Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: King of Dragon Pass (Strategy/Roleplaying game)[4/4]  (Read 11047 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of Dragon Pass (Strategy/Roleplaying game)[5/5]
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 08:14:23 pm »

[Q] Question the ring what sacrifice their patron god would prefer should we ask him\her for mysteries
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2013, 05:11:45 am »

Kalawey
You sacrifice to Wisp to appease Brandgor, but get nothing in return.

How far to the east? The east part of the tula? Into the mountains? Farther?
Spoiler: Clan Ring (click to show/hide)

Kardarvi
You spend 10 goods to build a fine watchtower.

You send Bolik, who is skilled at combat, 1 weaponthane, and 0 footmen to explore your tula...
Your party is ambushed by desperate bandits! Your party is greatly outnumbered, what should Bolik do?

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Manskinner

Wolani
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 05:55:28 am »

[M] Sacrafice 6 cattle to Eunae to get a mystery

[M] Sacrafice 6 cattle to Morgane to get a mystery
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 06:04:43 am »

Kerendra nodded to Korstardos-he was playing with a knife as usual, spinning it on the flat of his finger without breaking the skin. It was said his knife tricks had won him acclaim many a drinking game-and that delicate flash had wowed many a lady a smile from them, and more besides. Many followers of Baxter had some sort of 'totem' or 'lucky charm'. Korstardos considered his slender, yet deadly blade his-a gift from Baxter, he said, for it had once saved his life during a Troll raid. He had been weaponless and unarmored, and had taken shelter in the nearest home, praying to the Gods to allow him to die with a weapon in hand. The only weapon within the hut was that small knife, sitting casually in a half eaten loaf of bread. Not long after, Korstardos had become a follower of Baxter-citing that only the Glib God would answer his prayers in such a way.

"Take a few ships to the Fire Quartz Clan and attempt to form a agreement of trade. They are friends to us-and this a year to remind our friends we will bring them plenty. Bring food and some of finest gifts-and remember the omens. The Gods are expecting humor." She says, with a smile of her own.

Korstardo's nods back, as if the mission was a frivolous thing. Though, secretly he worries. The whims of the Gods are less easy to please then bar maidens, he thinks, and as usual...it was all quite funny, if you thought of it in that way.

Later, she stood at the banks of the river-spear clutched in hand.

The rest of the ring, minus Kos, stood in attendance, as did a good amount of the rest of the clan. Many had put on their finest, ceremonial clothes-and the ring had arranged itself in guises of the ancient clan ring-Mousta was clad in the armor and panoply of Cartenka the Thinker. Harran held a withered staff and walked with a limp, as Yerdos the Wise. Mosdorl and Kenstrel were arrayed as the brothers Klimpa and Gyulu, the foolish twins.

Pleasing Baxter, they had put up a straw dummy with Kostardo's favorite hat upon it to stand in attendance-and their finest weaponthane took the place of Tillos the Swordmaiden, the last of the ring.

Kerendra faced the river, speaking the ancient words and arcing for a throw.

"Faralinthor! You salted whore! You send your storms to sink my favorite ship, the one built by mine fathers own hand! Eo sends a curse upon you, Lord of salt and misfortune! The Snapping Turtle Clan send to you this foe-spear, varnished with hate!"

And, so she did.

[M]Send Korstardos on a trade mission down the river to the Fire Quartz Tribe with the intent of forming a trade route, bringing 5 weaponthanes as guards. Bring 10 goods and 25 food as gifts, and tell him to be funny! The Gods are watching...
[m]Reenact Eo's throwing of the Spear into the river ritual, to honor our ancestors.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 07:07:51 am »

Warriors. They needed Warriors.

Ashart was surveying the Carls right now to recruit the most promising as Weaponthanes. Marlesta even went as far as recruiting any Clanless Weaponthanes.

While Ashart was dealt with, Marlesta gathered some of the more experienced Thanes for a Cattle Raid against the Blue Jays. She did this in secret knowing that Ashart would disapprove. But he would be occupied looking for Thanes...

[m]Recruit as Many Weaponthanes as possible. Take Carls, Clanless Thanes (and i think there was a third option in the game). Basically recruit the maximum possible.
[M] Cattle Raid the Blue Jays.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 07:54:19 am »

((@Ghaz: It woz this!

))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 08:50:04 am »

[M]Have Bolik charge the bandits.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:20:19 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 11:48:47 am »

I'm going to post to waitlist, watch, and gaze in childlike wonder at the simplicity and goodness of the truth behind it. Or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 02:25:31 pm »

East! Into the mountains!
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 11:00:29 pm »

Kalawey
You send Beneva, 3 weaponthanes, and 30 footmen into the Quivin Mountains at a steady pace.

Beneva comes upon a strange cave. Strange, because looks like it's been carved with tools. An old mine, maybe? If that's the case, you know of no human clan that wields tools that can cut stone so finely.

Kardarvi
Bolik charges the bandits! He and the weaponthane carve through the pathetic rabble. However, they are only able to kill seven men before they are overwhelmed by the others. The weaponthane is killed in combat.

