Ie, no action next turn.)
Kevin is collapsed, watching the fight.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 15, 2013, 10:12:04 am »

Selina? rushes forward with her power, trying to punch tackle Delphinum, a deranged grin on her face.

"Pain. Such a glorious thing.~"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 15, 2013, 10:15:09 am »

Delphinium is inside. Selina is outside. There is a doorway, three PRT officers, and a mound of containment foam containing a superhero and at this point mostly blocking off the doorway in the way.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 137