Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44128 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Yes. I'm also going to add some backstory.

Rune glanced a little bit closer to patrick's face at the mention of him being an assassin. Suddenly, Rune lept upon him and started pummeling him until he mercifully snapped patrick's neck. "I know this guy. This guy was the man that killed the baron that was in my district. I got a glance at him as he fled the tower- I took a few shots at him and hit him in the lower left leg." Coolrune checked the leg, "Yep, there's a scar. This is the asshole that killed fair Baron James, and plunged our sector into chaos. I feel no guilt for killing him,"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((General RP rule: don't create a backstory for any character other than yours))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((General RP rule: don't create a backstory for any character other than yours))
Patrick is dead. So yeah. I can.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Yeah I don't have any scars on my leg, your just meta gaming and trying to invent a reason so it doesn't look like it.

Hard to explain you attacked me for a non existent scar on a leg covered by trousers. Wanna invent a new excuse to meta game? Not to mention you have no idea where I lived and I never killed anyone important.  ))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:04:10 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - More cave monsters, but less tantrumming!
« Reply #289 on: September 24, 2013, 07:06:30 pm »

((I agree, don't bother with backstory for this. Your characters all started fighting over corpses, it escalated, and here we are. Nothing more than that is necessary as explanation.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Patrick is dead. So yeah. I can.
((When did he die?))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( I didn't yet, he decided to alter his action from attacking me to killing me. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((One should not assume the result of an action beforehand. The die can fail you))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damnit. I like RP too much. And I've played TTT and gotten used to make excuses for killing people. Okay. Fine. We're arguing over the bodies, and I get violent  ::)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Yup, 0 interaction then you randomly attacking me is arguing. ))
Caine's law.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

((I'm posting this without Scapheap in the hopes of resolving some stuff))

As the previous events close Patrick and Rune immediately descend upon each other with clear malicious intent. Dagger raised, Patrick tries to strike Rune down. Rune is forced to resort to using fists to defend himself. (Patrick 2 vs Rune 5) Patrick’s daggers miss Rune entirely, and Rune grabs a hold of Patricks wrist, driving the dagger backwards into his chest. Patrick slumps to the ground unceremoniously, dead. A pool of blood begins to form.

Scapheap looks on in stunned silence, unsure of what to do.

Rune coolly walks away from the corpse and tries to focus on tracking prey more typical of his profession. He focuses his mind on the idea of tracking and channels energy towards this goal. (1-1, 4) He manages to scare every bird in the vicinity into flight, and from the rustling noises everything else has probably run away too. The area is now devoid of wildlife, but at least Rune feels the energy leave his body without effect.

Draco having escaped the scene of the fight before it happened, grabs a stone and begins carving into it. (4) He focuses on the idea of drawing a rune to control things, and the idea of three interlocked squares enters his mind. He carves this shape into the stone. Pushing a low level of energy into this stone, he has the ability to move it small amounts, and has a sense for the fact that this rune can be used in multiple different acts of control.

Persus notices that the only protection from roaming creatures consists of shoddily made doors. (3) All he manages to do to help the solution is tie a couple more vines around the outer door.

Urist gets to work making some more weaponry besides small daggers. (6) He manages to make a small armory, 3 crude wood spears and 2 crude stone axes. The spears should be effective at messing up the internal organs of various threats, while the axes could cleave off extremities. Urist gains survival craftsman trait, +1 to crafting objects using crude supplies.

Tomcost takes one of the sticks not used in Urist’s armory. (5) He promptly impales the beasts skull on it, making a fierce looking totem.

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Alex Shater (Urist) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Rune (Coolrune) (click to show/hide)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Well good luck with the meta gamer. ))
Caine's law.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Look up the judgement on murder in my holy book. I know it's bad, I just want to check on the exact punishment.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tomcost called everyone to a meeting:

-Everyone come here, now! A foul act has been comitted, and we have to decide what to do about it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Judgement: The newest form of fighting over a corpse
« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2013, 08:11:50 pm »

Byeeeeeeeee! I run out the door of the cave, climb a tree, and carve simple runes in the trunk used to empower the casting of spells.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35