Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44105 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Judgement: The newest form of fighting over a corpse
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2013, 06:23:35 am »

(( Well thats gonna be fun, the first thing my animal lover finds is a guy torturing an animal. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2013, 08:16:40 am »

((Torturing?  I was just wondering if the collar would allow it to obey me.  If it works, then I will use the rune-stone to subdue dangerous beasts by making it into a bola.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:42 am »

(( Using magic to force obediance is torture to Harvey who lives in the wilds with the animals all the time and treats them as equals. ))

Harvey runs out of the forest and swipes the bound wolf before yanking the collar off.

" You monster!! What did the little thing ever do to you? Torture is wrong!!!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:56:15 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2013, 02:35:52 pm »

((I'm with patrick on this- And so is my Char. As a hunter, he's trained many dogs to hunt, and he's grown to love all dogs and their relatives. So if he ever saw that collar...))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2013, 04:57:03 pm »

Danath jumps back as a stranger runs out of the forest towards him.

"Hey, are you another survivor?"

The man ignores his question, and runs up to the wolf, snatching it away and pulling off the collar, shouting about torture.

"Um, ok...  Sorry if I upset you, I'll practice with the runestone some other way..   Do you want to come in?  We have food and water if you need it."

Danath picks up the rune-stone from the floor before showing the stranger around.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2013, 05:32:35 pm »

Harvey sits petting the wolf.

I'm fine, I've lived like this my entire life.

Make friends with Waldo.
Caine's law.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2013, 05:48:07 pm »

(( Hey pat, I just realized how much of an Ass I've been to you. Probably because today is the only day that I slept for at least 6 hours :P So yeah, I want to offer my formal apology. I hope that in the future, when my character HOPEFULLY rejoins you guys, we can be friends. :))))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2013, 07:48:44 pm »

Collect rocks inside the cave. Welcome the stranger.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2013, 08:37:41 pm »

Continue working on improving my entrances to the cave.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2013, 12:09:48 am »

((Had a little bit too much RL happen today. Will post update tomorrow.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2013, 10:52:12 am »

Snap back from daydream and starts singing a song for the dead.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Despite the torrential downpour, Rune was entirely unable to find any leaves to drink from (1). Instead of broad leaves, he found small rough ones, which gave him insignificant but irritating pricks. Setting off to look for something edible, he found only plants he recognized as poisonous.

Draco, about to experiment with his recently crafted runestone, was interrupted by the stranger yelling something about animal torture. Not wanting to start any fights after the recent tragedy, he relinquished control of the wolf to the stranger and welcomed him into the cave.

Patrick, after having interrupted Draco's attempt to manipulate Waldo, began trying to approach the trapped creature, and succeeded in placating it to a degree. (4)

In a swirling vortex of souls, Tomcost began trying to climb his way up the strand connecting him to reality. (4) Some of the souls noticed him at this point and began flying closer, begging and pleading for him to take them with him.

Persus, noticing the cave entrance is still quite shabby, took an ax to the branches of the tree just outside the entrance and used them to make a bar to lock the door from the inside, providing an extra degree of security. (4)

Scapheap snapped out of his stunned condition and began singing a dirge out of key to lament the fallen. (3)

Urist searched around in the dry cave for some more rocks to be used to improve the survivors situation, and found some shiny black rocks with rather sharp edges. (5)

Meanwhile, the weather cleared up, the rain clouds dissipating in the sky to leave a bright sun shining through. The weather is getting chillier though.

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Alex Shater (Urist) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Rune (Coolrune) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:23:52 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Paths are split
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2013, 03:57:44 pm »

((Well crap, I never wanted to be cut off from the group. Assume rune commits suicide for what he's done, and I'll come back as a survivor washing up on the shore. He has a blacksmith's hammer and a lump of metal he calls an "Anvil". He has a beard, and looks sorta inquisitive with his one raised eyebrow))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Paths are split
« Reply #329 on: September 27, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »

(Don't we have a waitlist?)

Smirk at my accomplishment, then call a meeting to determine group ethics, leadership, and cooperation.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35