Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [FEF] MGs in the Tower of Horrors (OOC/Discussion) [With Glacial Speed]  (Read 23734 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

I am almost done with Setsuna the Sadomasochistic Magical Girl.

>_< Now I just need to find the rulebook for this version... Why does noone include the link to the damn thing in the OP for these games? is there a rule for it or something?
It's under the What spoiler.
But for simple, it this link
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I think I'm finished.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Oh shiz, so it is ._.

Sorry.

Missed that link.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

This seems cool, I'll be making a sheet soon.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

You know, this is a totally random question

But why call the male "magical girls" magical girls

Why not call them magical guys?
Probably because "magical girl" is a recognized term, whereas "magical guy" only makes sense if you're used to it or thinking in terms of magical girls.

Similar to how a "Power Knight" would probably not immediately sound like "A Power Ranger but heavier and built more for combat."

Gimme a bit. I got stuck on the Bio and the Affinity/Theme stuff.

That is awesome.

Sheet looks good.

Personal Skill: Combat Focus: When in 3 spaces of the enemy, gain +10 hit and +10 evade.
Personal Fault: Missing Eye: If character is surrounded by 3 or more adjacent enemies, -2 Def.
-2 Def when almost completely surrounded sounds waaaaaay too weak, especially for a character who's probably not going to be doing any more tanking than absolutely necessary anyway.

Excessively strong/weak skills can sometimes be canceled out by having a similarly appropriate opposite, but obviously that's not really applicable here.

I think I'm finished.
You still need a Character Skill.

Oh shiz, so it is ._.

Sorry.

Missed that link.
And at the top of the charsheet spoiler.

I really don't know where you people want me to put that thing. Very top? Very bottom? Studded everywhere throughout the post? ಠ_ಠ

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Name: Nonohana Setsuna
Battle Name: Cutie Idol Lyrical Setsuna
Physical Description: The girl before you is small, seemingly not a threat to anyone. She has soft brown hair that falls down to her mid-back, with slight curls throughout. Her eyes are a soft gold, and usually filled with some degree of frantic fear, except in battle.
Mental Description: Setsuna is... not a stable person. For her entire life, she has been victimized and hurt by those around her, including her family. Her father was abusive and crude, often taking out his frustrations on his small daughter. She has long since internalized her torment, convincing herself that even as she seeks to escape it, somehow she deserves it, even if she refuses to suffer it any longer... She has long since learned to thrive on it, as well, and this comes out in battle. As she enters combat and begins to accumulate wounds, she becomes more and more psychotic, seeming less human as the fight goes on.
Equipment Description: A simple white dress, the only special features about it being the barbed chains that wrap around the arms and torso of the dress and disappear into the skirts.

Class: Trainee Mage

HP 17 (30%)
Str 2 (30%)
Def 0 (30%)
Skl 4 (50%)
Spd 4 (40%)
Mag 8 (100%)
Res 3 (30%)
Luk 2 (20%)

CON 2
AID 1
MOV 4

Inventory
-Fire (Fire E), RNG 1-2, MT 4, WT 7, CR 0, Hit 90

Fire
AT: 11
Hit: 99
AS: 0
Eva: 1
CR: 2
DG: 2

Character Skill: Center
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
Personal Skill: Too Kinky to Torture: Whenever Setsuna takes damage, her Mag increases by an amount decided by the GM.
Personal Fault: barbed chains hurt. Whenever Setsuna moves, she takes damage equal to the number of spaces moved. If she is Rescued, the rescuing character also takes this damage.
Affinity: Chains
Theme: Also Chains, usually barbed.

Notes: Sickly Victim, I'm tired of being the victim, I want to fight back!, Framed for a terrible crime.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:11:53 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

That is probably the most creative use of the personal skills I've ever seen. O_O
It's FEF, not FEOF

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

That is probably the most creative use of the personal skills I've ever seen. O_O

>:3 thank you. You like?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I wonder how barbed chains would pierce ice armor :p (when it comes to rescuers takin damage n all)
awesomely creative though.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I wonder how barbed chains would pierce ice armor :p (when it comes to rescuers takin damage n all)
awesomely creative though.

Because magic, and it's likely that it'd allow for armor defense in that case, up to Irony.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Holy crap.

Character looks good. o_o
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Holy crap.

Character looks good. o_o

... Did I just cause mental damage to the GM with my character?

:3 OH FRABJULOUS DAY!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Oh...what was that Anima (E) skill supposed to be?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Alright, I've double-checked everyone's sheets. The following problems need to be addressed:

GWG has one too many bonus points. +2 Mag, +2 Spd, +1 Skl, but you only get +4 total.
GWG needs to select a Character Skill.

Furtuka needs to collaborate with me on what Miracle should do.
One possibility is [30 + 4x Luck]% as suggested. This would give 38% at level 1. It would also mean complete invulnerability at 18 Luck. ಠ_ಠ
Another possibility would be a flat, one-shot guarantee to survive a normally fatal blow. I don't like "expendable" skills like that, but it might be appropriate in this case.
There are, of course, infinite other options. A more complex formula, slightly different mechanics, and so on.

Zako needs a more faulty Personal Fault (or possibly nerfing his Personal Skill into oblivion to compensate).

ragnarok needs professional help, but more importantly has 1 too few bonus points and 30% too little progression. I count 2 points to Mag and 1 point to lower CON.

Oh...what was that Anima (E) skill supposed to be?
Weapon Proficiency. It determines how powerful and what kinds of weapons you can wield (I think it's possible but severely unadvised to wield things you're not proficient in... not sure) and lowers the effective weight of weapons you do wield, letting you wield heavier (which usually means more advanced/powerful) weapons with less penalty.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Fixed mahself.

Well. Stats-wise.

She is still one crazy bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10