Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Leaked Documents: U.S. Framed Syria in Chemical Weapons Attack  (Read 8422 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Leaked Documents: U.S. Framed Syria in Chemical Weapons Attack
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 08:08:57 pm »

Okay, had a chance to download and review the documents. Bull. Shit. As Leafsnail said, the only relevant item was a single email which looks incredibly sketchy. I don't believe for a moment that this is what it's claimed to be.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 08:32:05 pm »

*skips and prances*

I now only wish I had stuck to my guns more and denounced anyone who believed in this as on par with the Birthers. But ahh, the Forum did seem to be taking a neutral stance on stupid, and I was hesitant. Sometimes conspiracies play into people's personal views, and it's hard to disregard them.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:34:29 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 08:38:25 pm »

Ah, but you have to remember, there's bigotry from all sides of the spectrum. That's what makes it truly unique, and sometimes hilarious.
No, it's mostly white supremacism and antisemitism, and it's repulsive.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 08:41:56 pm »

Ah, but you have to remember, there's bigotry from all sides of the spectrum. That's what makes it truly unique, and sometimes hilarious.
No, it's mostly white supremacism and antisemitism, and it's repulsive.
Mostly? Okay, to be fair, there might be a bit of sexism from time to time. But mostly the Klannish stuff.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 08:42:39 pm »

If you want to read /pol/ my suggestion would be for you to go and read /pol/.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 10:11:40 pm »

Do we have any sources at all that aren't "some random nut I read about on 4chan"?
These are my thoughts as well. I don't trust half of what people on 4chan say and I spend at least twenty hours a week there. Is there a more credible source than some extremist who probably forgot to take his medication today?

If you want to read /pol/ my suggestion would be for you to go and read /pol/.
/pol/ is /x/ but with skinheads and conspiracy theorists instead of skinwalkers and schizophrenics. Almost anything that comes out of there is on the same level as /b/ making girls cut themselves by saying Justin Bieber smoked weed while posting pictures of self-mutilation under the hashtag #CutForBieber.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:19:17 pm by MadMalkavian »
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 10:26:46 pm »

/pol/'s comics and OC is sometimes amusing. I'm not sure how many are actually racist or playing along.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 10:39:14 pm »

/pol/'s comics and OC is sometimes amusing. I'm not sure how many are actually racist or playing along.
I don't know how many are either. I've been there a grand total of two times in four years and personally don't care to start going there just for original content that gets posted elsewhere anyways. I'm kind of partial to Polandball myself.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 11:38:41 am »

Nobody wants to step in and intervene in Syria. There's Russia and China backing Assad. It would be a diplomatic disaster, and when the quicksand sydrom becomes apparent, an electoral failure.
I don't see how Russia or China can keep on backing Syria if it is 100% confirmed that it was only the Regime using the chemical weapons.

But, with such uncertainty, there is no gotcha.  Sure, the US may need to tone down their rhetoric(back pedal), but it is something that seems to be born of caution.  The current administration is not gun-ho like our previous one. 

Remember that it took awhile for the US to even begin its intervention with Libya and they had been working behind the scenes the whole time to drum up support with other nations and with rebel forces that were palatable.  It still did not end up as great as they'd like.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 11:46:49 am »

So we framed them and then proceeded to do bugger all after framing them?  Sounds real legit.

My prediction, the "frame" will be taking some obscure thing in a super long document out of context.  People will however commit to their belief and refuse to believe they are being idiots.

What I sort of love about America as villains is that they are very bombastic and obvious.

Yet in that lies their splendor. They outright admit to manipulation and villainy and no one cares OR believes it.

While other countries have to try to be all sneaky. In many ways America has villainy down to a science because they mastered hiding it in plain sight.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:48:27 am by Neonivek »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2013, 11:50:27 am »

The strong gets to write the laws and stand above it?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 11:55:19 am »

since apparently this board got taken over by wingnuts at some point
I'm pretty sure most people were, like myself, saying "the documents are garbage and this conspiracy doesn't make any sense - but the idea that the rebels are the ones who used the gas is quite possible."

Which is still, as near I can tell, the case.

Was anyone but the OP actually supporting the validity of the documents are arguing the US was likely to be behind the gas attacks?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 12:05:08 pm »

Nobody has posted any other evidence for that claim.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 12:09:51 pm »

Honestly there is no reason for me to believe it couldn't be true. It would hardly be the worst thing the US done to another country.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »

The fact that the US does bad things doesn't mean that every wild allegation against them is automatically true
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8