Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Innkeeper (Back in business!)  (Read 9261 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Innkeeper
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2013, 08:24:46 pm »

Tell them about the troll, and tell them that when they take it out we have a bigger challenge.
+1
I summon thee lazy 1+ers to come!
U...um, what? Oh yeah, *long and contagious yawn*, yes, yes, what did I have to do again? Oh, right, never mind...

+1!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2013, 08:27:35 pm »

Tell them about the troll, and tell them that when they take it out we have a bigger challenge.
+1
I summon thee lazy 1+ers to come!
U...um, what? Oh yeah, *long and contagious yawn*, yes, yes, what did I have to do again? Oh, right, never mind...

+1!
PTW/+1
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 11:50:10 pm »

Day Two

You hand them a Quest Crystal, and as the Mage grips it the crystal morphs into a glowing scroll. He accepts it and signs his name on the scroll. These things were required for bigger parties, the big heroes at the top wanted to ensure that people got what they were owed.

"Now, I want you to slay the Troll in the Deep Woods."

"What's the reward?"

"Didn't you want to level up? This is your ticket to the raiding party! Plus, I'v got an even tougher quest for you if you prove yourself here."

"Hm, alright. We'll be on our way."

The party leaves, and you continue to check up on Artemis. She seems to be feeling better, and the others save Minerva return to their posts and continue serving customers downstairs. NPCs ordered 2 more Stale Bread and 3 more Cold Soup. You're out of Bread, but you've gained $16! The day goes by quietly, until the party returns. The paladin and warrior carry the mage in their arms, and bring him to the table.

"The troll was a tough one! The slimes there'v gotten a lot more aggressive than normal, they weakened us and made us sitting ducks for the troll."

The warrior nods. "Yeah. We got the troll, but Arkhus got stabbed in the gut. Do you know of any healer here?"

You tell him the directions to the Healer's Hut from earlier, and you have Hercules help the paladin walk the mage to him. The warrior thanks you for the quest, because they've leveled up twice and are allowed to join the raid, which is tomorrow. The raid will last a week, and in that time they will try to clear out as many monsters as possible.

"Oh, right. We found this in the Troll's Hut. We don't need it, so you can have it."

Gained: Alchemy Still!

Spoiler: Alchemy and Herblore (click to show/hide)

The Day is over. Now it is night time! Artemis will be alright in about three to four days, but for now she should rest. You can now give actions for the night phase.

Workers:
-Minerva [Informant]
[Conversationalist] [Wage: $0]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0] [WOUNDED]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper]
[? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Hercules [Chef]
-Alexander [Waiter]

Inn:
-x5 Dusty Rooms
[$15/Night]
-x10 Uneven Clean Tables
-x1 Dusty Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x2 Potatoes
-x1 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x7 Water
-x8 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x0 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$17.5+$2+$14
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2013, 06:03:00 am »

(no you aren't. But if you ask whether we should heal our sister its a healthy railroad. People can only write so much.)

There's a serious problem. Who's cooking? maybe we should work in the mean time better food.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2013, 06:22:51 am »

We need to see if we can get a business relationship with the healer. Monetary rewards for referring heroes? Free healing for us? Let's negotiate (both maybe).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:18:16 am by Maldevious »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2013, 06:50:44 am »

PTW!!!! <333

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2013, 08:37:17 am »

We need to see if we can get a business relationship with the healer. Monetary rewards for referring heroes? Free healing for us? Let's negotiate (both maybe).
+1
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2013, 12:34:54 am »

Night Two

You head downstairs and try your hand at cooking for the customers that have entered. They order 3 Ale, which you prepare pretty well actually. They tip you $3, and they start to talk to each other about the new dungeon that has revealed itself.

"Did you hear about the new ruins the scouts from the raid found? I heard that there's a new boss!"

"Yeah, a drake! Here!"

"Something's stirring the monsters up!"

"Some scouts haven't gotten back from the Swamp yet."

They start to talk about harvests and other things, and leave soon after. You earned $4.5! You start to head outside to the healer and discuss a new business proposition. The town is active, with torches and crystals lighting up the streets. You turn to find heroes recruiting new heroes, presumably for the raid.

