Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: King of Dragon Pass (Strategy/Roleplaying game)[4/4]  (Read 11050 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: King of Dragon Pass (Strategy/Roleplaying game)[5/5]
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 12:46:06 am »

Kalawey
You send 1 weaponthane and 7 footmen into the cave.

Soon after, one of the footmen comes running back, explaining that there's a large cavern lit by glowing mushrooms. Even more pressing; short, human-like creatures can be seen on the cavern floor, milling about. The carl explains that the others are waiting at the top of a ramp leading down.
Spoiler: Clan Ring (click to show/hide)

Kardarvi
You send 7 weaponthanes and 0 footmen with the 25 good ransom.

Hours later, the weaponthanes return with blood on their tunics, Bolik trailing behind.

Manskinner
There was a short battle. Your weaponthanes attempted to stall the Bluejays, but enemy magic overwhelmed them. Much to Marlesta's chagrin, the fyrd broke and retreated before stealing any cattle. She was forced to call a retreat.

2 weaponthanes were killed, and 2 were injured. None of your footmen were killed or injured. The Bluejays lost 1 weaponthane and 2 of their fyrd.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2013, 12:48:35 am »

((No season update now at all or...?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2013, 01:21:50 am »

((@Tar: Kalawey is still doing their explore action, as you must see.))

[Q]Ask Mosdori how good our clans crafters are and how much can they produce. Should we expand their numbers soon?

Mosdori is known to be inscrutable. He rarely speaks over others, but not because of lack of opinion-he's merely listening.

Among those who follow Begnar, he's considered a Bloodletter-one who oversees sacrifices to the Gods, both in blood and craftworks. His stone knife has claimed the lives of hundreds of cattle, sheep and pigs-all in the name of the Gods. Some of the clan joke he's done more damage to their herds in his life, than the Boskovi have with their raids. But, it is a job that must be done, and it must be done carefully-lest clan starve, or Gods grow offended. Orlanthi know of no other way to send food to the Gods tables, save for sacrifice. For this, he is mistrusted and men and women shy away from him-more out of fear and respect, than anything else. He has not married, and is considered to be gaining on the years-something that weighs on his mind. But, his insights into the Gods motives are keen-and though he takes the lives of many animals, they are also his passion and livelihood. He enjoys raising and working with them, and in his deepest heart of hearts, he is a gentle person-a juxtaposition of a man, who can open the throat of a steer with surgical precision and have no qualms, yet occasionally raises injured birds back to health, he finds after heavy storms.

He accept all this, for Begnar cast a long shadow before him as well. And often walked alone.

Ironically, he is the most aggressive member of the Clan Ring, despite not being it's greatest warrior. It's said Begnar can take blood in any form-spilled on the altar, or spilled on the battlefield-and Mosdori is merely doing his duty, though it saddens him. He never lets his emotions come to the surface.

Modori's cold blue eyes scrutinized Kerendra as she addressed him.

"Tell me, Mosdori, what is the state of our clans crafters? How much are we producing? Do we need more? I am considering a proposal for raising a new temple..." She asks him, eagerly.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2013, 11:56:13 pm »

((No season update now at all or...?))

((Just need Lillypad to complete his phase, then we'll move on to the event phase.))

Snapping Turtle

((Sorry, I had his name wrong. It's actually Mosdorl, with an L.))

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2013, 12:53:37 am »

Send Beneva in with the thane and footmen
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 02:43:48 pm »

Send Beneva in with the thane and footmen

Kalawey

Beneva enters the cave and approaches the creatures bravely...

A few days later, Beneva returns to your tula with all the weaponthanes and footmen, carrying a metal helmet. She explains that the Quivmen speak a strange tongue that combines Eunaen with northern dialects. Even with that barrier, she was able to convince them that the Kalaweys were friends of the mountain. They gave her a helmet forged of fine iron as a token of friendship.

She goes on to say that they have no cattle, and raise mushrooms as crops. Their entire society is underground, she explains with excitement.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2013, 03:02:31 pm »

((Season should be over, unless there's something else I'm allowed to do with this event. My two major actions were exploration and sacrificing.))

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2013, 03:09:01 pm »

Impressive effort on this. King of Dragon Pass is a pretty complex game, and it's just tracking one clan in detail!

Posting to watch!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2013, 03:36:39 pm »

1330, Sea

Event Phase
Kalawey
Isac, a child of notable carls, has thrown a tantrum. This would normally fall outside the Ring's responsibilities, but young Isac has defiled your shrine to Begnar! He knocked over the totems, and smeared dung upon the sacred sword! His parents are besides themselves with grief. When they asked Isac why he would do such a thing, he simply shrugged.

Kardarvi
A clanless thane walks into your tula, seeking asylum. He says he's been outlawed and banished from the Badger clan, and only barely escaped their weaponthanes. He says he was outlawed because the chief of the Badger clan hated him, and begs for your help.

Manskinner
A prominent trader from your clan comes to the ring hall with strange news. She confirms that the rumours of a troll caravan are true! Trolls, using giant beetles as beasts of burden, are travelling south to Heortland. They only travel at night, and are currently camped nearby.

Snapping Turtle
Minaryth, a hotheaded young thane of your clan, is causing more trouble. "We have no ambition, we have weak leaders, we worship the weaker gods. A War clan could drive away our enemies and unite the strongest of the clans into an unbeatable tribe! We must use our boats to raid! We must destroy the Boskovi! For Bade! For Begnar!" Some of the weaponthanes support Minaryth, but most others ignore him.

