Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: King of Dragon Pass (Strategy/Roleplaying game)[4/4]  (Read 11045 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of Dragon Pass (Strategy/Roleplaying game)[5/5]
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2013, 01:03:46 am »

Adopt the weaponthane into the clan.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2013, 02:07:38 am »

((I updated the Relations spreadsheet to include AI clan quirks and chieftains. Also, everyone now has a list of 'Other Thanes'. I'd really rather not have to give them all different birthdays, so they all age at Sea season.

Also, I just now gave you your watchtower, Taricus. Sorry about that!))
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:16:21 am by Silcugar »
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2013, 02:19:42 am »

((I never checked to see if it was missing. Didn't check the sheet too often :P ))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2013, 03:18:50 am »

Fear was great and decision was hard, but in the end Wostand decided that tribe can't kill any of it's dogs as one shouldn't kill the friends and it was decided that strange new pup will be raised by Wostand  and trained to aid him in his battles
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:27:43 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2013, 01:10:53 pm »

((I updated the Relations spreadsheet to include AI clan quirks and chieftains. Also, everyone now has a list of 'Other Thanes'. I'd really rather not have to give them all different birthdays, so they all age at Sea season.

Also, I just now gave you your watchtower, Taricus. Sorry about that!))

Some cultures age people based on a central date anyway, usually whatever marks the new year. So you could just declare that they do that in this culture. Keeps things simple and has a nice thematic tone to it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2013, 11:03:45 pm »

Kardarvi

The warrior thanks you, and swears he will be a great asset to your clan.
Spoiler: Clan Ring (click to show/hide)

Wolani

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2013, 11:42:09 pm »

1330, Fire

Action Phase
Kalawey

Kardarvi

Manskinner

Snapping Turtle

Wolani

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2013, 11:51:08 pm »

[M]Send Bolik to explore the Tula again, sending with him three weaponthanes and nine footmen.
[M]Send Rostakos to establish a trade route with the Badger clan, sending with him two weaponthanes and twelve footmen.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 03:38:37 am »

Kerendra was pointing a spot on the ground-a pleasant meadow of sweet smelling grass.

"There. Aet's currents flow very strong here-it is a ley point. We'll raise the temple here." She said, turning to the congregation. There was cheering-this summer they would raise a temple to the Earth Mother! A summer of hardwork was set in that moment.

For most Clans, it was vital to have a temple to your Clan Chieftains deity-it showed your love of the Gods, and made other clans respect you more for having done so-by proving the strength of their leaders.

The Snapping Turtle Clan took their temple building very seriously, as any good Orlanthi should. They nearly always built by water, and so had to be careful in choosing firm ground-once done, great logs were sawed and dragged to site by great numbers of clansmen and clanswomen-these logs would be pillars, and walls, creating not only a place of worship but a strong defense against chaos.

Aet's temples were unique in that they often served to shelter the people from the elements-as such, this one would be built on higher ground. Her temples had no floors, and her priests walked barefoot on soft ground. Sweet grass, clovers and beautiful flowers were cultivated around it in great plots by the gentle hands of her priests and priestesses-a bounty of growth to show the Earth mother the proper respect. Ivy creepers were considered Aet's fingers caressing the temple. These would all be placed around a likeness of the Goddess who occupied the center of the temple, carved in everlasting stone.

And around her, three runes carved into rock slabs-the first was the symbol of Life, and Aet's primary emblem.

Second was the symbol of water-without which, life could not persist.

And the final was the symbol of the Storm God Eunae and the Orlanthi-the people of the land.

Her scythe and these runes would be standing over worshipers, not in not in fear, but in love...the statue itself had belonged to the clan since time immemorial-they had literally carried it all the way through Dragon's pass...and, most were happy to finally give her a proper place.

Mousta did the numbers in her head.

While most of the clan was busy with the temple, or patrolling, she was organizing the defense...when it came down to it, they needed more thanes. But for now, being properly warned would be enough. She had drawn up plans for constructing nearly three dozen 'warboats'-which were heavy kayaks rowed by six strong warriors, capable of ramming and crushing other ships. They were also easy to dismount from, for quick raids. The local fishermen would also be instructed to various spots on the river-with instructions to point out any trouble they saw. Most of those in the Dragon Pass wouldn't fight them on the water, though.

Everyone was worried about the Boskovi, but the Stag Hearth were closer-and though they didn't try it often, sometimes they used ships to move their raids. She wanted eyes on them. She wanted eyes on everything....

These were surely the last years of her adventures, she thought somberly. She wanted to go to the Gods with her head held up high.

