Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259174 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2610 on: November 29, 2013, 08:58:05 pm »

Blood sacrifices probably vary depending on whose blood we sacrifice.

Blood of the Self gave us a silver mechanisms. In reference to Silver, the past The Hero.
Wenches Blood gives us succubi. Possibly in reference to the submissive personalities of wenches as servants and being women.
Blood of people we don't care about gives us things that come to life. Because their blood doesn't mean anything to us but life.

So yeah, we should test on other peoples' blood to sacrifice, to see what they think of themselves.(But they have to do the sacrifice)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 29, 2013, 09:28:12 pm »

Disregarding the sacrifices for a while, I wonder why do we even have hammercogs? These things are slow to build (1 per turn) and provide only +1 to destruction.

Build some shiny new steel assault cogs.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 30, 2013, 03:39:04 am »

+1 to whichever the top cog making vote is - I want cogs made but I don't get really interested in any cogs but Splinter and Gamington as yet (I'm a summoner/mutator interested player ;p)

How's about we set up catching some live fish/fishtanks set up throughout lair and consider upgrading the lair with a 'fast mutation' emergency switch?Unsure how useful that will be in the 'heat of the moment' (some of the mutations take hours to finish, like our newest advisor's did) but for the rest - having a few hundred+ new mutants for any invaders to have to deal with might be useful, and we won't have to deal with any side effects of having a few hundred+ mutants around all the time (fish are easier to feed and clean?)

Umm.  Oh yeah!  Fluff :D  What's our newest advisor up to?  And what's Splintercog, Psisquid, and Cerulean doing? How are the new additions continuing to settle in?  What's our lair feel like as we move through it?  And we need to scratch at least one catfish's chin, there's luck that comes from that and the catfish surely like it too!
+1

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 30, 2013, 07:23:15 am »

I have been thinking about a new kind of cog. A personal cog. It's time for us to get bodyguards. Awesome bodyguards.

Think about this:

A cog which is taller than a human, carrying an impressive tower shield and wearing heavy armor, and that carries a flail with a spiked obsidian head the size of a human head.

They shall be the Praetorian cogs, our personal guard, that shall go with us to wherever we go. They shall defend us wherever we are. They shall exist only to protect us.

Ideally, we would have only two of them, which will follow us around our base being awesome.

Other subjects: send Gamington and Coghuahua to the training grounds.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 30, 2013, 07:41:02 am »

A cog which is taller than a human, carrying an impressive tower shield and wearing heavy armor, and that carries a flail with a spiked obsidian head the size of a human head.

Something like this?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 30, 2013, 07:42:27 am »

Something like this?
Yeah, but more human-like. And the spiked ball has to be made of obsidian for awesomeness

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 30, 2013, 07:42:52 am »

Send Gamington and Coghuahua to the training room.

Then develop new programming so our basic cogs can serve as workforce as well as troops. Yeah, essentially i'm thinking to make our basic mooks (Cogs) Worker Units so we get more.

Praetorian cogs... later, basic efficiency BEFORE pretty toys.

Also, our praetorian guard should be heavy cavalry, not heavy infantry. Far, far better.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 30, 2013, 07:44:48 am »

I dunno, we rarely engage in situations where cavalery is anywhere remotely usefull.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 30, 2013, 07:45:48 am »

Cavalry? that is not useful in reduced spaces.

I was just suggesting a new kind of cog, not actually voting for them.

And I think that our normal cogs are already a workforce.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 30, 2013, 07:50:08 am »

And if they aren't, nothing a simple reprogramming couldn't fix!
Praetorian cogs
+1

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: November 30, 2013, 07:56:24 am »

I dunno, we rarely engage in situations where cavalery is anywhere remotely usefull.

heavy cavalry
>dismount
>instant heavy infantry

We should make mounts though. Flying ones preferably.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 30, 2013, 07:58:41 am »

heavy cavalry
>dismount
>instant heavy infantry

That is not how cavalry work. Heavy cavalry and heavy infantry are armed and armoured differently.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 30, 2013, 07:59:36 am »

heavy cavalry
>dismount
>instant heavy infantry

That is not how cavalry work. Heavy cavalry and heavy infantry are armed and armoured differently.
Point.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 30, 2013, 08:06:11 am »

If we want reprogramming, then we should make flesh cogs. Shadenight has been practically screaming at us that this is their special ability.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 30, 2013, 08:14:49 am »

A bodyguard/heavy infantry/Praetorian Cogs sound more interesting and useful than worker cogs, that is nothing really different from our regulars.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 213