Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854750 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2010 on: November 29, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »

There are a lot of times I've had entities with hauling capacity greater than stack size. Too bad that (vanilla) hauling limits to the lesser of one stack at a time or carrying capacity.
In the past I've tried several inventory/hauling mods, but I couldn't find any that performed without bugs. Lately I've just been using a stack size increasing mod. Sorta cheaty, in that I no longer need massive stockpiles, and I can also finally take advantage of carrying capacities. Still doesn't allow for hauling more than one kind of item at a time though. Battlefield cleanup is still a chore.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 29, 2016, 10:03:36 pm »

Yaknow, its amazing when people working on installing an eye manage to remove the persons pelvis. Just... How? And why cant we go and fix that? For that matter, why is repairing a broken bone something thats not in vanilla?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 29, 2016, 11:55:53 pm »

Yeah, the medical system is amusing at times but a generally too nonsensical. Death from blood loss, shock, and infection should be much more common than strange blunders involving completely different parts of the body than the part being operated on.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 30, 2016, 03:35:50 am »

There are a lot of times I've had entities with hauling capacity greater than stack size. Too bad that (vanilla) hauling limits to the lesser of one stack at a time or carrying capacity.
In the past I've tried several inventory/hauling mods, but I couldn't find any that performed without bugs. Lately I've just been using a stack size increasing mod. Sorta cheaty, in that I no longer need massive stockpiles, and I can also finally take advantage of carrying capacities. Still doesn't allow for hauling more than one kind of item at a time though. Battlefield cleanup is still a chore.
That is why i get cremation as fast as possible and burn the corpse, and make sure my crematorium is set in the middle of a stockple, instead of doin 12-15 trip, as soon the fight is over, each one bring a corpse back to base then only weapons remain. if you are raid heavy, making a couple rematorium in a couple max sized room with stockpile mean very little hauling after a fight, and as the stockpile fills up you can always stop using the crematorium on a stockpile and switch the other on.

Last modpack i played was hardcore-SK like but with only one modification, i made mending not use any material, and take a decent chunk of time to repair pretty much anything, but it meant i had a steady supply of all sort of items, from firearms to armor/clothing, and with infusion mod installed that make it quite interesting. Once had a colonist moving 28cell a second...... hyperactive squirrel on speed during a high of crack, just a little faster he would go back in time.... Needless to say he was my long range hauler hehehe.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:39:13 am by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 30, 2016, 07:49:10 am »

So I'm the only one who actually surrounds the base with a circle of graves? Hey, it even has a mood effect, colonist sometimes go gloat on the graves. Well, it says they mourn or something, but I like to think they are gloating at all the dead raiders.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2015 on: November 30, 2016, 11:43:24 am »

Definitely not, Majestic. I almost always have a field of graves dug in the path of approaching enemies.
I tend to move to cremation eventually, but that's rarely in less than a year, and there's plenty of bodies to deal with before then.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 30, 2016, 04:45:16 pm »

Heh, I just had a double marriage. Two couples got married at the same time, standing in line for the wedding spot. One big party ensued.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 30, 2016, 04:50:34 pm »

Thats really cool.

On the subject of graves, I typically keep some around for my colonists in a pseudo park, but I burn all outsiders.
Highly Opinionated Fool

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: December 01, 2016, 02:51:41 pm »

Dang, jungles are apparetly unhealthy. Within just 2 days, my colonists were affected by sleeping sickness, gut worm, and muscle parasites. My medics are now tag-team treating each other before anything else  :D

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2019 on: December 01, 2016, 03:12:35 pm »

Dem mosquitoes tho. >:(

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: December 01, 2016, 04:18:11 pm »

Yeah, that immunity is taking forever.

On a very fitting note, my gut worm plagued, sleepy artist Dafo just finished a grand statue.

"White Sadness.
This carving bears an artwork of Dan 'Dafo' Hansen looking disgusted while covered in dried vomit as others look on.
He looks almost deflated, as though totally emptied by the intense vomiting. The smiling head of an artist watches over all.
The work suggests the concept of suffering. This illustration relates to Dafo's vomiting on 9th of spring, 5501"

lol.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: December 01, 2016, 05:24:57 pm »

Yeah, that immunity is taking forever.

On a very fitting note, my gut worm plagued, sleepy artist Dafo just finished a grand statue.

"White Sadness.
This carving bears an artwork of Dan 'Dafo' Hansen looking disgusted while covered in dried vomit as others look on.
He looks almost deflated, as though totally emptied by the intense vomiting. The smiling head of an artist watches over all.
The work suggests the concept of suffering. This illustration relates to Dafo's vomiting on 9th of spring, 5501"

lol.

The greatest piece of art since Planepacked.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: December 01, 2016, 06:09:06 pm »

So, hes disgusted, covered in vomit and deflated while his giant floating head smiles at him...

Tell me, what drugs was he being treated with?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: December 01, 2016, 07:23:54 pm »

I generally use greaves to cover the wind zone of my wind mills. Graves don't count as blocking.

Plus Graves are fun because you can see how many enemies you have murdered.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: December 01, 2016, 08:52:15 pm »

If it helps any solar panels don't block them either.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 280