Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [DF 34.11]Fikodtun, Land of the Loving  (Read 10961 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11]Fikodtun, Land of the Loving
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2013, 12:18:50 pm »

Personally I like a bite-a-day
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2013, 06:57:05 am »

Excerpt from Overseer's Log:

Progress has been ongoing.

The local manager flagged me down earlier this morning. "Sir, the new areas for the happiness generators have been dug out, along with the power generation area."

"Excellent!" I exclaim. "Lets have them start on the new wing for the bedrooms, as there's not nearly enough, and the mayor has been whining all month for better quarters. Next up though is the pumps. Lets have them make nice wooden pumps. The masons have been making cabinets, doors, rock pots, and coffers. Cycle their jobs, get another 30 in production."

"Err, that's going to be a problem sir" replies the manager, showing a bit of discomfort.

"Why, we cant be out of rocks."

"Err, no sir, the problem is with the pumps. We are rather low on wood, and the area outside is rather barren, tree wise. We wont be able to create the beds for the expanded bedrooms if we do that"

"Ahh... that would be a problem, wouldnt it"

Purplexed, I ponder the problem.

"How about making them out of metal. We can make the pipe sections and corkscrews out of metal, and the blocks out of stone."

"We have no fuel sir. We have the ore, but no way to smelt it."

"Well then, there's only one way to go."

"What way is that, sir?" replying with a perplexed look

"Why, we dig down of course! Dwarves need to be in the bowels of the earth, not sitting above sea level. Lets get some FIRE working on our side!"

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:12:31 am by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2013, 04:51:24 am »

I have had one hell of a month.

Throughout system crashes, restoration of said system, hospital trips, family issues, and the like, i have not been able to put in literally any time, and it doesn't look like i'll be able to do so for at least 3 more days. It's gotten so bad that i've been on 2-3 hours a night of sleep, and tbh, DF was the farthest thing on my mind.

I am uploading what i currently have (a version that i uploaded to dropbox BEFORE the disk became corrupted), if you want to pick up sooner than what i can deliver, which would be next weekend at the earliest.

Save

Signing off to get 3 hours of sleep before another series of projects/tests/hospital trips...

I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2013, 08:46:51 am »

Good luck with everything.  Don't worry about the game, it's just a game.  I hope things calm down for you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2013, 11:57:32 am »

Good luck with everything.  Don't worry about the game, it's just a game.  I hope things calm down for you.

I concur.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]