Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Innkeeper (Back in business!)  (Read 9267 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Innkeeper
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2013, 07:42:51 am »

Re-assigne Roles:
Waiter - Alexander
Informant - Minerva

We first want to experiment a bit further, before going to the farm. Knowing what we need should be key before we arrange unneccessary stuff.

So, talking to our neighbours is a good idea.

Let's re-aquaint ourselves with the townsfolk. Pretty sure it will come in handy somehow.

Inquire into Minerva's wedding sometime soon.

As in, how much money will be changing the table to her husband. We want that ready by then - she is family afterall.
+1

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2013, 02:30:57 pm »

Yep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 07:28:04 am »

Just letting you guys know that I'm not letting this die. I'll have to postpone the turn until Friday. It's been tedious and time consuming doing this on my phone, not counting my homework, so I hope you guys will still be interested later on.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 03:06:19 pm »

There is starch in potatoes ... do we have barrels available?
if so we should use 4 potato, 4 water and one ale to make a strong potato ale.
skin and grate the potatoes, mix with half the water and let it boil for half an hour in a closed pot, so no water escapes. let it cool down, then pour it into a barrel and add the remaining water and the ale. stir once, then let it rest for a day or two.
I just hope it's a barley ale.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:08:43 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 06:36:04 am »

Day Two

You reassign the roles, changing Alexander to a waiter and Minerva as an informant. You decide to ask Minerva about the wedding, and of the man she is to be wed to.

"Well, we were going to do it in the old chapel, but the Cleric there has gone missing. He's probably on a mission or out in the woods meditating, but it's been a little too long. The man I'm marrying is called Aubry Walbeck, a Hero Trainer. He's a fine man, nice and strong. His family is arranging the wedding, but it's custom here for the bride's parents to pay for the vanity expenses, like balloons, the cake, and such.

Since Pappy passed away, it seems like we'll have to do it ourselves. You're in charge of the wedding, so you decide on what you want to buy. I'd be fine with anything, but I'd really like a cake! Cheesecake is my favorite!"

You make a mental note. You then leave outside to meet with your neighbors. The door creaks as you open it, and a gentle breeze blows in, bathing you in a mild sensation of calm and tranquility. You walk along the paved road, which makes you wonder how a small town like this could afford a road system like this. You reach the first house, a small cottage with a straw-thatched roof. You knock on the wooden door, and a young man with curly blonde hair opens the door.

"Oh, hello. Can I help you?"

"Um, yes. I recently moved here, and I wanted to get to know my neighbors."

"Oh, okay then. Please, come in! I'll have Mother make some tea."

You step into the old cottage, the smell of home-cured meats and the sound of a kettle boiling makes you appreciate the country life you abandoned for the city. You take a seat on a lumpy couch, and the man comes back with a plate of crumpets and a kettle. He pours a cup for you and sits on an armchair opposite of you.

"The name's Wilhelm. Nice to meet you, sir."

"And you, Wilhelm. My name's Terra. Thank you for letting me in."

"No problem at all. So, where are you working at in old Hoo?"

"At the Tree Meld, I run things there now."

"Oh? Old Kris' inn?" His eyes open wider. "You're his son! Terra?"

"That's right."

Wilhelm calls out for his mother, and an elderly woman with a kind face but an attitude that screamed "no fooling around" appears from the kitchen door. Her eyes open and she gives a warm smile.

"Terra? My, my you've grown, sonny."

You struggle to recall who she is. The city's caused you to meet new faces everyday, pushing the old faces out of your mind.

"It's me, Mrs. Horschad. You used to spend your days playing in the fields out in the yard with your brothers, but that was before Wilhelm was born, so you two probably haven't met face to face."

You smile as your old memories flood back. The peaceful summer days where you rolled in the fields with Ulysses and Hercules and threw mud at Alexander. He's been always considered the runt of the litter by Father, and behaved so. You continue eating, and when you've finished, you thank Mrs. Hroschad for the meal and bid them farewell. You rush back as you realize that it's almost opening time. You burst through the door, where you see Artemis on the ground bleeding with Minerva screaming above her and the boys helping her off the floor.

Workers:
-Minerva [Informant]
[Conversationalist] [Wage: $0]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper]
[? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Hercules [Chef]
-Alexander [Waiter]

Inn:
-x5 Dusty Rooms
[$15/Night]
-x10 Uneven Clean Tables
-x1 Dusty Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x10 Potatoes
-x9 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x10 Water
-x9 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x5 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$14
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 06:42:05 am »

Sternly inquire into this apparent brawl.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 06:47:34 am »

Have Minerva get some way to patch Artemis up. Then ask if it was a fight while scouting that got her or something recent.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 06:49:23 am »

Sternly inquire into this apparent brawl.