A few days later, one of the bandits enters our clan hall, asking for a ransom of 25 cows worth of goods for Bolik.

Manskinner
You recruit 4 weaponthanes from promising carls, and 5 clanless warriors.

You send 6 weaponthanes and 8 footmen, the default amount, to steal cattle from the Blue Jays. Your force is spotted!

Your 6 weaponthanes and 10 footmen are facing 12 weaponthanes and 24 swordsmen.

Snapping Turtle
You send a medium caravan guarded by 5 weaponthanes and led by Korstardos to the Fire Quartz clan.

Korstardos arrives at the Fire Quartz' tula, bearing gifts. Their chief praises the Sapping Turtle's generosity, but is at first hesitant to start a trade route. Korstardos tells a joke about a farmer that gets to familiar with a sheep. Everyone but the chief laughs, and he demands that Korstardos leave immediately. Later, Korstardos is told that there are nasty rumours floating around about the chief and his animals.

Back home, things go better. Your godi say the ancestors were very pleased with the ritual, and promise safe passage for your boats, and safe travels for your fishermen.

Wolani
Eunae receives the gifts with grace. Your godi learn more of the 'Making of the Storm Tribe' myth!

Morgane recieves the gifts with humility. Your godi learn more of the 'Wisp and Morgane' ritual!
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 11:13:47 pm »

Send 7 of the footmen and a weaponthane in to scout ahead briefly. If they return empty handed, send  Beneva and 2 weaponthanes in.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2013, 02:50:06 am »

Kostardo's seemed properly upbraided. Even his knife was spinning with less enthusiasm than normal.

"I'm sorry, I didn't make a profit, nor did I establish a route. I've wasted our luck..." He said, tipping his head. To his credit, he was sober now-but, he would drink heartily tonight and hope Baxter would send him soothing dreams in his pleasantly drunken haze.

Kerendra raises a hand. "The omen as it read said we must make the Gods laugh-then our next mission would be a success. I think the Gods may have found humor at the admittedly dour chief of the Fire Quartz's expense-by your retelling, it was a very amusing joke. Do not lose hope, Kos." She says-her nickname for him, 'Kos'-they had run together as children, had they not? Fished the same rivers together, and lay on the grass, looking up at the clouds.

But, that happy childhood was long past, and what once had seemed like it would last forever, now seemed so short-a memory on the water is fleeting fast, so the old saying goes.

The rivers were calm. It was yet early spring, and the Snapping Turtle clan's boats were hauling in after a long day. Many of them were full of flopping fish for that nights dinner. The Ancestors spirits were said to have gone with them that day-no one was hurt or lost, and even the young Yokanos who managed to lose his way will arrive sometime later-and, claim he saw his departed fathers skiff floating silently on the water, leading him to safety through the night back to the clans dock.

The farmers, too, have had a tough day sowing the ground-but look forward to that bounty as well. All men of the clan love the water, but most know they can't live on it's bounty alone. The cattle drivers as well, anticipate a summer full of squalling newborns-though, many are somewhat worried none of the clans magic came to them this year.

The Weaponthanes and their shieldmaidens and spearmen and the more professional of the militia drill endlessly-when they aren't drinking-preparing for the short, hot and bloody summers every Orlanthi comes to expect. The youngest warriors are trusted with only shields and warclubs, the traditional weapon of the clan-javelins, spears and clubs are common, for the clan is well known for their woodcraft-few have true swords, and those that do are looked upon as a bit ostentatious. Many of them hope a watch tower is erected, and more Thanes come to arm soon-the Snapping Turtle's have a bad history with being caught by surprise attacks, and having trust betrayed. They want to be prepared...for, it seems their enemies always go for the boats with torches in hand when they have a chance, for the craft are the clans most prized possessions-every family makes their own skiff, that can afford it, and all of them are personalized in the manner of their keepers-and kept lovingly pristine despite their hard use. Many are passed down from father to son, or mother to daughter. They keep them close to their hearts.

Kerendra watches it all from the porch of her humble home, her eyes on the future. Only Harran's hand on her shoulder brings her back to the present, and him.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2013, 05:31:56 am »

Send a party of seven weaponthanes with the ransom, to attack the bandits once they reach the camp to "Deliver" the ransom.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:22:10 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2013, 05:55:47 am »

* Haspen lurks in this thread to have more to read whenever he comes back. Also hate/loves KODP.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2013, 06:19:38 am »

The Enemy was alerted. Grim had slit the throat of the guard too late and now everywhere alarms where raised.

Marlesta needed only a single look to know that the carls would be useless in this skirmish. Grabbing the nearest one she screamed at him.

GET WHAT YOU CAN AND THEN RUN!

Marlesta turned away from the fyrdmen and towards her thanes.

Lets get us some Blue Jay scalps men!

Grinning she hefted her axe and her seax and made ready for the advancing Blue Jays.

Fyrdsmen take whatever cattle they can. The Thanes keep the enemy guards at bay as long as possible before beating a retreat together with the carls.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7