Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: OpenTTD  (Read 5808 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OpenTTD
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 10:46:50 am »

So I don't play online much, what NewGRF things would people want if I am able to get a server up? It wouldn't have to be super competitive, just somewhere to play casually, you know?

Also, planes and the fast forward button are not fun in single player, and I am banning myself from using them ever again.
I turned on the game, put two railroad tracks and a couple buses up, and then fast-forwarded until I could pay off all my debts. Then I put up a passenger plane line between two large cities and then money was meaningless.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 10:51:29 am »

So I don't play online much, what NewGRF things would people want if I am able to get a server up? It wouldn't have to be super competitive, just somewhere to play casually, you know?

Also, planes and the fast forward button are not fun in single player, and I am banning myself from using them ever again.
I turned on the game, put two railroad tracks and a couple buses up, and then fast-forwarded until I could pay off all my debts. Then I put up a passenger plane line between two large cities and then money was meaningless.
I think there's a patch with trams out now. That would be fun.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2013, 10:52:13 am »

Add some AI to compete with yourself in single player, there are lot of them available by now, their presence will avoid the "make a few transport and fast forward" boring gameplay, as if you want to keep the 1st place of the transport competition, it will not be enough.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2013, 11:00:24 am »

Add some AI to compete with yourself in single player, there are lot of them available by now, their presence will avoid the "make a few transport and fast forward" boring gameplay, as if you want to keep the 1st place of the transport competition, it will not be enough.

Oh! That sounds much better, didn't think of that.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2013, 11:43:57 am »

If we did a MP server I like the ECS vectors.  Towns, Basic 2, Chemical 2, Machinery, Wood and Agriculture.  For vehicles the Vehicles for ECS & FIRS pack is pretty good.

I like ECS because it expands so much of the basic cargo and gives a ton of new things to move around and actually makes some awesome circular supply lines.  The biggest one is Vehicles, being made from glass, steel and dye.  Both Glass and Steel's sources can use vehicles to increase production.  So make steel to make cars to make more steel to make more cars to then take to towns that have car dealerships.

This is the Wiki page on it with a chart showing the flow of the new industries.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2013, 12:25:00 pm »

Also I'd like Neighbours are Important. It makes cities need resources to expand, really fun.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2013, 12:31:16 pm »

Alright, I've downloaded all of those. I'll make a thread (here or in Play With Your Buddies?) after I make sure that I can get the ports and stuff working at a decent speed. And figure out how to get these scripts and NewGRF over using the command line >_<

On another note, how do I get Oil Rigs to spawn? Do they not spawn naturally? Do I need to set the water levels higher?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2013, 12:33:38 pm »

I would suggest in Play With Your Buddies for the thread location.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2013, 12:43:59 pm »

Alright, I've downloaded all of those. I'll make a thread (here or in Play With Your Buddies?) after I make sure that I can get the ports and stuff working at a decent speed. And figure out how to get these scripts and NewGRF over using the command line >_<

On another note, how do I get Oil Rigs to spawn? Do they not spawn naturally? Do I need to set the water levels higher?

Oil rigs don't exist at the start of the game, assuming you use the default start. They get built eventually.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2013, 12:46:30 pm »

Oil rigs don't exist at the start of the game, assuming you use the default start. They get built eventually.

Ah, that makes sense then. Can I make them with the Fund New Industry interface, eventually, too?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »

Ah, that makes sense then. Can I make them with the Fund New Industry interface, eventually, too?
Yep.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »

In the vanilla game, it's actually possible to make urban sprawls via just transferring passengers within the city.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2013, 01:37:26 pm »

Isn't that how you're supposed to do it? Also, I'll forget about this if it's in Play With Your Buddies. I have too much to learn for a server anyway.

E: Also, I think I'm just gonna keep playing this game for the music alone.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »

Isn't that how you're supposed to do it? Also, I'll forget about this if it's in Play With Your Buddies. I have too much to learn for a server anyway.

Don't you use the Show New Replies To Your Posts button? It's the best feature of this forum!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2013, 01:43:53 pm »

Dang I just can't get the hang of signalling.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6