Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854608 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1275 on: July 16, 2016, 11:25:15 pm »

Wait until you get attacked by raiders, a very effective form of earning money is removing all their limbs and organs then killing them and effectively selling their bodies.

Just a tip: You actually have to have a colonist drafted and right click on a stunned attacker to take them prisoner. Didn't know that at first.

I butchered my first raider instead. Was a good decision. Started on a mountain tundra. Couldn't farm. Hydro pods still weren't up so made a goo dispenser and stocked it with the meat.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 17, 2016, 12:10:49 am »

IIRC, you can build a room and, so long as it has a roof, put some heaters and a sunlight in it and you should be able to grow crops when it's too cold like that if hydroponics is still a bit of a ways off.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 17, 2016, 02:40:04 am »

IIRC, you can build a room and, so long as it has a roof, put some heaters and a sunlight in it and you should be able to grow crops when it's too cold like that if hydroponics is still a bit of a ways off.
That's my favorite way to farm.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 17, 2016, 02:46:01 am »

Cheap and distracts them from your main base because there's stuff they can brake. Very effective.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 17, 2016, 08:30:10 am »

Wait until you get attacked by raiders, a very effective form of earning money is removing all their limbs and organs then killing them and effectively selling their bodies.

Just a tip: You actually have to have a colonist drafted and right click on a stunned attacker to take them prisoner. Didn't know that at first.
Unless I am missing something you can't actually take peoples limbs anymore.  Which also makes it kinda necessary to have a mod that lets you make hook hands and stuff.  Lost 3 colonies in the new version already cause people keep losing both their bloody arms.
Nom nom nom

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1280 on: July 17, 2016, 09:29:58 am »

I thought basic (peg or w/e) and advanced (bionic?) versions of prosthesis were in the base game?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 17, 2016, 09:31:40 am »

You can get peglegs but not make any sort of basic prosthetic arm.  As far as I can tell you can only get arm replacements now if you buy them from traders and when literally no one has either arm to do any labor it's kinda impossible to advance to the point of having a comms console to try and get them some.

Normally I'd over come this early game issue by salvaging raiders for spare parts but it seems I am cursed to lose arms and hands every siege with no option to stick them back on anymore.
Nom nom nom

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1282 on: July 17, 2016, 10:25:06 am »

Ah, yea. Not being able to trade for them is a limiting factor. :P

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 17, 2016, 12:04:38 pm »

Don't like something in the base game? Mods. Think the game's too easy? Mods. Want more stuff to do? Mods. That's all I can really tell you :P

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 17, 2016, 02:40:51 pm »

Some travellers came by and one started a fight, beating one of my settlers unconscious. I arrested him and suddenly I'm the bad guy. Fine, if it's going to be that way then I'm going to go through all my settlers and see if anybody's organs are looking a little haggard. I know one of my newer guys has minor asthma, nothing a double lobe transplant can't fix, since I'm in such a nice mood I'll let the jailbird have one of the sick lungs.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 17, 2016, 02:44:12 pm »

Just remember to transplant them one at a time.  Can't live with no active lungs!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 17, 2016, 03:05:25 pm »

As it turns out the Expanded Prostheses mod disables natural transplants, huge letdown.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 17, 2016, 03:19:32 pm »

What do you mean?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 17, 2016, 03:25:03 pm »

In the base game you can chop up raiders and replace your colonist organs with theirs, with the mod you can't do that.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 17, 2016, 03:28:04 pm »

To fix bugs and prevent exploits the latest version of the Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering Mod doesn't let you take out a person's organ and put it back in them or anyone else. It also removes your ability to remove limbs with surgery. It's a damn shame because ,as the name suggests, it allows you to create synthetic organs and advanced prosthetics.  I'm disabling it, I am not here to improve people's lives with science I'm here for evil. 
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 280