Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854152 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1605 on: August 18, 2016, 08:34:41 am »

Is it possible to download someone else's save? I would love to play as the 1 wanderer who comes and finds a destroyed base on some level.

I think there's a mod that generates maps w/ ruins.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 18, 2016, 08:39:29 am »

Better ruins anyways.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 18, 2016, 09:39:08 am »

Been playing this game nonstop for the past week, wow.

Is there something like medieval mod but without the ridiculous quantity of extra clothes? I hate clothes.

I think there is some kind of electric smelter/forge that burns them for you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 18, 2016, 10:15:38 am »

The incinerator(Theres also a mod for reclaiming fabric from clothing which is nice). However, I think that what is being asked is if there is a medieval mod without the extra clothing being added.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 18, 2016, 01:45:29 pm »

Well, there's something of an odd bug I've found that I suspect ISN'T caused by mods because it happened in a13 as well.

There's a wolf on this map. It apparently exists, but it's... not there. I can click on it, set it to be slaughtered and everything (I somehow tamed it), but it's immobile, invisible, doesn't starve, doesn't need to sleep, and is actually unkillable. I set it to be slaughtered and the person removed its neck about 9 times before I told them to stop. The game says the wolf is dead but it's still there, it's on the animal tab and everything.

Devmode delete?

Just had the presence of mind to copy my files and set Steam to Offline mode. I want the option to wait for the modders to catch up.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 18, 2016, 01:59:20 pm »

Reloading fixed that bug.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure the game purposely wants me to die of medical malpractice this game or something. Every time disease strikes it strikes the half (literally half, if not more) of my colonists that are good at medicine. The only one unaffected is slow as balls at everything because she has one eye cut out and the other one has a scar taking 9/10 HP out of it AND a cataract.
Find the least useful colonist, remove his eyes and give them to the doctor.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 18, 2016, 02:43:44 pm »

They even snipe-hit turtles who happen to just pass by midway through the line of fire. (Good sniper rifle, skill 15 or whatever). Every object really needs a height value (and probabilities arising from differences in initial conditions, i.e. a bullet ballistics centered approach, and not from throwing a dice whenever something is along the way in the horizontal plane). No need for additional z-levels, it's ok, but trajectories can still be simulated as if there was height!

I play permadeath, but for real unbelievable things, like FF, I go through the hassle of unplugging my ethernet and killing the process. :P

Another thing. The room lights require 150W. Heaters 100W. Thermodynamics! Why do I get more heat from the heater? :P

A bulb is ~50W, if we don't count those evil LEDs. A heater is like 1000W or more (electric heating is really a waste of "free energy" (unless combined with e.g. geothermal energy)). Would be nice with a fireplace/stove made of stone/tile/cast iron (that dominates effecient heating up till late mid game), i.e. what we really need is a pechka-mod:

Notice that you sleep on it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:45:22 pm by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 18, 2016, 02:55:37 pm »

Realistic Combat or somesuch fixes that. I believe a paraphrased quote is "no more hitting squirrels directly behind sandbags".
Black lives matter.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 18, 2016, 04:37:30 pm »

Infestations are just... No. I currently have them disabled in all my games, and may (keyword being may) turn them back on  after the next update.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 18, 2016, 07:55:19 pm »

Prisoners with infection add a penalty if they die. "Innocent prisoner died" with a tooltip that there are better ways like a "proper execution". But, if you treat the prisoner, you at least try, and everyone's got to understand that. Penalty is bigger than when a colonist dies I think.

I experience toxic fallout for the first time, and it's a bit nice as it changes gameplay a little bit, but not sure if I can hold out for a month (season?). Bad thing is that there's a "caravan" of traders and a simultaneous melee raid outside. Doesn't bode well for my neighbourly relations. :'( (Also a penalty that should be checked, but good with a bonus for patching people up).

Infestation sounds like some nice feature down the road.    :D
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 18, 2016, 08:22:46 pm »

I'm under siege, they brought pretty good numbers and by some stroke of luck they put themselves in a small clearing that's surrounded by mountains with only three narrow points of entry. I'm counting two launchers, handful of snipers, and some shielded melee units in addition to mid range weaponry. I'm moving my men to strategic positions and trying to strategically place a heavy machine gun when I get a notification: Friendlies. The cavalry has come to save the day! To dig out the heavily entrenched enemy they sent a middle aged biologist with a bad back and and a .22 and a teenage nudist with a shiv.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:26:00 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 18, 2016, 09:20:55 pm »

Just lost a promising colony to Alpha Beavers. Well...to be more precise I lost the colony due to a lack of medicine, but it's the beaver's fault.

I got a notification that they had moved into the area and were going to deforest everything if I didn't kill them. Not thinking about it too much I just set all of them to hunting targets and got back to working on my new Geothermal plant. Turns out, they ALL go hostile on you if you attack one, so my poor hunter got chased all the way back into the town by them. I set up my entire colony (minus the pacifist doctor) into a firing line and fought back. We killed them, but every single colonist was hit with multiple bite wounds. Wounds which, it turns out, seem to get infected 100% of the time.

My poor doc ran herself ragged trying to cure all of them, but we ran out of medicine with everyone in bed with a serious infection.

RIP colony.

I guess now I know to just let the beavers eat all the trees next time unless I've got something better than survival rifles to use against them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 18, 2016, 10:21:13 pm »

I'm not sure if that's from a mod or a different version or something. I think I have Alpha 14 and alphabeavers will gladly let me slaughter them one by one every time.
Black lives matter.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 19, 2016, 12:11:57 am »

I'm not sure if that's from a mod or a different version or something. I think I have Alpha 14 and alphabeavers will gladly let me slaughter them one by one every time.

No mods and it's the current version. Maybe I just got a really angry pack?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 19, 2016, 06:23:50 am »

Yeah there's a random chance of anything you are hunting to go berserk.  Also, all the infections were probably because where they were waiting to be rescued or the hospital itself was very filthy since I'm pretty sure dirt around patients increases infection chance.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 280