Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 853935 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2014, 04:06:26 am »

I think when 'casual' gets too hot, I'll just switch to Randy. I'll start seeing pistoleers n such again! :D
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2014, 07:30:03 pm »

Something is really wrong with the scaling of number of enemies in this game.  'Builder' Difficulty.  35 zombies with my big expensive turreted base(Missile launcher is pretty awesome).  The next level above that is 5x the numbers... if you do the maths with Builder at 5% and the next level is 25%...   and its not just the zombies that get bloated.

What the heck?  I get huge slow downs from the Casual 25% difficulty.  (Though, this time around, I did turn off the buzzant event from the TTM mod.  It really does add a lot of annoying bodies.)

I did modify storyteller population numbers if that did something...

EDIT: Yea, I dropped down from casual to builder cause of the sheer numbers.  But now it is too small.  Need a good middle ground.  Though, I guess I could specifically set things up to manage the masses of dead bodies.... rather then cremation, employing the missile launcher and miscellaneous explosives, while setting up a killzone that would allow me to use either/both.
Just throw some Molotovs in there and watch the bonfire.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 16, 2014, 08:46:08 am »

I just discovered this game, and I have to say it looks quite impressive, especially for an alpha! Also, the Dev is local, which is a bonus, and I plan to purchase as soon as I can (supporting local businesses!).

EDIT: Well, I think it's local? Or close? There's two different locations listed in different places. But hey, close enough!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:48:32 am by timferius »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 16, 2014, 09:26:57 am »

... Outlanders kidnapped all my prisoners, after a big arse fight with many pirate incapacitated.

* Zangi closes out game, downloads colonist only door and installs it to prison.

It is also me or temperate biome rains way too much. (Added farming of agave, cause no way to get any agave otherwise on that biome.)  I choose a lower rainfall area so I could get wildfires spanning the whole map going.  Maybe it is not implemented.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 16, 2014, 01:12:44 pm »

I'll probably be getting this once it makes it to Steam. I just have a thing about not being able to easily download and install, and get updates, through one system. I think it's called laziness, but I can't be sure.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2014, 02:15:01 pm »

I know for a fact that both Cassandra and Phoebe will trigger rain once the amount of fire on the map passes a certain threshold.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2014, 06:48:58 pm »

Yeah, fire is limited since it's not optimized & 'MUH FRAMES'.

I'll probably be getting this once it makes it to Steam. I just have a thing about not being able to easily download and install, and get updates, through one system. I think it's called laziness, but I can't be sure.
DF's not on steam :3
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2014, 10:35:14 pm »

DF's not on steam :3
I didn't have to purchase Dwarf Fortress either.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #623 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:02 pm »

Ya get a steam key when it's released there, if you buy beforehand.
Badges of honor

TynanSylvester

• Bay Watcher
  • Void lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:52 am »

Greetings dorfs. Just a quick update that we released Alpha 7 today.

http://ludeon.com/blog/2014/10/alpha-7-things-made-of-stuff-released/

Change summary:
-Stuff system allows you to build walls, furniture, and other structures out of arbitrary materials.
-New stats system for calculating and reporting thing stats from skill, race, stuff, and other factors.
-There are now multiple types of stone: sandstone, granite, marble, slate, and limestone.
-There are now multiple mineable minerals: metal, silver, gold, plasteel.
-Leather harvesting from animals, and cloth harvesting from cotton crops. Special space-tech cloth types.
-Make clothing from arbitrary fabrics or leathers.
-Reworked damage deflection chance per-damagetype armor system. Some animals and mechanoids have natural armor.
-New biome: tropical rainforest. A choking, disease-infested jungle. Disease rates are linked to biomes.
-Prosthetic limbs, from simple to complex: peg legs, wood dentures, simple prosthetics, enhanced bionic limbs and eyes.
-Organ harvesting and transplanting.
-Diseases: flu, plague, malaria, sleeping sickness.
-Chronic conditions (age-related): Cataracts, bad back
-A bunch of new traits. Brawler, prosthophile, and more
-New trade system and interface.
-Traders carry and buy any item, including prosthetics, neurotrainers, organs, slaves, weapons, apparel, commodities.
-Neutrotrainers: Matrix-style instant training devices.
-Lockable doors
-Melee weapons: Club, knife, spear, shiv, short sword
-New animals: cobra, monkey, camel, tortoise, boar, rhino.
-Storyteller redesigned and rebalanced.
-Visitors carry their own food and hopefully won’t raid your food supplies.
-Translations can be set to avoid using tiny text (useful for Asian languages where tiny characters are unreadable).
-Rewritten credits system integrates translator credits from each translation automatically.
-Piles of other additions, fixes, and tunings.
rimworldgame.com

tynansylvester.com

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 01, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »

Woohoo leather walls! :D

EDIT: Wish there was an easier way to create a growing zone in rich soil, since it's very hard to see because of the grass, if I want to use every tile in a really irregular rich area I have to constantly switch off the panel then hover to see which tiles are fertile.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:46:35 pm by Sergius »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 02, 2014, 05:32:51 am »

Whoa, I just played it for the first time since the original release. I really like the changes, especially the stuff like passion. And I like that dwarves have been worked into the lore, despite the lore leaning on the realistic :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 02, 2014, 07:08:45 am »

Now we can steal organs? Wooo! I never knew it before, but I've always wanted to be a kidnapper-and-neolithic-surgeon-organ-thief. Next on the menu: pirate liver soup!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #628 on: October 02, 2014, 07:26:35 am »

Badges of honor

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 02, 2014, 10:52:24 pm »

Now we can steal organs? Wooo! I never knew it before, but I've always wanted to be a kidnapper-and-neolithic-surgeon-organ-thief. Next on the menu: pirate liver soup!

I love that the game's designed for things like that. I think there was a trait or something where the character doesn't get traumatized by eating and butchering people.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 280