Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: ~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~  (Read 9035 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2013, 05:40:23 pm »

i swear he said i sharpened my sword as well. With a load of blacksmithing skill, I would've thought that also involves improving weapons as well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

You are dealing a nifty amount of damage, but it's not really clear enough whether that's a result of sharpening your weapon, or just good hits on your part.

And yeah, sorry - it's full right now. I think having more than 7 people might make things a little crazy, buuuuut if the players were all okay with it, I'd probably at least consider it. (Though you're second in line on the Waitlist)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2013, 07:46:12 pm »

You can try do that kind of stuff NRDL, it's just that having proper abilities helps. Otherwise I roll your unarmed skill and such to see if you can do it properly/how effective it is/etc.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2013, 05:13:53 pm »

The idea of the Ferrum Knights armour was a 2-handed weapon, but the left gauntlet/bracer would be reinforced with a strong bar of metal. This would be used to bat aside enemy attacks without the need for a shield. the fact it would hit the enemy weapon's side rather than the blade and the additional reinforcing would prevent damage - it wouldn't be blocking directly but deflecting. When/if we find a forge, would this be an acceptable modification to my armour? i imagine it would add a percentage automatic block chance, maybe.

That's what I could use the copper bar for, anyway. As quite a dense metal it should work quite well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2013, 05:17:29 pm »

I don't think you can use any of the shields with 'shield' in their name, but I know you can use the buckler Gigla.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2013, 05:48:46 pm »

I feel silly now for not seeing that you can be a smith. Ah well.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2013, 07:32:54 pm »

Alright,I assume you saw my sheet that I sent you?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2013, 12:58:04 am »

Yes, I did.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2013, 04:35:42 am »

It would take a good bit of time to identify the staff.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2013, 08:16:02 am »

Ok then someone else take it I can identify it later
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2013, 01:08:11 pm »

The staff is most optimally sized for Edgar. So if anyone uses it, it should likely be him.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2013, 03:32:36 pm »

I know, really I just wanted him to know what enchantment he was getting grumble grumble 20+ enchanting what u good for?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »

grumble grumble 20+ enchanting what u good for?

Actually getting readings on properties within a reasonable timeframe, and not getting false readings when you do you have the time to identify it. :P

It'd take a bare minimum of about 10 minutes to get anything at all done, in that 10 minutes you could either identify the property, identify no properties, or falsely identify a property. But at your skill, and with the presumably low level of the staff - You wouldn't need to worry much about wasted time or misidentifying properties.
So like 30/40 minutes would be good for a staff like that, not incredibly long - but I don't think everyone else wants to sit in here for that amount of time right now.

Like I said to Lilli - who's original post about the time it takes to identify magical items I ninja'd: It's like the rest of the skills, it actually takes time to do stuff. So unless it's very important, all of that is best done around the same time as everyone else - like say when you're in a safe place and it's either coming close to the time the party would go to sleep, or you just need to get some stuff done.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:24:18 pm by Aninimouse »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2013, 02:01:52 am »

Can the throwing axes be used as melee weapons effectively? Or are they to small for that?

I know it's possible but some kinds are to small to be effective for it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:07:40 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2013, 02:10:24 am »

You probably could, but you also probably couldn't use them to as much effectiveness as your daggers.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12