She was expected to come back from her scouting-mission today. Best guess is that there went something amiss there.

Ask your Silblings about healers of any kind. Send one of them to get him. Stop the bleeding for the moment, and apply bandages if feasible.
Yeah, quite sure that sh... stuff happened on her end. If it is as serious as it sounds, we really should invest into that healer - even if he should cost some coin. Could cost Minerva her cheescake ( saw what you did ther' ;3 ), but hey.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 06:58:11 am »

Missed that bit. +1 to Lurker, then.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 07:02:40 am »

Cheesecake is my favorite!"
I saw what you did there...

+1 to Lurker's idea

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 09:03:08 am »

follow the railroad.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 08:12:13 pm »

[Question: Am I railroading? I don't mean to, but I'll try to give you more options in the future.]
[Common knowledge will be shown in Spoilers, like the Edits of Sora. If you have questions about the world or setting, ask and I'll put it in the next update.]

Day Two

You rush over to Artemis, holding her in your arms. You yell at them to go find a healer in town, and you order the others to get some water and bandages. You take her to her room and place her softly in bed. You wash the wounds, which appears to be bruises from a blunt weapon of sort, some bite marks, and a large area where it appears to be burnt by acid or oil. You apply the bandages, and she winces as you apply them to the burnt area.

The healer quickly arrives, a tall, lanky man with a balding head and wearing standard Healer robes. He pulls out a variety of blue, green, and clear crystals, which he grinds and spreads onto the wounds. The wounds slowly heal, and Artemis has a calm look on her face. You pay the healer $4 for his services and he bids you goodbye. All of you have a sigh of relief and sit next to her.

She wakes up, slowly rising to a sitting position on the bed.

"Where-where am I?"

"You're in bed, Art. You're alright." says Minerva, stroking her younger sister's red hair.

"The bogfiend. There's a bogfiend in the Swamp!"

"A bogfiend? What are they doing in a low-level sector like this?"

Spoiler: The Edicts of Sora (click to show/hide)

"I-I don't know. I was walking in the Swamp, when a bunch of troglodytes grabbed me from behind and dragged me underwater. I saw a bogfiend sleeping there, and I struggled to escape from the troglodytes. There was something glowing underneath the bogfiend as well."

You make a mental note of the bogfiend, and you tell the others to take care of her. You go downstairs and open up shop. The day is relatively quiet, with 5 NPCs coming in and ordering 3 Stale Bread, 2 Cold Soup, and 1 Lukewarm Ale. You earn $7.5! The barflies sit at the bar, chatting with each other about the new scarecrow coming out soon, when the door bell jingles and you hear a group of footsteps entering the door.

A party of Heroes enter, consisting of a Mage, a Warrior, and a Paladin. They are meagerly armed, but armed well enough to show that they aren't completely new. The Warrior and the Paladin wait by the door while the Mage walks towards you.

"Hey there. We were wondering if there were any Quests for us? We've cleared out a couple of Caves already, but we need a challenge. There's a raiding party assembling soon, but we aren't at a high enough level to join them. We want to level up quickly."

You think of the possible quests. There is the obvious choice of fighting the bogfiend, but a high-level monster like that would crush them. Not that it would affect you anyway, but the raiding party that will be forming might be able to handle it. Then there is the Troll in the Woods. Or you could continue asking them questions or just outright refuse them.

Workers:
-Minerva [Informant]
[Conversationalist] [Wage: $0]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0] [WOUNDED]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper]
-Hercules [Chef]
-Alexander [Waiter]

Inn:
-x5 Dusty Rooms
[$15/Night]
-x10 Uneven Clean Tables
-x1 Dusty Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x8 Potatoes
-x7 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x10 Water
-x8 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x2 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$14+$7.5-$4
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:26:21 pm by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2013, 08:14:25 pm »

Tell them about the troll, and tell them that when they take it out we have a bigger challenge.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 08:15:56 pm »

You forgot to deduct healer fees.

I agree with Aseaheru.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 08:19:10 pm »

Tell them about the troll, and tell them that when they take it out we have a bigger challenge.
+1
I summon thee lazy 1+ers to come!
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7