Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: dfhack and workflow ... What does your workflow look like?  (Read 18100 times)

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dfhack and workflow ... What does your workflow look like?
« on: August 28, 2013, 01:45:47 pm »

I find the workflow plugin for dfhack to be invaluable. And I figure that there are quite a few of you out there who also think so. So what does your workflow commands look like? Here's mine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dfhack and workflow ... What does your workflow look like?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »

At least rock nuts to paste and paste to oil are also found in reaction_other.txt, and as I recently learned, you can just add [AUTOMATIC] to those if you want them to always to be queued if there's the mats available (like tanning and rendering fat are usually handled).

Personally, I've only done that raw edit for pressing honeycombs and wax crafts, since honeycombs and the leftover wax from pressing them have only the single use each, and it would pretty much automate beekeeping from hives to honey+royal jelly+wax crafts, whenever I employ beekeepers.

I'll have to at least add the wool/milk stuff to my list. I've only tested out workflow on a couple of isolated occasions, don't have a set list yet, and likely never will have one as large as yours. Also, you don't mention it, but I presume you set all job cancellation messages off, or edited which ones show up, somewhere/somehow?

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:47:36 pm »

I'm at work, so I can't produce the actual list, but I use workflow mostly for food, drink, and ammunition.  Thanks for sharing yours.  I might have to add some of those!

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 02:52:02 pm »

Unfortunately, haven't turned off job cancellation messages. But if they don't cause the game to pause, I'm not concerned about them.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 02:55:08 pm »

Whenever I get the urge to shut off cancellation messages completely, I find one that alerts me to a problem I otherwise would've missed :(.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 03:07:30 pm »

Hm, so checked announcements.txt, and is [CANCEL_JOB:A_D:D_D] seriously the only one concerning job cancellations? I mean, I'd definitely like to remove job cancellation messages for eg. shearing, spinning, milking and cheesemaking, but ALL jobs?

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 04:34:21 pm »

I believe the option you're looking for is actually in-game... under the (o)rders page I think.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 04:50:24 pm »

Dranin, what he's hoping for is more customizability.  For example, an alert I'd love to turn off right now is: "Can't feed animal: No Path".  I'm getting hundreds of that spammed at me right now.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 06:23:24 pm »

Speaking of SPAM and how it ruins the workflow tool.

Coming soon to a DF near you... (Windows only i'm afraid)

DFMon V0.0001.

A tool which replaces the mini alert bar and gives you an alternative alerts screen to look at. It also lets you see combat as it plays out rather than just from any one units perspective (of course this is very confusing for multiple simultaneous battles).

Anyway the real benefit comes when you set up custom filters to ignore certain spam. Basically you can shove whatever you like into the filter exceptions and no longer suffer spam from it, and you can make these filters as specific as you want. (for now only a single part of a text string such as "feed animal: No Path" but eventually things like "Web" + "Cancel" so you can have names in between,

I was inspired to make this by 10000s of web spam when I started up my forgotten beast silk farm.

Unfortunately I'm a c# Programmer so this is a Windows application at the moment and I've not had a chance to test how the UI looks without the aero interface yet! It is definately not linux or apple friendly though as I make use of Windows stuff to minimize/maximuse/resize windows/find df

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 01:35:46 am »

Anyway the real benefit comes when you set up custom filters to ignore certain spam. Basically you can shove whatever you like into the filter exceptions and no longer suffer spam from it, and you can make these filters as specific as you want.

Niiiiiice!  Looking forward to this :).

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 06:52:14 am »

Neat, I just learned about the INORGANIC tag.

I used to use workflow to keep booze around, but I recently noticed that the still never gets cluttered no matter how much booze is left in it.  So I just leave it on repeat forever now.  And unsuspend it whenever I happen to think about it.

I do turn workflow on for pots, but I use the gui/workflow script.

I think the main reason I stopped using it for most jobs, is it makes the jobs list much longer and full of red text, which annoys me.  Petty, but there it is.

I do like that it keeps repeat jobs from being deleted.  Wish that was a default option someplace.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 09:33:28 am »

Here is my new app to help with the spam: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130590.0

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 10:45:31 am »

I use it to always keep barrels and rock pots (TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT) in stock. I also set it up to keep up stores of whatever mill products I have available, with the help of the `job' command, which (among other things) lets you set the material type of jobs that use organic materials. Also, you can never have too many bags of all kinds (append `,LEATHER' to the list of materials in the bag job recommended in the command's help). Blocks and mechanisms (TRAPPARTS) never go amiss.

Other than that, it really depends on the circumstances: when my fort's growing, bedroom sets and various functional furniture (doors, hatches, grates and so forth) are useful. Later, it might be armor sets, luxury items like statues or cages and weapon trap components.

Workflow rocks.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 03:46:05 am »

weps (melt anything worse) (there is gloves problem though...):
Code: [Select]
workflow count ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 20 0
workflow count PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_LEGGINGS//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_GREAVES//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 20 0

workflow count SHIELD:ITEM_SHIELD_SHIELD/WOOD 30 0

workflow count WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE//STEEL/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR//SILVER/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0
workflow count WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW//IRON/LOCAL,MASTERFUL 10 0

###################################################
#@ STEEL Production
###################################################
workflow count BAR//COAL 200
workflow count BAR//IRON 100
workflow count BAR//PIG_IRON 50
workflow count BAR//STEEL 100
(numbers can be ajusted)

in case of sand:
workflow count DOOR//GLASS_GREEN 10
workflow count BOX//GLASS_GREEN 10
workflow count TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT//GLASS_GREEN 10

workflow count POWDER_MISC/SAND 20 - not sure?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:47:53 am by Hommit »

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 02:29:58 pm »

workflow amount ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SHIRT/CLOTH 5 4

Is there any reason you don't use:

workflow amount ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SHIRT/CLOTH,YARN,SILK 5 4
Pages: [1] 2 3