Wolani

A dog breeder comes running into the clan hall with worrying news. One of his pups has purple eyes, white fur, and growls with the strength of a wolf! The breeder has heard the godi whisper, and worries for his dogs.

Impressive effort on this. King of Dragon Pass is a pretty complex game, and it's just tracking one clan in detail!

Posting to watch!

((Thanks. My calculations aren't as accurate as the game, of course, but I still try!))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2013, 03:46:23 pm »

[M] Send Urenstand to trade with the trolls, especially try to establish a Trade Route with them and figure out what they would be interested to trade in.
[M] Send Harbard and 5 Weaponthanes as well as 12 Carls to explore the Tula

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2013, 03:51:57 pm »

A point of magic to cleanse the shrine and Sacrifice 25 goods to Begnar in repentance
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:27:47 pm by Lillipad »

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2013, 03:59:11 pm »

((Oops, sorry, I should of clarified. During the event phase, you simply respond to the event. You don't have to track your actions, but everything you do has to do with the event in question.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2013, 04:09:34 pm »

Conduct a divination.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2013, 04:26:37 pm »

((Tantrums everywhere!))

Kerendra knew Minaryth. He had been one of the voices raised against her during the moot-along with Aransanda, both of whom were considered some of the clans strongest warriors, both full blooded in their youth. But, in the end, the warriors had chosen her, the proper chieftain of a peace clan.

He had always been hot headed, gifted with a relentless nature, and an impeccable aim with a throwing spear-despite his temper, he was great motivator of men and women-fast on track to becoming a warleader himself. It was thought by the clan members, that when Mousta finally died (Being very old and very stubborn), he would make a claim for her seat before the body hit the floor.

His father had been a great warrior as well-and had been so feared and hated by the Boskovi they had stopped trying to kill him with weapons-instead, one of their more clever members had tracked him as he walked about the Tula on patrol, and shifted a massive rock-slide onto him as he stopped to rest for lunch. The feud with the Boskovi had only gotten worse since then...and, Minayrth had always been in the thick of it, as soon as he could swing his axe...collecting kills to honor his fathers angry spirit-which sometimes still literally charged out from the afterlife and attacked the hated Boskovi with his glowing spectral sword, should they venture near the tula.

Kerenedra thought this was a decent test of her leadership abilities....Mousta was Warleader, and all the Thanes respected her words. She could handle the impudent pup in a proper manner. The Ancestors were on her side.

She gave the old warrior woman a subtle glance, and she spoke up on cue.

Mousta was the oldest of the ring, alongside Hourlaw-and, almost the oldest living member of the clan. She had, for the longest time, enjoyed being an adventurer-honoring Pixus by traveling the wilds of the Dragon Pass, seeking treasure and glory. Her stories never failed to entertain-tales of amazing battles, hot blooded romance, and terrible beasts laid low. She had been strong and cunning, and even in her old age one could see she had once been as beautiful as a summer day, the desire of any man she would have wished-no less so now, except perhaps to those more venerable. She no longer traveled the world, but was content to rest for the remainder of her years with her husband Jon, who had traveled alongside her for the sum of their lives-giving her skills to the clan as long as she was able.

It's suspected she was not as fast as she once was, but she was still said to be able to crush a stone into dust with her bare hands. She in fact, usually fought with no weapon but a pair of thick ironshod gloves-she was still a powerful wrestler-preferring to crush, strangle and bludgeon her enemies into the afterlife. In battle, those who saw her were said to drop their own weapons and run, for she enjoyed tearing even the most well made spear or axe out of a hapless warriors grip with one hand, and crushing his skull with the other. So the legends went.

But, her killing hands were only a part of the legend. She embodied the greatest ideal of the clans warriors-that, strength should be used to earn peace...that one should fight for a reason, not merely to soak the ground in blood. Many agreed, had Mousta desired it, she could have used her skills to lead the clan. But, she has never desired more than a strong drink, and a fire to warm her feet at the end of the day.

She cracks her knuckles now-a echoing dry boom that never fails to get attention-and favors the young man with her killing smile. Though, she's only going to kill his desire for bloodlust, hopefully. Mousta knows the young man would thank the Gods if she fell over dead in the dining hall at the moment. He wants to lead, and will never be truly happy until he does...a part of her understands this, but, she also knows one must temper a blade with cool water to produce the sharpest edge.

Action: Have Mousta explain why our Clan is a peaceful one, and how a warriors honor comes not only from killing mighty foes, but preserving that which they fight to protect...home, hearth and family.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:29:11 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2013, 12:57:26 am »

Kalawey
Your godi work hard on the shrine for several days, sacrificing and repenting. After a while, they say that Begnar is satisfied and the shrine is once again pure and holy.

Kardarvi
The godi say that signs are conflicting, but they think that the gods are on the man's side.

Manskinner
You send Urenstand alone with some valuables to deal with the trolls.

Things don't seem to go well, at first. Urenstand enters (or rather, sneaks) into the camp without drawing suspicion, only to purposely startle a dark troll with trickster magic. He is dragged to the caravan leader, who he babbles incoherently at for some time. Just when the troll leader is about to slit his throat and be done with it, Urenstand calmly shows him his prized golden dagger, and offers to trade. From there, things go well...

Urenstand returns hours later, with an excess of 24 goods!

Snapping Turtle
Mousta explains the duty of a warrior with authority and resolve. At the end of the speech, everyone in the hall is either nodding in agreement or applauding Mousta's wisdom. That is, everyone except for Minaryth. He grumbles under his breath and leaves the hall.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7