Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Leaked Documents: U.S. Framed Syria in Chemical Weapons Attack  (Read 8402 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbfcceEkn_M

He has sources, the leaked documents in question are available, and it's gotten over 1,000 likes in less than two hours. The view count is still uncalculated.

Oh, and it's on The Imageboard That Shall Not Be Named.

This... This might be newsworthy.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Leaked Documents: U.S. Framed Syria in Chemical Weapons Attack
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:59:49 pm »

So we framed them and then proceeded to do bugger all after framing them?  Sounds real legit.

My prediction, the "frame" will be taking some obscure thing in a super long document out of context.  People will however commit to their belief and refuse to believe they are being idiots.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:01:54 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:02:17 pm »

This person's channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/StormCloudsGathering?feature=watch

The seeming legitness has reached epic proportions.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 04:15:53 pm »

I'm surprised, though not that much.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:16:00 pm »

I'm reserving judgement for the moment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:21:57 pm »

This guy is nuts.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 04:23:53 pm »

I'm already judging, but that may or may not be related to the current topic.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 04:26:58 pm »

I'll get the popcorn.

But seriously, it's no surprise or even news that the US wants to decrease Russia's power in the Middle East region. Iran and Syria are Russia's allies, and happen to be in the region. On top of that, Iran, if occupied, would provide a means of encircling China, something that's strategically important for them. Such cases.

Sure, people will claim the guy's nuts, and 4chan will have one hell of a laugh (and maybe some Ron Paul OC will be made) - end result, nothing will happen, nobody will really be educated on the subject because barely anyone's going to read on their own from the links provided. The leaks have been publicly available for months and nobody cared, what would change now?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 04:50:33 pm »

Has anyone downloaded the documents yet? Skimming through his other videos says that he's a bit radical but not a nutter, so I'm not inclined to either believe or disbelieve without proof.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 05:02:10 pm »

Hm. I can't watch the video, because it requires flash, so I can't make any comments on the video proper.

The only leaked document linked to directly from the video description is hosted on their own website (every other link leads to a news article, and I'm not wading through all of them to see if there's more leaked info; other such documents should've been linked directly from the description).

If these documents have been out for months and are truly newsworthy, then why has no major news organization picked up on them, especially now with Snowden and Manning recent news? Potential outrage = awesome news story, after all. Seems curious.

Also, Britam appears to be a risk management firm. Not that it disqualifies what documents they hold, but I'd prefer to see correlating documents from actual governmental defense organizations.

I have not gone through the original documents, but I'm yet to be moved enough to believe they're truly worth the 15-minute download of a stupid .rar (via amazon) or a 3-hour download of a zip from their own website.

I'm sorry. I guess I'm a just a wee bit distrustful of an organization name "Storm Clouds Gathering" with a tagline of "THE TRUTH IS EXTREME TO MAKE IT MODERATE IS A LIE" and has on the aforementioned download page includes such delightful videos as "Leaked Documents US & NATO ..." (assumedly the video in the OP), "The Road to World War III", and "Revolution: An Instruction Manual". I think I'll wait for a more trustworthy source.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 05:09:07 pm »

On the other hand, there does seem to be significant evidence that the rebels were the ones who used the gas.

Which is why the US hasn't done anything - including pushing for public support to go in. If the US had done this (unless it was some small secretive branch without whitehouse support) I don't know why they'd botch the follow up so bad.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 05:13:19 pm »

Well, storm clouds gathering originally was just the guy who was talking into his camera. He's gotten a lot more showy and irritating(for ex this video i can barely hear what he;s saying because of the shit echo effect) with his editing, and has been aiming to create a website and etc around his thing.

Im reserving judgement, but there's been plenty of leaks for a long time that took some time to be picked up: and even when they were picked up, not to much publicity. I dont think its in any sense curious that something like this wouldn't have been reported on before if it was previously available. And there's whats been happening to journalists who dare report on such things, even in the damn UK. do the same in the US and they'd just have your head directly.

Which is why the US hasn't done anything - including pushing for public support to go in. If the US had done this (unless it was some small secretive branch without whitehouse support) I don't know why they'd botch the follow up so bad.

meh, people like to overestimate the people allegedly involved in these things. They can fuck up too.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 05:14:08 pm »

Has anyone downloaded the documents yet? Skimming through his other videos says that he's a bit radical but not a nutter, so I'm not inclined to either believe or disbelieve without proof.
I have, the e-mail in question is legit.

And yeah, this guy is a radical. Thing is, you don't achieve change by being a moderate.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 05:15:34 pm »

I'll get the popcorn.

But seriously, it's no surprise or even news that the US wants to decrease Russia's power in the Middle East region. Iran and Syria are Russia's allies, and happen to be in the region. On top of that, Iran, if occupied, would provide a means of encircling China, something that's strategically important for them. Such cases.

Sure, people will claim the guy's nuts, and 4chan will have one hell of a laugh (and maybe some Ron Paul OC will be made) - end result, nothing will happen, nobody will really be educated on the subject because barely anyone's going to read on their own from the links provided. The leaks have been publicly available for months and nobody cared, what would change now?
...yes, the guys nuts, I would be willing to bet my months remaining ration of Food Stamps on it. Obama doesn't even want to attack Syria. It's a highly unpopular move, even with Chemical Weapons. It's like, you just don't realize that politics is a thing that stops politicians from doing things. In a month the US government won't even have funding. The US is not going to Invade Iran, the US will not commit troops to Syria, the US has not even done anything at all to Syria other then a sternly worded letter and the sanctions everyone else adopted too. And with good reason, it's quicksand, less clear then Libya, more internationally difficult, with more Islamist rebels, it is Chaos.

On the other hand, there does seem to be significant evidence that the rebels were the ones who used the gas.

This essentially.

Oh and things like these:
Immigration Bills Biometric coverup
Boston Bombing cover-up continues.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 05:21:12 pm »

Obama doesn't even want to attack Syria. It's a highly unpopular move, even with Chemical Weapons. It's like, you just don't realize that politics is a thing that stops politicians from doing things. In a month the US government won't even have funding. The US is not going to Invade Iran, the US will not commit troops to Syria, the US has not even done anything at all to Syria other then a sternly worded letter and the sanctions everyone else adopted too. And with good reason, it's quicksand, less clear then Libya, more internationally difficult, with more Islamist rebels, it is Chaos.
I think the biggest question now is - could there have been someone in the government, or some part of the government, that DID want this to happen? Especially with all the contracter-mania and super-confidential activity lately, the government keeps finding itself in the position of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. For example, supplying the military in Afghanistan had strict rules, which quite a few people ignored for their own benefit, and their superiors ignored it because they thought it might work out for THEIR benefit, and everyone else ignored it because it doesn't pay to look into too deeply...

In the cold war, there were quite a few instances of groups doing stuff that the upper levels of the government would much prefer they weren't doing, since it didn't line up with their strategy and had a big chance of backfiring on them. It's certainly possible someone in the government supply chain had this awesome idea and proposed it to someone else and even that some group thought it was a good idea and began planning for it... but honestly, with things the way they are, I don't know why the administration would ever want to support it, and they've shown no signs of supporting the end goal publicly.

It's a lot more likely the rebels just got their hands on some of Assad's weapons. He may not benefit from actually using them, but they certainly could.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8