Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Rewolucja! A Game of Revolution and Uprisings TURN 7  (Read 17786 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rewolucja! A Game of Revolution and Uprisings REVOLUTION
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2013, 03:40:53 pm »

((I meant for the purposes of Rostovian reinforcements USEC, not defeat :P))

Ugh... My reading comprehension is obviously not at its best today. Carry on then.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2013, 06:17:31 pm »

"We must assist our brothers and keep what little peace there is. Rypin will not fall!"
Persuade in Rypin(21)
Hire 600 troops to defend the city with the Witkovian Liberation Front.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:19:39 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2013, 06:40:58 pm »

(Rolepgeek: I appreciate your help, but persuading in Rypin is either ineffective or actively subverting my own persuading, depending on your IS. As for the troops, I'm not sure if our two armies' strengths are combined for the purposes of fighting off Rostov or not. GM, can I get an answer on that?)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2013, 06:54:16 pm »

(Rolepgeek: I appreciate your help, but persuading in Rypin is either ineffective or actively subverting my own persuading, depending on your IS. As for the troops, I'm not sure if our two armies' strengths are combined for the purposes of fighting off Rostov or not. GM, can I get an answer on that?)

The short answer is that Witkovian troops will always assist other Organizations against the Rostovians unless expressly told not to.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2013, 07:21:50 pm »

A command action however would probably be very useful though!

EDIT: Also, it looks like we have enough organizations to actually form a rag-tag government. We'd have to maintain control of at least one friendly province, but I think it's something we should all heavily consider as it will boost all our efforts. Dare we form a 10 organization strong government?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:29:51 pm by Knave »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2013, 07:38:32 pm »

I have the oppression trait so if I raise my phantom brigade/w arms will the province 6
((Recz was it)) be totally under my control? If so this could be our ((unified revolutionary governments hq. Thoughts fellow witkovians?

Also dump all my money in troops and take command.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2013, 07:42:00 pm »

I have the oppression trait so if I raise my phantom brigade/w arms will the province 6 ((Recz was it)) be totally under my control?

If Lord Phantom commands the troops in Recz and 1000 soldiers survive the battle, then yes it'll be totally under your control.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2013, 07:46:13 pm »

I'll work for the government.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2013, 07:48:34 pm »

I have the oppression trait so if I raise my phantom brigade/w arms will the province 6 ((Recz was it)) be totally under my control?

If Lord Phantom commands the troops in Recz and 1000 soldiers survive the battle, then yes it'll be totally under your control.

Do they have to go a turn without combat to gain extra control? I thought that's what the combat rules stated.

I'll work for the government.

That's 3 willing organizations!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »

Persuading is indeed sort-of subverting yours. However, in exchange, the rebels get a province at all, since 700 troops isn't enough to hold the province. Don't worry, I can help you get one too, if you wish, next turn.

Edit: Also, I will be willing to join the government so long as I can get a Cabinet position.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:12:00 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2013, 08:33:53 pm »

"IF"
The Phantom brigade WILL be victorious it WILL make the rostavian war machine bleed like a gutted pig in front of the whole world. In the end the phantom brigade calls the shots from the dark. {by the way i know we can't do night-battles in the sense of gameplay mechanincs but when the rostavians come in i want the PB to let them come in and attack in the dark, out of buildings, secret trenches, and have Phantoms impersonate soldiers in the rostavian army leading their "comrades" to ambushes.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2013, 09:48:49 pm »

Persuading is indeed sort-of subverting yours. However, in exchange, the rebels get a province at all, since 700 troops isn't enough to hold the province. Don't worry, I can help you get one too, if you wish, next turn.

Edit: Also, I will be willing to join the government so long as I can get a Cabinet position.
Damn Moderates.
Realizing that the people of Rypin would rather follow Campfeld of the WPKA, Leopold quickly switches from persuading in Rypin to Commanding the Witkovian allied force in Rypin (Province 21).

I'll join this government, as well.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:07:18 pm by swordsmith04 »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2013, 03:36:56 am »

Joining government if allowed dibs on economics ministry.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2013, 07:34:37 am »

Instead of handing out bonuses to the first 5 people who say they'll join as long as they get x position, I suggest a democratic vote instead.

In the event that all 10 organizations agree to forming a government.

1) Each organization lists the 5 personalities/organizations they would like to see have a cabinet position. in Order. Perhaps voting for your own party should be off-limits to prevent everyone voting for themselves.
2) Votes are tallied, by USEC perhaps?
3) The party with the most #1 votes gets first choice of cabinet position.
4) The party with 2nd most #1 votes get second choice etc.
5) If there is a tie for #1 votes, the candidate with the most #2 votes breaks the tie. If nother tie exists, then the party with most #3 votes breaks it etc.

Thoughts?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2013, 07:53:53 am »

Do they have to go a turn without combat to gain extra control? I thought that's what the combat rules stated.

Yes, that is correct.

2) Votes are tallied, by USEC perhaps?

I could tally votes if you want me to.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18