You continue to head towards the hut, and you find a large tent at the end of the road. It is emblazoned with insignias of healing spells and wards. You enter it and you find the age from earlier disrobed and sleeping on the ground, his wounds patched up. You call out for the healer, and you see the man enter from another room inside. It's actually pretty roomy in here.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, um, I was thinking we could have a business partnership."

"Hey, you're the innkeeper. Good thing you sent your brother to bring this man to me."

"Yeah no problem."

"So, what do you have in mind?"

"Well, seeing as heroes come to me to get quests, they might not know where the healer is, so I could give them a reference to you and they would come to you. And, maybe you could pay me for it?"

"Hm, alright. It seems like a good deal. I'll give you a dollar for every hero for now, I might change the price seeing how well this goes."

You still have some time left. What do you want to do? 

Workers:
-Minerva [Informant]
[Conversationalist] [Wage: $0]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0] [WOUNDED]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper]
-Hercules [Chef]
-Alexander [Waiter]

Inn:
-x5 Dusty Rooms
[$15/Night]
-x10 Uneven Clean Tables
-x1 Dusty Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x2 Potatoes
-x1 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x7 Water
-x5 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x0 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$33.5+$7.5
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2013, 12:49:21 am »

Buy 3x bread!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2013, 03:51:07 am »

Buy 3x bread!
Lets reshift that into going over what we get from our daily delivery from the farm. Way I see it, we mostly sell the bread, some cold soup, and obviously ale. Good thing the later one is seperate anyways.

Change daily farm-oder to;
4 Flour / Bread
3 Potatoes (for cold soup)
3 Carrots (for cold soup)
10 Ale

It would still cost us nothing at this point, and we would get the ingriedients that we actually need.

Also, since they have yet to be used even once; Get the rooms down to 10$ per night.

Down the line, we still have these 10 wood, which I would be eager to give some practical form. I was thinking about some sort of elaborate sign, as we don't really seem to need much in way of more seats and similiar right now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2013, 04:05:19 am »

4 Flour / Bread
10 Ale

It would still cost us nothing at this point, and we would get the ingriedients that we actually need.

Also, since they have yet to be used even once; Get the rooms down to 10$ per night.

Down the line, we still have these 10 wood, which I would be eager to give some practical form. I was thinking about some sort of elaborate sign, as we don't really seem to need much in way of more seats and similiar right now.
+1 I don't know anything about this game right now.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2013, 05:52:08 am »

Dust the rooms, maybe?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2013, 07:03:55 am »

4 Flour / Bread
10 Ale

+1 I don't know anything about this game right now.
+1 but we should also dust the bar and rooms.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2013, 10:15:54 am »

ptw this is going to be good until gervassen comes here
Your sole job of invoking my name everywhere is complete, Summoner.

---

Okay then, look here, guys... I've stayed in enough hostels and cheap dives in my day to know that you don't ever get ahead as an Innkeeper by being above the board. This apparent commitment to "being on the level" warms my heart, sure, but our arses will freeze without money to pay the heat. To increase our prospects as successful proprietors here, I'm advising that we reconfigure our business model in order to become a proper Thenardier. A Master of the House.

Spoiler: Our New Anthem (click to show/hide)

This change of posture would imply many things, of course, but as a good start we might to try out the following new strategies...

Fencing
We've been away in the big city and barely remember the local people. We do know more important people, though. City people. That means we have a social network in a much larger market that we ought to leverage locally. Among local shopkeepers, we have the rather unique ability that we can fence stolen goods that rogue adventurers bring us. Channeled to the big city, they'll never be traced back here. We can even point them to rich targets inside our town for a small bit of coin. It's safer to have Artemis casing joints in town for silver plate, than to send her into monster-replete swamps and caves looking for trash loot.