[M]Action: Raise A Temple to Aet. Construct in an area high up, easy to defend, and safe from floods, so it can serve as a shelter in emergencies.
[M]Action: Construct and train boats that we can use to patrol the rivers and for other things later-patrols should look particularly in the Direction of the Stag Hearth. Keep an eye out for raids heading to either the Red Fox, Orlundi or Mule Deer and warn them if possible.

OOC: For anybody whats wants to know...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:42:09 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2013, 05:30:49 am »

The war, the war was in the air, Wolani tribe required this war, because peace was lasting too long

[M] Send an emissary to Greydog and call for a favour and persuade them for joint attack on Mule Deer
Enerin was sent to the neighboring clan Greydog, her goal was to get an aid from them, should they join and send at least 200 men force, they would receive half of  conquered lands, male thanes, goods, while Wolani will get another half of the land and livestock
Should they send 100 men force, they'll still get all thanes that will be captured

[M] Raid Mule Deer with 10 weaponthanes, 150 footman, 75 auxiliaries , 3\4 of war dogs, lead by  Wostan and Janstan. Ordag will join the raid, too
Should Wolani get assistance from the Greydog or not, goal is the same, seize as much land as possible, Get their cattle, get their horses and do as much damage to the enemy as possible, to lessen possible counterattack later
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2013, 10:48:50 am »

[0]Query: Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego, what should be done for this season my clan ring?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2013, 03:17:35 am »

Kalawey

Kardarvi

You send Bolik, 3 weaponthanes, and 9 footmen to explore your tula at a steady pace.

Bolik passes by a large stone, that he swears is talking to him! None of the others can hear it, but Bolik swears there's a spirit waiting to be set free from the rock. 

Snapping Turtle

You construct a fine temple to Aet, but what kind of blessing do you wish it to provide?

You make several fine boats. One, in particular, is of exceptional make. The crafter responsible asks the ring to name the boat.

Wolani

You send Enerin to the Greydogs to call on a favour owed.

Enerin speaks with Janlon for some time. "You are our good friends, and we owe you, but this is quite a lot you ask of us. We do not desire land, as we have more than enough. However, the War Rock desires blood, and who better to supply it then the Mule Deer? Will you accept 80 carls and 15 weaponthanes as payment of a portion of our debt?"
Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2013, 03:28:31 am »

Do as Heorl says, let him question the spirit.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2013, 05:00:51 am »

[m] Again Recruit as many Weaponthanes as possible

[M] Take 100 Carls and 15 Weaponthanes to raid the Blue Jays

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2013, 06:07:04 am »

With the raising of the temple drew a logical choice-Aet would be asked to bless the crop yield of the coming year.

The Priesthood would soon drowse about the fields, all day long, for the coming months-singing prayers to Aet, chanting her name, and tossing charcoal ash from their satchels-a secret known to most Orlanthi priesthood, for it helped the crops grow. They would chase away birds, mice and other nibbling pests-but, not kill them. Everyone had to eat, after all. Rain dances and seances would take place during the hottest, driest months.

With hope and prayer and hardwork, the harvest would come in bountiful...

The naming of a boat was almost a sacred act to the Snapping Turtle's. That Samarkan, the crafter, had made such an exceptional vessel, and then asked the ring to settle on a name, meant he trusted them to make the right decision-and that he was a good clansman, hoping the blessing of his tools and skill would benefit the clan as a whole. Kerendra's first thought was to allow him to name it...she generally preferred freedom of choice in these matters. But, the looks her ringmates gave her indicated it would be a sign of poor leadership to do so.

She thought on the recent happenings. Had Aet inspired Samarkan to make this in her image? Or was Eo's often quiet spirit whispering from the beyond to honor her?

But, Mousta made a good point too-and Kerendra thought Pixius had sent them this gift, telling them to explore their rivers and lands with it. She was fickle Goddess, and honored bravery and adventure. This boat could be used in her name.

She smiled benignly, speaking for the ring.

"We shall name the craft the 'Pixius Wanderer'-and in her name, it shall lead great adventures for the glory of the tribe!

Samarkan, you shall be rewarded for your good deed toward the tribe. I know you and your wife are expecting your first child, this coming fall-we shall provide a suitable gift for this occasion."

Mousta was already picturing herself running through the water in the fine craft. She had, of course, honored Pixius in suggesting the name. That she would be the one to use it, well, who said the Goddess wasn't grateful?

Action: We'll pray for Aet to Bless our crops
Name the boat the 'Pixius Wanderer'-reward the crafter and his family with a single gift of toys and games, blankets, clothes etc for their next born child.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7