Rent-a-Twink
We get a loan and start a rental service bringing comparatively imbalanced weapons from the big city into the newbie starting area, and then renting them on a per-quest basis for those parties that need extra oomf in their arsenals for that one difficult quest, or simply need to speed-level past the starting area. Since we have contacts in the big city, and these "heroes" are a pack of clueless newbs from another land that always pop into our area like suckers, we are uniquely positioned to offer them time-saving deals that obviate the grind.

Sell the name
If you can't move the product fast enough, then move the name. For example, instead of Stale Bread, we can have Air-Cured Bread Crisps, aged lovingly for two or three days to give them a little extra snap.

High Quality Beef Alternatives, Low Overhead
Why are we buying low-quality ingredients at market prices, when foolhardy lumps of meat are constantly bellying up to our bar and inquiring about dangerous places near our inn? Everybody loves sausage, but don't nobody wanna ask where the sausage is made. That's our cue to make quick cash. I hear some objections already, and I grant you that the average sickly mage with 10 strength will yield but meagre rations, but look now, your average barbarian with 18+ strength is, on the other hand, a walking meat rack with a good 180 lbs of lean body mass. We tell a big hulking barbarian that the swamp is filled with low level slimes, and we collect him after the bogfiend reduces him to minced beef. Simple and easy, just the way profit ought to be.

Feel free to disagree, guys, but fame and fortune aren't going to come by honest means in this business.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2013, 10:30:35 am »

ptw this is going to be good until gervassen comes here
Your sole job of invoking my name everywhere is complete, Summoner.

---

Okay then, look here, guys... I've stayed in enough hostels and cheap dives in my day to know that you don't ever get ahead as an Innkeeper by being above the board. This apparent commitment to "being on the level" warms my heart, sure, but our arses will freeze without money to pay the heat. To increase our prospects as successful proprietors here, I'm advising that we reconfigure our business model in order to become a proper Thenardier. A Master of the House.

Spoiler: Our New Anthem (click to show/hide)

This change of posture would imply many things, of course, but as a good start we might to try out the following new strategies...

Fencing
We've been away in the big city and barely remember the local people. We do know more important people, though. City people. That means we have a social network in a much larger market that we ought to leverage locally. Among local shopkeepers, we have the rather unique ability that we can fence stolen goods that rogue adventurers bring us. Channeled to the big city, they'll never be traced back here. We can even point them to rich targets inside our town for a small bit of coin. It's safer to have Artemis casing joints in town for silver plate, than to send her into monster-replete swamps and caves looking for trash loot.

Rent-a-Twink
We get a loan and start a rental service bringing comparatively imbalanced weapons from the big city into the newbie starting area, and then renting them on a per-quest basis for those parties that need extra oomf in their arsenals for that one difficult quest, or simply need to speed-level past the starting area. Since we have contacts in the big city, and these "heroes" are a pack of clueless newbs from another land that always pop into our area like suckers, we are uniquely positioned to offer them time-saving deals that obviate the grind.

Sell the name
If you can't move the product fast enough, then move the name. For example, instead of Stale Bread, we can have Air-Cured Bread Crisps, aged lovingly for two or three days to give them a little extra snap.

High Quality Beef Alternatives, Low Overhead
Why are we buying low-quality ingredients at market prices, when foolhardy lumps of meat are constantly bellying up to our bar and inquiring about dangerous places near our inn? Everybody loves sausage, but don't nobody wanna ask where the sausage is made. That's our cue to make quick cash. I hear some objections already, and I grant you that the average sickly mage with 10 strength will yield but meagre rations, but look now, your average barbarian with 18+ strength is, on the other hand, a walking meat rack with a good 180 lbs of lean body mass. We tell a big hulking barbarian that the swamp is filled with low level slimes, and we collect him after the bogfiend reduces him to minced beef. Simple and easy, just the way profit ought to be.

Feel free to disagree, guys, but fame and fortune aren't going to come by honest means in this business.
Buy 3x bread!
Lets reshift that into going over what we get from our daily delivery from the farm. Way I see it, we mostly sell the bread, some cold soup, and obviously ale. Good thing the later one is seperate anyways.

4 Flour / Bread
10 Ale

Dear god both of you are genius's,fund it now.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7